THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

The group name is “Leader”. If you can view this page you can see it: https://community.revolutionarygamesstudio.com/admin/users/list/leader

1 Like

It says the page is private. Oh well.

1 Like

There is a public version of the group member list: https://community.revolutionarygamesstudio.com/g/trust_level_4
But it doesn’t say it is the “Leader” group.
Our custom theme makes it a bit difficult to see, but all the groups and their members are visible: https://community.revolutionarygamesstudio.com/g

1 Like

(Its for a good cause.)

4 Likes

What the :belgium::belgium:!

1 Like

i am having an argument with my mother is cold boiling boiling water or jostling

• boiling
  • jostling

0 voters

I want to know who the :belgium: Is jostling water, turn on your location I just want to talk

cold boiling is when you remove the pressure around water causing it to boil away

The boiling point is just the amount of heat required to overcome gravity and the atmosphere, so less dense atmosphere, easier boiling, and vice versa.

Edit: Apparently gravity is not a factor, so disregard that part.

1 Like

…no. The boiling point is the point where the kinetic energy stored in a specific material is enough for it to enter a gaseous state. It has nothing to do with gravity, except for how higher gravity -> denser atmosphere -> higher boiling point.

2 Likes

my mom wants me to put this in here

cambridge dictionary definition of boiling: very hot. Cold “boiled” water never gets hot and therefore never BOILS. It jostles.

A watched pot never boils and neither does a cold one.

“boilingadjective [ not gradable ]

US /ˈbɔɪ·lɪŋ/

(of a liquid) heated to the point when it starts to turn into a gas:

a pot of boiling water

• Cambridge dictionary

The water has reached the heat needed to start turning into a gas. Therefore, it is boiling. It’s just that the amount of heat needed has become less than usual.

1 Like

whats the chance that humans descover alien life before this game is finished.

Very high considering the sheer amount of time the game will take to make.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to stop my bones from popping at FrEaKing one in the morning while I’m sneaking around looking for corn flakes? I’m really not in the mood for lubricating my bones today so if there’s any other suggestions I’d be glad to hear them.

1 Like

Maybe before you enter the d a n g e r z o n e , try doing stretches n stuff to get out all the loud snap crackles and pops at 1am

I feel like the quality of my posts has been plummeting down the infinite abyss of the internet recently, but what do you guys think?

Does anyone else think we need to reflex game and more mind games for esports. Almost every competitive game is relies on fast reflexes to go pro, even strategy games (rts and moba alike). I want more grand scale rts’s to enter the esports scene.

I really hope that supreme commander could become an esports title. It doesn’t need fast reflexes (at least I think so) and instead is purer strategy. I’ve been watching this one supreme commander caster on youtube for the past few years. They just posted a new video:

The only real way to play ‘without reflexes’ is with turn-based games. Even RTSes (like supreme commander, I haven’t watched the entire video, yet I don’t see what’s different from something like Starcraft in that regard) require reflexes. For example, your can attack someone from a certain angle, and then mid-attack attack somewhere else too. The ‘victim’ would then need to respond fast enough where they can gauge your second attacking force, and then attack with an appropriate force. Also, you’ll need to control your troops in such a way that they’ll attack the best current target, which requires some ridiculously fast thinking. (See: Starcraft pros)

The only esports games I know which don’t require reflexes are, as I said before, turn-based games, of which the only game I know which is near esports level of popularity is Hearthstone. I’d like to see an XCOM sequel with proper multiplayer that isn’t unplayably buggy.

1 Like