THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 2)

Our father is Hyainlinan, he created us from ones and zeroes he bought from the dollar store.

And yes, The System is canonically both Hayinli’s big brother and son.

1 Like

It’s the LUCA of all online Thrive users.

primium thrivium

I was looking for aquatic stage mods for spore when I saw this:

History repeat itself, forever

2 Likes

And just as in thrive its problematic. Atleast they would allow you to somehow smeltl the meltl in spore.

It shows 18 for me.

@hhyyrylainen, what do you think about Rhino (rolling release distro based on Ubuntu)?

This is the first time I’ve heard of that, and the popularity metric on DistroWatch quite clearly indicates it is not one of the popular distros. I basically wouldn’t use any distro not in the top 20 most popular once due to the threat of the distro just stopping and requiring me to take time to reinstall to keep getting updates. So I wouldn’t really recommend that. There’s various more stable rolling distros built on top of Arch, which kind of seem like the most sensible picks if you absolutely want a rolling distro but don’t just want to go with Arch (or Arch with a fancy installer). Though even those aren’t safe as I remember one of the two big distros built on Arch getting shut down in the past few years.
I’d personally only really pick from Fedora, Mint, some of the Arch derivatives, some Debian derivative, Ubuntu (preferrably derivatives like Pop OS) and open suse. Anything else is asking for a lot of trouble and I’d really hate to see someone be put off by Linux because they picked a random unpopular distro where they can’t get support and the most popular guides online might not apply to fix their problems.

2 Likes

Heres a random question i have(totally not related to rainbow six siege beeing down again): Why are ubisofts game frequently buggy and their servers, atleast in some games, so prone to crashes? They are a large company with a decently large playerbase. It would be expected that there would be more patching, testing and proper setup done.

that is implying something i do NOT want to think about or consider

Companies that just try to maximise profits do the bare minimum they think they can get away with. The cost-benefit calculation being that slight inconveniences don’t belgium off people so badly that they stop playing your game.

Luckily there are still some good companies out there who do things to make their products better for the customer without looking at the cold hard numbers and estimating how poorly made their product can be before it starts decreasing revenue.

4 Likes

I made some concept art for a project of mine that i thought yall would like

Basically Callisto and Europa collided during the formation of the solar system, due to the plan of a sentient species in the oceans of Europa, who wanted to make contact with humanity and the only way they found was to manipulate the timeline to make it possible

6 Likes

You are saying that an underwater civ found a way to time travel or something?

Are we at the point where underwater civs also have time travel powers?

4 Likes

Almost that.They found that Europa’s core allowed them to shift certain objects around and around, and they took advantage of that. For example, they moved an entire small town to the europa surface, making humans curious, sending a lander to it and so the aliens send the lander to the soviet union, 1950s allowing the soviets to reverse engineer it, korolev doesn’t die cuz better medicine and they get to the moon first, triggering a whole chain of events allowing humans get on their planet

3 Likes

so space-warping planet core?

3 Likes

Back to the future 4 be looking wild

4 Likes

Guess I just finally found my next phone:

My galaxy s9+ has started to get a bit old (in terms of battery capacity at least) so I’d been hoping that Fairphone would release a new phone this year.

2 Likes

I finally finished spore for the first time, and it was… Okay? Like, yes the warrior empires was super annoying all time, and and my allies kept getting attacked by my other allies, but the mating songs were so belgium good compensated it.

But anyway now I wish I could play completed thrive so badly

3 Likes

I’d love to see an alternate timeline where Britain won the space race instead of the US and got the most money out of WW2.

Man, I’d love to have that for my next smartphone except that they don’t ship to Canada. Luckily, I have some friends in Europe who could help me with that. Too bad the screen is so large.