THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

I used to hate all bugs. Then I decided that I was being dumb and had to get rid of the moths. Now nothing scares me.

1 Like

I wonder what would happen if your starting planet is terraformed when you’re in the aware/awakening stage. Could a species or many species adapt to Thrive in the new conditions?

1 Like

While the native species in the starting planet may not appreciate their home suddenly being changed to being all different all of the sudden, I think it’s safe to say that at least a few species could cope with it and adapt to those conditions.

1 Like

Depends on how extreme it is. If the aliens take just a couple of decades to change the atmosphere composition entirely, then every species that doesn’t have a new generation in a day or so (some insects can do this), is going to go extinct because they just can’t adapt fast enough.

1 Like

It’ll be an interesting event if it happens to your species. Hard, but unteresting.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Examples of code and my personal projects

Since the post with the terrible joke was moved to a different topic, here it is again:
Qual o heterónimo de Fernando Pessoa que se dedicou a dez dentistas?
Álvaro de Campos na sua fase decadentista!

And the explanation:

Summary

One interpreted the word “decadentista” to be the word “dentista” (dentist) with the prefix “deca” (ten), giving Álvaro de Campos’ decadentist fase a different meaning.

Long waited C̶̠̔ẙ̸̰b̶̠̏ë̶̦r̴͍͐p̸̯̆u̸͜͠n̴͈͊k̶̰̃ ̷̩̉2̷̩͐0̴̲́7̵̔ͅ7̵͔͑ got released!

Let’s play it on PS4!

Well, that didn’ work out. Let’s play it on PC, then!

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

*double post

Let’s just wait a year or two and the game will become more playable. And cheaper.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard alot of bad and good reviews of Cyberpunk, and pleasantly none of the bad seemed to involve the gameplay, just the performance.

So hopefully the developers will set about fixing that so everyone can properly enjoy it.

Makes me wonder how an initial console port of a future Thrive would run…

2 Likes

Would it even be possible?
like not even like can you run it? but can you control it?

Forgot to change my pfp after Halloween lol, so here’s the new me!

he looks familiar to me… is he from fallout?

Actually, yeah! It’s McMurphy from New Vegas.

I’ll finally get my hands on the Valve Index!

:partying_face:

1 Like

That valve index is a good headset, make sure to not get any sunlight in the lenses, it will burn up the screen

2 Likes

RIP

Breaking News!

It seems that even Polish companies can be afflicted by bad leadership.

I’m glad that Thrive is an open source project and that the developers behind it take their time to make things right even if issues just keep coming. It avoids those kinds of problems where the leadership lies about the project just to make more cash and doesn’t give developers enough time.

1 Like

Does anyone here play Ancestors Humankind Odessy? I’m on the 3rd species but due to luck and prior knowledge from a year back my apes are surprisingly advanced, fully omnivorous and upright.

Yeah I play it , its a good game

2 Likes

I put that game and “Humankind” in my wishlist. I’m waiting for price to lower and sales to rise and shine.

Speaking of sales, there will be the Steam Holiday Sales in about three hours.

1 Like