THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 2)

Hey, anyone here have chesscraft? If so, anyone want to play?

I can get it if you want.
Edit: i cant get past the starter levels please help
Edit: i got past the Peasant’s intro map without failing
Edit: i cant get past the wizard’s intro map! Please help!

@Lipovomit, if you want to start to learn how to code, I suggest you should learn Python or C# first.

Here’s a good tutorial for each:

You can also look for tutorials on YouTube if that helps.

So I’ve been looking at the statistics of every user, and I’ve been wondering this. How exactly does read time work? Certain users have a particularly large amount of posts read, but their total read time (in terms of days) amounts to far less than other users despite them having read less posts according to the stats. Does Discourse know when a user is skimming a thread versus when a user is sinking more time into reading each individual post?

I’m pretty sure the forums does actually know how long you have a thread open in a tab. There’s hopefully an upper limit without user interaction as I usually leave tabs open if there’s a post I want to reply to.

1 Like

If I try to put a ! before a link, the link breaks link

What do you mean? Raw links in markdown are converted to clickable links automatically. For more control you can use the actual markdown link syntax [text](https://link_goes_here), images can be embedded by putting a ! in front of a link like: ![image description](https://link_to_image.png).

1 Like

Just noticed that I have more read time than you.

At least im still the king of read time

2 Likes

Will TeaKing be the first to Ascend? Find out next time on…
THRIVE COMMUNITY FORUMS! DUN DUN DUNNN

As of now, TeaKing is currently in third place in terms of post creation (outranked by blackjacksike and hhyyrylainen, who have 3.2k and 4.2k posts created respectively.) So it seems that our friendly server admin is the closest to reaching the Ascension gate.

I’m the 5th closest to reaching ascension

im the 10000th closest

wait
IM IN THIRD PLACE?
wow
i didnt expect that at all
but this makes me kinda curious about something

42*24 = 1008 hours
ive spent 1008 hours reading the forums

1 Like

You really do read everything we post, huh?

(No, seriously. You actually do have the longest read time in the forums, by a long margin. For perspective, hhyyrylainen has a read time of 14 days, which amounts to 336 hours. That’s 3 times less than what you have. I mean, there’s no way to check the read time from least-to-greatest/greatest-to-least on the user rankings but I’d probably still be hard-pressed to find anyone who’s spent more time reading the forums than you.)

Wasn’t there a Forum Statistics page?

I use the “users” page that’s found when clicking on the menu, if that’s what you meant.

well isnt this interesting?

2 Likes

have you guys heard of the specultive creature called sussocaris?

they are suposed to be related to these goobers.

For future reference, please don’t post twice consecutively (double posting). If you have something to add to your original post, edit it instead.

2 Likes