Thrive Civilization Game (Part 3 Reboot)

I mean Path of the Wild had land life in the past iirc, it just all died out

but did the players themselves ever reach land?

I’m working on something with completely new game systems

3 Likes

yall are making me hyped now
im expecting some revolutionary forum games that completely change how forum games are made

1 Like

I W I L L deliver

3 Likes

seems like you’re making thrive: the forum game

Let’s gooooo! I wanna be involved in more games here, give me ideas lol.

It seems RPG has a slight led In combined poll

1 Like

U ask from my advise to how to create systems.

I am expecting from u to breake the glass roof with that

2 Likes

I’m feeling like I need to add some more variation to mine, I have the summit thing but now it looks like doom will use it (which is completely fair I kinda copied a bunch of stuff from PH anyway lol) and I had the whole council thing, which I was thinking of revamping anyway. Other than that my games pretty average (aside from the sheer variety of pre planned organisms and biomes there will be (500 biomes, 440 possible sapient races that could be discovered per biome, 880 possible animal species per biome, and 1760 possible plant species per biome)).

1 Like

Are we competing now? Because so am I…

I do have a lot to live up to though as im going to try and model it after the Thrive Odyssey

3 Likes

thrive odyssey was lovely
it was a shame that it died

2 Likes

I wasn’t here for thrive odyssey, though I’ve heard of it a couple times. It was the big Civ game before PH rolled around right? I tried to read the threads but there were so many with info on it I kinda just ended up confused and stopped.

yeah… it slowly puttered out and died. In my opinion it was one of the best forum games on the forum, and certainly the best civ game. The game was massive to, and i hope i can recreate its scale.

1 Like

its simple really

you played as a member of an ape troop/tribe that would eventually become humans
originally it was planned that everyone could become their own species iirc
but that didnt happen
so then you’d start playing as a human civ

2 Likes

I was only in the game for the end of that stage. Was it really important? Because i was thinking of going without it.

well
the first part wasnt really important
since everyone was gonna be a human anyway (i think)

wait hold on a sec, im having vague memories of having the option of choosing which human species you can be…

From what I read I think you could choose what kind of ape-hominid you started out as, with some being a little faster but a little weaker, some being a little tougher but a little dumber, etc.

2 Likes

Do you guys like that idea? Also I want to know everyone’s ideas for your games too, they sound like fun.

I’m debating how to format the game. Would you rather play a dnd style campaign with your own creatures, or a evolution/civ game similar to Odessa where you control a key player every generation?

(1 gen would likely last around 5 turns)

2 Likes

both sound hella good
but since immortal is basically the first option
imma go with the latter

It was tossed around that we would get to decide between humans and neanderthals but it was pointless because everyone became humans

2 Likes