THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 2)

No, but if you want more of your money to go to Godot (rather than going to Patreon fees), you should switch to using Godot’s new funding platform.

We don’t need to bruh.

1 Like

According to sadlyitsbradley, the Valve Deckard will be released as the Valve Galileo soon. In his livestream, he said it was most likely a VR headset1. Later, he updated his statement on Twitter as he was considering the fact that this could be a SteamVR machine2. Nonetheless, this idea was quickly dismantled as a Valve employee confirmed that while they had been working on such a machine for the Index (and probably for the Deckard), they abandoned that idea as such a machine would need to be as powerful as a fully fledged gaming PC to be worth buying and that would be too expensive.3.

Sources:

1. https://youtu.be/syLTCCR23FU
  2. https://twitter.com/SadlyItsBradley/status/1701211373458313482?s=20
  3. https://twitter.com/SadlyItsBradley/status/1702564952450437548

It’s time for some votes again

Who would win in a battle to death: Disturbance or Romp?
  • Disturbance
  • Romp
0 voters
1 Like

Ngl, Romp just seems more physically bulky, larger, more sturdy, and has horns. Way more combat ready than Disturbance.

2 Likes

But disturbance has ascension perks

1 Like

Is it officially confirmed or only a fan theory?

Sciocont says

“that’s not important” may either mean

1. He was inspired from the card game, but it doesn’t effect the canon of Thrive

or

1. Disturbance has magical powers, but Thrive is a scientificly accurate game and even if you encountered it in the game (as an easter egg or civilisation), it couldn’t shown to have those powers (this was before ascension perks)
1 Like

GUYS GUYS GUYS!
JOHN CONWAY IS LITERALLY EVERYWHERE!
HE CANNOT BE ESCAPED!
I have found him in AT LEAST three sciences, including cellular automata and knot theory! (I forgot the second one, sorry)

Hhyyrylainen is now only 125 messages from becoming ascended.

Ok let him reply and stuff.

He will have to update that Ascended flair soon and give it its righteous purple glory!

2 Likes

purple is too general, violet/indigo would be a better description for it’s glorious color

1 Like

But let’s call it purple.

I remember this one ck3 campaign I had, I was playing as Cornwall and a while after forming the kingdom of Cornwall a crusade for Jerusalem was declared.

I didn’t really have any interest in participating but the pope pressured me so I pretty much just sent an army to its death to get him off my back. But then a year later and the war was still going on. Our side had like -89% war score but the Arabs just weren’t able to get us all the way.

Since I was still in first place among the attackers in terms of war contribution (your entire army dying is generally viewed as a large sacrifice), I decided to throw another army into the war. And then another. And another. And another.

The crusader AI was really stupid back then, so our forces were always split up into stacks of 2000~ or so soldiers that the Arab armies of 10-20,000 were able to easily roll over one at a time. And it was also because of this that my armies kept getting destroyed easily.

But every time I threw an army to its death, the enemy would lose a few thousand troops. More and more Islamic nations kept joining (to the point where pretty much the entirety of Europe was at war with the entirety of Arabia, Persia, and North Africa) and our war score was still around -80%, but we just would not quit, and I guess we were able to regenerate our troops faster than they could convince more kingdoms to join the war.

Eventually I managed to accrue a sizeable force of men-at-arms and start crushing the armies and sieging the capitals. It took forever and my army was constantly taking attrition, though the men-at-arms were capable of regenerating their numbers even while being an entire continent away.

I think I might have also destabilized a big player on the defending side by a half dozen assassinations or something, but I might be misremembering.

But eventually, miraculously, our war score stopped being on the verge of defeat and then after a few more years we won.

I don’t remember the exact length of the war, though it was at least around 17 years long, and I had come to the Holy Land on seven different occasions with seven different armies. It was practically this world’s first world war. I’m pretty sure I lost an eye in one of the battles.

For my efforts, I was posthumously declared the patron-saint of Holy Warfare.

Since seven is an important number in the bible, and I came to fight seven different times, that might have contributed.

His death also probably became an Islamic holiday.

Also I was accused of being incestuous by my court chaplain and the accusations stuck. I was never able to live it down. Funnily enough however my next ruler actually was married to a close relative and no one said anything.

1 Like

I think google maps just had a redesign…

…I don’t really like it.

I like it a lot.

Did you also take into account how many threads I’ve created as those are added to the post count?

1 Like

…so you’re like 15 posts from becoming ascended?

No wayyyyyyyy!!!

Valve Deckard! Valve Deckard! I need to see the Valve Deckard. I CAN’T WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!