THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

is this green or yellow?

• Green
  • Yellow

0 voters

1 Like

its in between. both green and yellow

Itā€™s yellowgreen greenyellow

You made the poll so that people can select both options. Which is accurate I guess, but probably not what you want.

yeah, i didnā€™t understand what the ā€œmultiple choiceā€ option meant, but at least i got my answer
also i absolutely cannot see yellow in that, saw someone say it was yellow and got confused

Thrive colors in a nutshell:

Phosphate:Wait ammonia I can explain-
Ammonia: Why do you have a more visible color than me?
Hydrogen sulfide: Do you know what your color is?!
Iron: You guys are getting a color?

3 Likes

Elysian Eclipse has released their first demo, which is a surprise to me since I thought the project was abbandoned.

interesting formation.
they are all standing still too

1 Like

Why would they abandon the game in less than 3 months? Well I suppose there have been Thrive-like (or Spore-like) projects before that fizzled out before they even properly got started.

yes. such as the familiar named ones that have nothing in common with the name thrive, such as:
Live
Hive
Drive (failed cell racing game)
Thriv
and of courseā€¦
Clide
(i dont think any of these are a real thingā€¦)

what do you mean 3 months? It has been 1 year

? ElysianEclipse reddit was ā€œCreated Jan 13, 2022ā€ Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s been just since December at most when elysian eclipse started. Okay, thereā€™s a small chance that it existed for some time before anyone knew about it and us Thrive developers also hadnā€™t heard about it.

Woah! your cell can actually eat the huge iron chunks if its big enoughā€¦
im learning more and more about the mechanics of this game each day lol

thatā€™s been common knowledge for a while now

2 Likes

PC Talk. Incoming transmissionā€¦

I just hope that they wonā€™t replace TLC parts with QLC parts after its release AND that the price will be lowered. Are preorders always more expensive than regular orders?

In my experience it is usually the opposite. Though, I guess it might happen if the company making the product is not experienced enough to know what manufacturing the product would actually cost, so I guess in that case they might realize after making the initial batches that they could sell it for cheaper to try to maximize sales.

I really wonder whether I should replace my current storage (512 GB SATA SSD + 6 TB HDD) with that 8 TB PCIe 4.0 M.2 TLC SSD or simply wait until Fall 2022 and upgrade my motherboard (Asus ROG Strix B450-I gaming) and CPU (Ryzen 5 2600X)?

Itā€™d likely be more cost effective to get just 2-4 TB of M.2 SSD storage. I think the prices for the 8 TB are still a bit of a waste of money better spent on other components, unless you really need that much SSD storage. I have 2 TB M.2 gen 4 SSD as my primary drive with quite many much cheaper per GB hard drives for bulk storage where the access speed doesnā€™t really matter.

Iā€™ve never really experienced what it is to have everything stored in my C:// drive (including my entire Steam library).

:neutral_face:

This doesent have nothing to do with the previous topic, this is some miscellaneous gameplay stuff i had experienced ingame that i found cool and i didnt know where to post.

My Cells in the game have the Strategy to starve enemy cells to death
DeathByStarvation
They cant absorb or damage the enemy cell so they just hold it in place with 4-5 friendly cells and wait for it to starve.
This wouldnt be the most effective strategy normally but, my cells swap out the positions holding the cell inplace constantly, so that cells go and get the resources they need while the thing still gets held in place. In this image the swarm was far more than 4-5 but thats just because we had a ton of cells nearby. Alot of them ran off a minute later

3 Likes