THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

honesty a new era of thrive has begun, the Fourum Eras, there have been more posts than normal in this time period.

Has anyone kept track of how long each of the community forums has been in use? I have a feeling this current community forum will soon have been the longest one in-use. (At least people still arenā€™t comparing this to how good things used to be)

3 Likes

but what happened to the mods? I think that if the modding action starts kicking in maybe it could attract more people to thrive

People just stopped making mods.
I get a sense of deja vu, like I have said that exact sentence beforeā€¦

1 Like

but why did they stop?

People just lost interest I guess, and not a lot of people made mods in the first place

because thrive isnā€™t a game that has the opportunity to mod, you need a lot of software, (and you canā€™t pack the mod in a folder and then ship it, and say it is meant to be put in some GameData folder because thriveā€™s assets are mixed up everywhere so you need to ship it as a compiled app)

Actually you just need Godot, and you can ship the mod as just one file, it pretty easy to mod, but without a real mod loader you can really only have one mod active at a time

1 Like

I think you also need Git LFS.

But yea, iā€™ve never seen a mod,

Easy, make a mod to make a mod loader. ą² ā€æā†¼

I AM THE TRANSLATE-KING, I MADE THE FINAL TRANSALATION IN THRIVE/THRIVE

1 Like

If you donā€™t want to make tweaked versions of Thrive files, you donā€™t. You can just draw whatever you want, import it to a blank Godot project, export that as a pck (to convert the image to a Godot compatible format) and then combine the data from that into the Thrive.pck (or if we get that mod loader done the separate .pck file could be loaded independently).

Well that is a bit more difficult than just modifying a png file and redistributing the whole thing. But Thrive shouldnā€™t be any harder to mod than another game made in Godot (that doesnā€™t have a mod loader written for the game).

According to my memory, this is the 3rd forum yes (ignoring Evolutions)?
It started with the Sporums, then moved to the old Thrive Forum and then split into this one an the Dev Forum.

How old is this Forum?

been here since dec 17ā€™ i think.

You forgot canadaboards.

Joined in December '17 gang rise up!

1 Like

2019 (I thinkā€¦) gang.
I wonder if any non-dev/former dev have been around since the old >2017 (you did mean 2017 right? Iā€™d be concerned and confused if this place was made in 1917).

Many of the other early users who are not developers, where around at least on the previous forums and from there where directed to join here.

1 Like

Youā€™re missing a forum in between the canadaboards (combined dev and community) forum and this one.

And Iā€™ve been around since early 2016. This forum was made around the same time Hyhy joined I think.

EDIT: Crazy to think yā€™all didnā€™t live through the great goat incident of ā€˜16.

3 Likes

Thrive was made 3.8 billion years ago(if you know the joke here, you have been awarded the maximum nerdy-awards and get infinite access to the Science! catagory)

The only joke that I know of the top of my head is quite common here. It involves underwater vents.

melt the smetals

1 Like