THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Can’t answer, never played it. The only RTS I play is Age of Mythology.

3 Likes

Most people don’t seem to admit to playing that game, glad I’m not the only one.
You should get a total war game, right now I’m doing Rome 2 which is notorious but there are overhaul mods that make the game really good (fix all the bugs and make the AI actually good).

1 Like

2 “could be betters”. Hm
I’m a bit curious about that, the games themselves are pretty good when you don’t look at DLC’s (or is it the greed that made that score).

1 Like

I think it’s fun to think about how, excuse my language, badshit crazy humans are. Any other intelligent organism on earth probably wouldn’t make a holiday of scaring off spirits, even if they did have the capability to… except for dolphins, dolphins are head cases.

1 Like

Hey, the 0.4.3 is 23% complete! Plus, the new UI is done! Yeah!

4 Likes

The programming team issue makes me think about the beginning of XCOM 2. One whole month of cleaning the Avenger slots with only 2 engineers… oof!

*double post

1 Like

After the bug reports I have seen, I dont think I will be able to play Thrive due to the fact I am using Intel graphics.

1 Like

What is with the obsession with making human shaped mechs/robots. The human body shape is so bad for war. I find a far better shape for robots/mechs to take would be insect like, many sharp legs designed to penetrate (and grapple into) the ground allowing for not just horizontal but vertical movement on terrain. Maybe make walking artillery that can walk itself into a superior firing spot on a mountain. Or create the centipede train idea I shared in order to move large amounts of equipment through areas where tacks and other infrastructure are destroyed.

4 Likes

We just want something to relate to while we’re being shot to death on the battlefield.

5 Likes

Anyway, I’m going to continue my game on XCOM 2.

1 Like

I really want a debate thread just cause I love debating stuff but we just need to keep it civilized. Would it be alright if I made one and we see if it can live more than a week (or day)?

1 Like

I feel like the ratio of people who are able to seriously debate compared to people who would not be able to debate in a civilized manner, is way too low for such a thing to work.

2 Likes

No, not a debate thread,no! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Sorry, I’ve been traumatized by debating. I won’t go into these kind of threads ever again. Anyway…

My new reaction to debate threads… (WARNING Incoming €@®®@p€) :

2 Likes

@blackjacksike if memory serves correctly, you’ve started most of those threads and if not, at least gleefully participated in them.

3 Likes
Yes, that’s why I won’t participate or create these things anymore. Anyway, we should stop talking about it; it stresses me out.
2 Likes

," he says 2 minutes after a triple post attempting to kickstart debate after the first attempt didn’t work out.

But yeah I agree, on the older forum maybe, but on this forum there are just too many people who are just incapable of proper debate, most likely devolving any attempts at debate threads into low-quality bickering.

4 Likes

I think I’ll let that thread go on its own path for now (if you were speaking about the “Wiki” thread). By the way, what did you mean by ," ?

1 Like

I was using headphones in the max volume… :grin:
I think I’m now deaf.

3 Likes

I should’ve put a warning like “Incoming €@®®@p€”.

Anyway, I’ll come back tomorrow with a meme about narotiza plus some screenshots of a weird graphical bug I found in XCOM 2.

See ya guys!

Hey, hey, hey! I’m back with the meme…

…nevermind, it’s too heavy for the forum apparently. Anyway, it wasn’t as good as I could do, but I’ve never done a gif before. But I’m also back with the glitches of XCOM 2!

First one…

As you see, the glitch gremlin decided that I should be flanked if I went behind the fence even if the enemies are in FRONT of it and NOT behind. This nearly killed all my soldiers, but with the help of savescumming, strategy and the courage of a ranger, everybody can be saved.

Second one…

That time, the glitch gremlin gave Skyrim horses’ abilities to that Andromedon, so that it could defy gravity. He also thought funny to tweak the game engine in a way that the rotations would mess up, which increased the formerly extracted anti-gravity abilities given to the Andromedon. That one didn’t really give me any trouble, sadly for the glitch gremlin.

Reloading the save or going to the next turn makes the glitch gremlin even more sad because it deletes the previously mentioned abilities of the Andromedon. Thus, the glitch gremlin played pretty dirty in that mission to make me risk the life of my soldiers. Thankfully for me and badly for him, savescumming saved my precious soldiers; even though all of them but the sniper were harmed.
Glitch gremlin

KaleidoscopicAnxiousBlackbuck-size_restricted
Credits: https://www.reddit.com/r/brokengifs/comments/34vbcr/why_hasnt_anyone_done_this_before/

fEb8-Ua9qGVzLEKHk7V5Q2m_wwyQw0cdkJODRqJB4lc
Credits: https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/c1kxjz/glitch_gremlin/

P.S.: I’ll redo the narotiza meme in december; when I’ll have some time to waste.

2 Likes

I think there is a niche in the ecosystem for an organism that just screeches at everything.

1 Like