THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

if anyone here has a fallout 76 game can you please make a shrine and recruit more followers.

a paradox:

this sentence is a lie.
if it is a lie then the sentence is true which means it is a lie and so on…
should i make a thread for cool paradoxes? yes or no:

• make the thread.
  • no, don’t do it.

0 voters

The quality of the posts here have gone downhill very fast in the past few weeks.

5 Likes

We should only have a thread for paradxes if there is no thread for paradoxes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@hhyyrylainen because the forums are now run with elementary school children and the unemployed (me).

@tjwhale nice.

1 Like

It’s odd, I actually felt like there was a rise in quality posts, but then the banana shitposting happened and everything went to shits again.

2 Likes
When it’s just one or two people shitposting, I usually don’t care. But when it’s an entire group forming a ‘cult’ of shitposting, then everything goes south…

why not everything going north?

how dare you curse in this christian family-friendly thrive forum! you’re gonna get your mouth washed with soap!

2 Likes

“Everything goes south” is an idiom that means that everything is getting worse.

Unless you were joking…

people tend to think that up is better and down is worse, that’s why people say going south and not north.

1 Like

Anyone playing Infinity battlescape? If anyone doesn’t know about it you do now:

Infinity Battlescape is a multiplayer space combat sim supporting hundreds of players on a single server. Join one of the corporate factions and fight for domination of a seamless, true-to-scale procedural star system. Participate in massive space and planetary battles involving hundreds of ships
1 Like

LONG LIVE THE BANODS!!! (post filler.)

1 Like

if you continue that you might get banned.

3 Likes

You guys watching the Turkish offensive?

1 Like

Is there a way to prevent banned users from coming back into the forums? Or can they just come back under another name?

1 Like

When deleting spammers discourse also adds an IP ban and permanently bans the email address used. Doesn’t seem to help a great deal, though as the Indian spammers just keep registering, luckily they post only a few posts that I can quickly identify as spam.
So far we only have 2 banned users, one of whom made a new account that was eventually discovered because they basically said that they had made a second account.

I think that most forums just keep banning banned users if they make alt accounts, or also IP ban the user, which helps if they can’t easily change their IP.

3 Likes

i think i ecountered a bug in the forum, when i put the cursor on an emoji reaction of to post the text that appears is behind the pfp of the poster. that is if their post is short like this one. wanna see that happen?

Very often when I update discourse (which is recommended to be done very often), they have changed their CSS so that our custom theme breaks.

Edit: I fixed it, but it’s very annoying to often spend 7 minutes messing with the style (and trying to not break something else).

2 Likes

Which is more likely:

• Be diplomatic like the Federation in Star Trek
  • Get a sense of Terran Manifest Destiny and aggressively expand
  • Act like a normal nation and have a mix of aggression and diplomacy
  • Kill ourselves before developing into a space-faring species

0 voters

1 Like

I’ll probably play the same as in Spore: I’ll be diplomatic, but if you declare war on me I will fight back and not quit until your entire species is extinct and the only thing left of your capital planet is a barren wasteland.

7 Likes