THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

What’s wrong with this is a totally normal thing right guys??

right guys???

I haven’t really tried Rust, but my initial impression of the language is slightly negative due to the way they picked the syntax for it and the amount of fanboys the language has. But overall I don’t really care if the Linux kernel starts to accept code in Rust or not.

why do you think that’s cursed?
that’s literally my default facial expression.

1 Like

I think I’m going to drop this for now. I was a one-off brain exercise, anyway.

A random question to be answered if one of you knows how image processing work in a camera. Imagine there is a 12 MP camera sensor, but you want more than 12 MP. So you get several of those and put them all on the same apparatus. Is it possible to use all those camera sensors at once when taking a photo to combine all the images together and get a higher MP/quality image? How does that work?

1 Like

Presumably it can work with suitable lenses so that the other sensor takes a picture that’s “next to” the other image. With just 2 sensors you end up with a rectangle image, so you really should use 4 I think as then you can just pretend that those 4 sensors are one bigger sensor in practice. That’s my very amateur understanding of how it could work, someone who knows optics and camera sensors in detail might know something different that could be done.

2 Likes

Otherwise, I guess one could use a set of mirrors so that they all capture the same exact image and then reprocess the overall picture. I just don’t know if that would increase the MP.

1 Like

My understanding is that that would always result in reduced light, if you use mirrors to split the light, you literally split the light so each sensor gets less light. That’s fine if you are in direct sunlight but in a normally lit room that likely results in worse images. Maximising the light reaching the sensor is the reason why DSLR have a light splitting mirror that flips out of the way when you take an image so that no light is split off and all of it reaches the sensor for maximum image quality.

3 Likes

I just heard an amazing quote today lol

“Lawful is just Awful with a big fat L”

5 Likes

Spore had a large popularity in Russia, so I wondered if thats also the case here. Where are you from?

• Us/Canada/Britain/Ireland/Australia/New Zealand
  • Latin America
  • Latin Europe
  • Central/Northern Europe/Greenland
  • Balkans/Turkey/South Caucasus
  • Eastern Europe/Russia
  • Iran/Central Asian
  • Arab League/Israel/Western Sahara
  • Sub Saharan Africa
  • South Asia
  • East Asia
  • South East Asia/Papua New Guinea
  • Pasific Islands/Antarctica/International Space Station

0 voters

In the map

How many galaxies would you like to see in the game?

• 1 galaxy with all the stars
  • A few galaxies
  • Hundreds of tiny galaxies
  • Chosen on the settings

0 voters

1 Like

We finally have the opposite of inactivity! Isn’t that awesome?

Please write something @Trappist-1e @Deathwake @Null @StealthStyle @RizkyPramudyaCJ @LordLovat @tjwhale @RoboTrannic

Was there a rhyme or reason for who you chose to mention?

Not really, random people @Doast

Please do not be a nuisance to random people by mentioning them.

1 Like

Remeber when I actually decided to post something? me neither shrug.

2 Likes

I did it.
I got post 9400.
I am truly ascending.

2 Likes

I got an idea, the “Ascended” class colour could be yellow, but brighter. Something like this:

1 Like

What about rainbow?

Tis the highest class you know.

1 Like

What color is it currently set to?