Thrive Civilization Game (Part 3 Reboot)

Hey @Skyguy98, can I split up my pop to do my actions at the same time? Also, if one fails does it fail them all?

Yes youre still a minor power

1 Like

Due to the nature of bows and how they appear in almost all upper paleolithic societies, all civs already have access to basic bows. If you want to develop better ones sure but the Baseline already exist if you want to change your vote

1 Like

I see.

i will change my vote a bit to make a proper training (basic military training)

2 Likes

i wouldn’t have to. i would just have to fill a vat with silica fats, some silica proteins, liquid hydrocarbons, and the conditions of the hydrothermal vents and attempt to make life form in it.

and why do you say that.

the definition of cancer is a cell of a multicellular organism that has adopted a unicellular lifestyle but since they all have several million nuclei they would not be able to get cancer due to their bodies throwing away any malignant genetic information that they can read. if they lose any genetic data and they still have all the nutrients and compounds supplied by their circulatory system then they will live. that is how most polynucleates work.

i could excrete it in the form of pellets for later use or give it to other members of my population that need it more.

and we can excrete iron if the level of iron in our blood gets too high.

if any bacteria, prions, or phages are in my species they are probably endosymbiotic. prions can be endosymbiotic by defending their host from a bacteria that uses a specific protein that the prion is a misfolded version of. it is basically the same but slightly different with viruses. and we all know about mitochondria so i don’t need to explain the bacteria one

i never said i would

not stable in water under goldilocks conditions

dodging bullets does not require moving faster than the speed of sound. if you are already moving at 6MPH and someone fires a bullet directly at you then the bullet will miss. that is the only way a human can dodge a bullet but, of course, with self modification and a near superconducting nervous system with the only non near superconducting parts being the cells comes much higher top speeds and much higher acceleration. if the capsilaris draculus can accelerate to 6MPH in the time it takes for a human to notice a bullet they can dodge the bullet. also that is only for modern guns. medieval ones are going to be slower and therefore be easier to dodge.

that is crystalline silicon based based life. for a silicon based tree? yes. it would move that slow, because it’s a plant. plants are sessile. but it could use carbon if needed. it just couldn’t be based off of carbon. also silica based proteins and lipids exist and we humans have made them so they would still be able to be just as fast as carbon based life in a water free atmosphere.
as far as i am aware you are just looking for things to criticize about my civ and i am just doing a quick google search and proving you wrong. also silica has analogues for most protiens that i have checked if they have silica analogues

I would recommend some type of government for further stability

I do not know nearly enough biology to make a reasoned argument on the subject,

You are not the leader of your people, you are what some might call a national sprit or god, you are trying to influence the direction the national community will take. The stronger the community, the more you can influence in various ways, the smaller and weaker the community, the less they are able to accomplish. (hence ‘power’ being how many votes you can reasonably take).

You can technically go over your vote limit. Doing so will have a hefty penalty on top of the lack of institutional knowledge, and the direct nature of the actions.

1 Like

How big does something have to be to be considered a vote?

You did say you would.

You wouldn’t be able to produce them, and they would necessarilly create life.

Ah yes, because there is nothing that attacks your species, at this point you might as well just say they are gods capable of space-time manipulation.

No, silica lifeforms need much higher temperatures than carbon lifeforms in order to be stable, it doesn’t matter the liquid.

You are assuming silica lifeforms will be just the same as carbon lifeforms, which is a dumb assumption.

Silica lifeforms would be so different than carbon ones that you wouldn’t even recognize them as lifeforms at a first glance.

Food production and edible trees is one vote

Innovation is a broad statement, does not have any direct impact on the game beyond something that may come into play later on

Making markers and tree platforms can be considered one vote but likely is two depending on how intricate you want them

Clay belgiuming is entirely different than agriculture or construction. Hence a different vote

Scouting attempts, with priority, is a different vote. Given it’s continuous nature it is not q one and done vote, more of a influence over time like innovation.

Your character does not have any specific knowledge. He is a ‘daniel’, in the same way that a person exists across alternative realities. He has no special knowledge, he is not one person transplanted across dimensions.

Even if he was, it is extremely unlikely that he would have the scientific knowledge to bring a paleolithic community to develop space craft,

Centarian right now: ironic

Passive (everyone)

10-20 people that look for distinct things in the jungle.

10-20 people

Just the leader

10-20 people

300-400 people

Everyone else.

