Thrive as an education resource

I have an official proposal:
There will be two main game modes: Entertainment and Education
Entertainment will have your usual difficulties.
Education though, will have different levels of restriction as some have mentioned that thrive may be R-rated for serious accuracy:

Elementary: Like “Very safe” but I daresay it is dumbed down even more. It is for kindergarten to 2nd grade.

Very safe- essentially equivalent to a G-rating which means no s*x, blood, or anything that would anger schools except for maybe a little violence during territorial behavior. Intended for normal individuals in grades 2-5.

Safe- Equal to a PG-rating. Some very non-explicit mating behavior similar to in Spore, and still no blood nor corpses. However, more realistic explosions will be allowed from the more cartoonish explosions of “Very safe”, but some elements of drug usage will be mentioned through managing laws regarding such in society stage and beyond. Intended for grades 5-7.

Semi-safe- Roughly equal to PG-13. There will be corpses. There may be light blood, but this will be related to biology, and mating will be depicted less simplified compared to “safe”, but there will be no s*x organs and if so they will be very cartoony. Explosions will be totally realistic complete with smoke which “Safe” lacks. In society stage there will be laws for pretty much everything except for a few things here and there that are obviously 18+ and that I can’t say.

High School- Intended for high school. Full out with realistic blood, corpses that rot and may carry disease, optionally all laws can be displayed in society stage, optional semi-realistic mating. The main thing that sets it from normal thrive are just the questions.

College- Like high school but with optional realistic mating noting that most players at this age are no long minors.

1 Like