THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Lucky us I was there to remember!

You better watch out, You better watch out, You better watch out, You better watch out, You better watch outā€¦

I prefer Halloween

1 Like

How dare you?

JK, halloween is my second favorite holiday

unrelated note, 9 posts from before june 2020 have been deleted, since the 5000th post was created, meaning that the 5000th wiki post is now only the 4991st post :frowning:

Hey @hhyyrylainen, what was that plugin that Thrive in Godot uses to make sure that C# naming conventions are respected? I might try to install it in VS2022 to get used to it.

I think they use a custom ruby script to run formatting checks using jetbrain resharper

According to this it installed with dotnet sdk

1 Like

Yeah we use resharper command line tools, like was mentioned already, but we also use a checkers that are part of the build process. They are defined in the build props file:

The James Webb Telescope launch today!

2 Likes

I have gained regular back!

5 Likes

Despite the TU being dead as far as I can tell, I may add a new submssion to it when I get the chance. Iā€™ve been deleting my old submissions, usually because they arenā€™t any good. And because Iā€™ve used some of them for my own projects.

Iā€™ll have to think about it more. If the TU gains traction again, Iā€™ll definitely get involved.

I just wish there were some TU moderators, it would definitely help with activity i the TU thread

2 Likes

@hhyyrylainen, why do we have hats in the ā€œOnline Usersā€ bar, but not in threads?

I installed a discourse update. Iā€™ll see if I can get it fixed really quickly.

Edit: should be fixed now, I also went and tweaked the hat positioning a bit and fixed the positioning on mobile quite a lot.

3 Likes

Please avoid double posting by editing your existing reply

You mean triple posting.

Yeah, thatā€™s even worse. And in fact the forum software (discourse) simply wonā€™t let you post more than 3 times in a row (if you arenā€™t a moderator), so that was already the longest possible normal post streak.

Then how is it zenzone has successfully posted 5 times in a row?

This was when he started joking about ā€œBore ragnarokā€.

1 Like

That shouldnā€™t be possible. Do you have a link?
Iā€™ve not seen anyone post more than 3 times in a row, and also the person who usually posted the PUs here was simply unable to post more than 3 in a row before being made a moderator.

Maybe people deleted the posts In between?

I just looked over the thread where i think blackjacksike was tallking about but i donā€™t see any post with 3 or more in a row.

It should be around here:

1 Like

Or maybe he was secret mod and no one knew