THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 2)

For the safety of everyone’s mental health
Im silencing a few people

9 Likes

This shall forever be known as a dark chapter in forum history…

1 Like

I will never mention this again.

1 Like

can you remove it from your bio?

1 Like

The mood here is so tense…

I’m going to drop this maxwell cat here

8 Likes

It looks like we’ve got a similar idea, I dropped six ‘new’ videos in the Cute Animals Videos! thread.

2 Likes

I think this is one of those post that become ingrained in the forum history and become part of the culture for better or worse…

Let’s not speak of what occurred on March 9, 2023.

1 Like

This goes straight to the Thrive Iceberg

5 Likes

Layer: Void
Entry: March 9, 2023

3 Likes

I think it’s less of march 9th incident since it originated on a different day but yeah

I mean, I don’t think this event is really worth remembering as a part of the Thrive Community culture, since this only happened in one thread and was quickly resolved. Maybe as a little factoid or a very small inside joke that only like maybe 10 people would get.

Yeah I think it’s a very much smaller version of the goat incident (or maybe the ja1cob user) in that’s a single event that happen that people will remember because of just strangeness

I think it still have some significance since it’s just a really weird that happened and so it’s notable in the same way in certain fandoms there are just certain infamous post that get joked about every couple of months as a really weird thing that happened

4 Likes

That’s some lore I’m not familiar with! Straight into the iceberg!

2 Likes

Ja1cob was a user on the old forum they were (I think) the first perma-banned thrive forum regular for this post (there’s a lot of context missing here because I need to do research to give an accurate account lmao)

but one of the thing I remember was the even before this post he was kind of contentious with most users and argue with them a lot, mostly about the laid-back attitude we have here. Which is actually probably ‘worse’ now

2 Likes

How did that post get him banned

1 Like

If you read the 2nd chapter carefully you noticed that it was a indirect dig at the mods and admins

specifically this part:

I dreamed of mechanical dinosaurs and wyverns that never die. I dreamt of a river of olives.
It suddenly caught fire, unannounced as unwavering flames consumed the night sky. The olive branch was so easily discarded, without a second thought.
A wild dog that would delete his enemies without uttering a word, and steal all possessions from his ignorant neighbours claiming it for his own,
Of a house seeping the smoke of the pointed leaf, spreading its clouds over the sky, literally foreshadowing the fall of a nation and its peoples.
Of a king who would randomly banish innocent subjects, with no reason. While letting the guilty run free, mocking those who were expelled from the nation.
Of a wild bird with a hairy lip that brushed so meekly against the pages of the constitution. Only a fool would partake in such acts.
Of a toad on a one wheeled instrument, going through the streets of London, unannounced. Why London?
Of a psychotic cook, reigning over a foreign kitchen, dictating unearned power in the name of the gods. He hated steak.
Of a ship’s captain lost at sea drowning in regret and apology. But such unfounded forgiveness can only be known as the true bearings of an egotistical nature escaping from punishment.

They talked about it here:
https://thrivegame.freeforums.net/thread/1230/moderator-reports

1 Like

I wonder what he would have said about me…

100% would have hated you, you are not a mod but you are definitely what he was against, you are a shitposter and he hated the light unprofessionalism of the forum

1 Like

Guess he would have hated me as well.

1 Like