The Sandbox Social's video on Thrive and some inspiring comments

This video has been around for almost two months now, and it’s accrued a significant amount of both views and comments. Said comments are a mixed bag, but one thread in particular stood out to me as an example of how we can convince people the project can succeed.

Several comments by other people later…

8 Likes

Another thing people should check out is a fellow named “kinesis”’s YouTube channel

1 Like

There have been coding livestreams, the last one was only a couple days ago

That doesn’t happen in Thrive though, the devs communicate via Slack and the dev forums

Wonder if that guy joined the community

Honestly that vid is how I found out about this game. I guess we (spore fans) all want to see what the game could have been. Also, I wonder if Will Wright knows about Thrive? Cuz he thought of and worked on/created Spore. I wonder if he’d be interested n seeing what y’all are doing/are gunna do with the similar concept.

I wonder if once ea heard of thrive they will make spore 2 and say thrive is a rip off

1 Like

EA cant compete with free. They eat, breath, and poop dollar signs $. Yea they can claim Thrive is a rip off but then EA would have to deliver more content and creative possibilities and gameplay than Thrive to show it up. And honestly hat just benefits us (the players/fans) in the long run. But changes are, EA would also tag on a buttload of paid DLC that will turn players off. Who wants to pay 100s of dollars for a complete game? I say as I loyally buy every expansion pack for the Sims franchise

And thrive is free

But what if thrive is very popular