THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

OH NO winrar is no longer free
edit:Wait no its not i think. Winrar was deleted from my laptop somehow
Edit 2:Crisis averted

1 Like

Ahah, Thrive eggs

1 Like

40,000 of them. i wonder how many will hatch into disturbances

1 Like

No, those are not eggs, those are disguisted soliders of Imperial Thrive Army.

1 Like

Are the Imperial Thrive Army chickens?

We have 1 million ready, 200,000 more to hutch

1 Like

Guys watch! I found a blog talking about thrive

3 Likes

Wow, that sure was a nice article. I nearly got emotional.

Spoiler

But in the end, I managed to not give up my composure.

Wow! Great article!

Spoiler

NO! How could you have defeated me so easily?!?

1 Like

You should 100% uninstall winrar and install 7-zip, itā€™s much more useful software and it is fully free.

2 Likes

Iā€™m incredibly dumb and have both, and can confirm that 7-zip is better

1 Like

Whatā€™s better about 7zip over winrar for the average user just wondering?

Itā€™s actually free, doesnā€™t technically legally require you to purchase it after the trial period. The second huge point is that it supports the .7z format which compresses much better than the rar format.

I really have no idea what WinRAR and 7zip are, I always thought that WinRAR was one of those useless old programs that Microsoft forgets to update, and I still think that

@hhyyrylainen, given that you are on Linux, do you play SteamVR games sometimes? How good is it?

Also, can we share Odysee videos here like it was from YouTube?

I donā€™t have any VR devices currently, though Iā€™ve heard that it is starting to be problem free. We as long as you have Valveā€™s hardware, the other vendors donā€™t seem to care about Linux so they are much more of a risk of being broken.

1 Like

Imagine playing Thrive in VR - Seeing and hearing like your creature (donā€™t ask what happens when you are plant)

1 Like

I canā€™t wait for Valveā€™s next headset to come out. Given that there was a 2 years gap between the Valve Indexā€™s release and the Steam Deckā€™s release, my prediction indicates that the Valve Deckard will be released next year.

Iā€™ve also heard rumors about the Galea project and it seems that itā€™s starting to distribute their Varjo headset to Beta developers.

Having BCI (Brain Computer Interface) would useful to control an organism with multiple arms or pseudopodes.

1 Like

Can the steam deck even run vr, it feel like it be too weak for that?

Unless i am misunderstanding what the valve deckard is?

1 Like

The Valve Deckard is a secret project that is speculated to be a new headset. Sadly itā€™s Bradley made a ton of videos about the leaks of that project.