THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

It’s very unlikely to be in the game. In any existing designs / plans the player is only ever in control of a single species. So playing as “two” species would require the game logic and AI to detect this situation and help out the player, or there would need to be a mechanic to simultaneously control and edit multiple species that you gain control of through some mechanism.
This is so far from the intended route through the game that this kind of thing is decades off. Not sure why I bothered replying…

so… No interspecies love?

:man_facepalming:

I’m not going to answer that

2 Likes

Oh well, I wanted my species to have a culture that used the other species as “adult fun” slaves

Edit: the brown crab jumps on the weak evolution

That’s not a topic that is suitable to be discussed on these forums, please refer to the rules: FAQ Thread
and refrain from trying to discuss these kinds of topics in the future.

2 Likes

i hate everything, please just turn me into a clam

fralegend why

5 Likes

Ahh yes insanity. About codominance, the species would have to exactly match one another I tech, maybe having unique tech they can trade, and be isolated from one another until they are deep into society stage. My idea is a crazed player trying to be an aquatic civ (eventually succeeding) and an AI doing the more sane option but totally randomly. This combined might slow them down enough that the player wouldn’t be too advanced and so that small differences don’t acrute into a large difference. They’d be bad enough at communicating as to become invested in the mysterious mer-people/land dwellers. Long story short it might be unlikely, but unless someone mods the game for multiplayer it would be insanely improbable. All this is assuming they have no reason to kill/mildly dislike one another or a vollitile enough governing group to lash out for no reason. Examples of vollitile groups are: the entire populous (anarchy or democracy), entitled brats (oligarchy or aristocracy), a lot of smaller governments might be stable but probably not (federation or republic), a single entitled brat, or just any single person (all forms of autocracy), or evil opportunists (dictatorships, corpritocracy or a government of career bureaucrats). All that leaves is theocracys, who usually hate outside groups. Ok without multiplayer this isn’t happening. Sorry. Also the slave thing, just no. I would explain why that wouldn’t work, but no. Just no. Bye now.

2 Likes

Now that wasn’t very Fanatic Xenophile of you.

1 Like

What do you mean? ()(

Its a Stellaris reference

One day and the new Thrive update is realesed (maybe?)

It looks like Pacman IRL.

0.5.3 milestone disappeared and it isn’t released yet. How come?

3 Likes

It’s now closed Milestones - Revolutionary-Games/Thrive · GitHub because I already made the release builds and uploaded them to Github. The release draft on Github is now just waiting to be published.

Would the player be able to start as life created by a higher empire on a synthetic word? The reason I ask is because I think might be interesting.

Shouldn’t this be asked in the quick question tread? (btw I think that would be like an easy mode, because the higher civilization would provide you with everything you need)

1 Like

Well, not necessarily. If I were making artificial life I’d stop helping it along the second I was sure it was stable. After that I might give it an easy habitat, but that would be boring. More likely I’d give them incentives to go to harder areas and changing environments to stimulate evolution. Then again this is already what happens in thrive, there are more compounds in the vents but light in the uper areas.

2 Likes

Livestream VOD is now up, in case you missed the stream.

7 Likes

I missed it, now I’m sad, so sad that I’m going to dig an hole and put a tree in it

1 Like