Thermo-Plast release estimate?

When do you think we will get the first dev build with thermo-plast ready?
I’ve been looking forward to it for a while.
Not to rush the devs, just to get a estimate.

1 Like

Probably somewhere in the middle of June

2 Likes

it’s almost the end of June lol. how’s the progress?

Probably NOT GOOD, assuming that they are like 2 weeks off scedule

1 Like

Damit, eh we’ll be waiting. Great game over all tho!

We dont have a model for it currently. Sooooo

1 Like

Wasn’t the model taken care of?

The thing that is holding back the thermoplast is needing to make a fullscreen shader that would show the warm and cold areas (and also a new game options menu but that isn’t difficult just takes an hour or two). Of course also the reason that the person working on the thermoplast has been inactive lately.

1 Like

would´nt a simple temperatur display in the form of a thermometer be good enough? would be faster and simpler than a fullscreen shader right? It would also probally be better for performance.
also has there been discusion yet on how the temperaturs would change over time due to for example the continents moving as each generation is 100million years apart, or from other events like the shifting off the plantes axis or a super volcano explodes, etc.
Would like to know how that stuffs planned out so if there has been discusion would be nice if you could point me towards it.
Edit-Reply: I can understand the Idea that you need to find heat spots because the area isnt the same temperatur every where but the temperatur in an area should only minimaly shift right? Yeah theres abnormal spots in places but well its all supposed to be the same temperatur and it would start cooling off/heating up to adjust to the temperatur of the water around it anyway so unless theres an underwater volcano there to heat water up constantly, or maybe that an area is blocked by the sun(all this stuff is already covered in the areas section) the water will mostly be the same in that area
I know the game is supposed to be the great game spore was promised to be but you can skip out on small details that should barely affect gameplay till you completed the main game so that theres content. I have been waiting for the multicellular stage since i started playing and ´beat´ the game for the first time, but so far its only been discussed. I think the priorities should me changed up from making the ultimate game with no flaws to making a fun and playable game. The details can come later on when people can actually form theyre own creatures, cultures and space conquering civilizations. EA did it halfway right bc they made the fun game but they then ran out of time to make the details. Spore is still fun without the details, so you could possibly get more notice and funding if you can encourage more people to play the game and support it to make it even better.
Edit: I wrote way to much sorry

1 Like

The idea is that it would be very annoying to try to find the heatspots if you can only see how warm it is where you are currently. That’s why a fullscreen effect is needed showing where the heat is. Similarly to if you could only see compounds directly on top of your cell, you would have much harder time to find the compound clouds.

Edit: please don’t double post, instead edit your post, and or quote multiple people in one post to respond to multiple people.

1 Like

Possibly you would have to evolve a certain thing in order to detect slight variations in heat? And also, maybe cells adapted to for example a cold environment cant really go to a warmer environment without adapting.
(These things are just ideas I thought up in the moment)

2 Likes

This sounds really good. It will keep people from speedruning to the surface so they can use photosynthesis(or am i the only one who does that) or atleast slow them down, but the temperaturs stay mostly the same as there arent many different climates in the areas so this seems more like an irrelevant feature that could come later on in the games life

1 Like

True, this could be a feature in the next stage of the game, though.

1 Like