With a combination of people budgeting and lore you didn’t read I hereby become the most overpowered race.

Eh, well his knowledge gets blurrier the closer he gets to space stage, but he understands how to make stone, iron, and industrial tech, the rest is a rough outline. He’s pretty sure that after industrial they’ll get the idea.

He can also recognize different mineral deposits.

“votes” are basically your civ’s capability of people budgeting, since you have 1 vote you are terrible at people budgeting.

I highly doubt that.

I doubt this even more than the previous statement

Also, you realize right that lore means nothing if others refuse to give it validity?

1 Like

What do you mean if I refuse to give it valitidy?

Also, this guy effectively spent most of his life researching science and tech, that includes past science and tech.

And yes, he can recognize iron, copper, and gold mineral deposits. Though, gold is rare so it’s unlikely that they would find it.

1. I’m afraid not, experiments like that have been done countless times with no result. The split conclusions taken away at this point in history is that either that’s not how life forms, or it would simply take hundreds of millions of years before such a chemical reaction even began to remotely resemble a reaction close to a precursor to what eventually becomes life.

2. As I stated before, it’s mechanically non-feasible for a living organism to dodge a bullet fired with an on-target trajectory. The only way you’re “dodging” a bullet is if it never would have hit in the first place.

3a. Cells don’t simply “know” what malignant genetic material is, hence why it even occurs as malignant in any life form in the first place.

3b. “Most polynucleates”, considering there only exist organisms with at most 2 permanent nuclei in the form of Dinoflagellates, where the second is from a symbiotic diatom, I don’t know where you’re getting this information. Organisms that exhibit more than that are generally in the process of growth, and those extra nuclei eventually become separated, or in the process of cellular fusion, where eventually they merge into one nucleus.

1. You would have to adapt that over several generations while experiencing moderately elevated levels to drive the development of a need for such material excretion, and in addition the ability to remove a solid from your circulatory system in order to excrete it at all in the first place. You don’t just magically become immune to solids that have found a way into your bloodstream in the snap of your fingers. The copper toxicity would kill the organism long before it could make such enormous unnatural changes to its physiology and biochemistry.

2. Yes, we as humans can, but if it’s too high, no, we cannot keep up with it. And if it’s a solid piece in our circulatory system, without extensive medication and complicated invasive surgeries, that’s death by either liver toxicity, internal bleeding, or stroke right there. Whichever comes to you fastest.

3. That won’t include all forms of anitgens, there will be countless hundreds that exist and aren’t endosymbiotic to you. Mad Cow Disease isn’t endosymbiotic or beneficial, E. colli isn’t a mitochondria. There will be pathogens out there you can’t just handwave away. That is something you will eventually have to deal with in a game like this if you want your critters to form vast cities or any semblance of a civilization with permanent dwellings.

4. You also hadn’t specified you planned to create a new species in a glorified laboratory pressure cooker either.

5. In earth-like atmospheres either. Also, what do you think a huge chunk of the atmosphere is? Water.

6. You quite literally said what I said. You can’t dodge bullets, only avoid being hit by bullets that wouldn’t have hit you to begin with. But you also just made it clear you have no idea how fluid dynamics influences animal movement, or really how speed works. What your nervous system is made of doesn’t matter at all for movement speed, that only indicates reaction time delay. Self modification also doesn’t stop the same universal laws of physics governing the world from applying to how you move. You still require a musculature to articulate the body, and move your mass. If you are of a humanoid mass, there is no way physically possible for you to move it any faster than a say, a cheetah could run if you were quadrupedal. As a biped, you’re not dodging a bullet. Maybe an arrow if the material of the bow’s limb is soft enough or the arrow has a lot of drag on its design. But even that would require extensive training to learn when to react in order to dodge. I used a MUSKET as one of my examples. A medieval gun (arquebus) doesn’t fire projectiles all that much slower. The only way you’re accelerating to 6 mph in the speed of a human synapse’s reaction time is if physics suddenly didn’t apply to you. Inertia still matters. Your muscles cannot move at near light speed, using human neutral reaction times was a very poor example on your part. Mantis shrimp can move their arms at supersonic speeds, but that doesn’t mean they can run or swim at those speeds, drag and inertia still takes affect in or out of water. A mantis shrimp might be able to bring it’s arm up to touch a bullet fired at it under the perfect conditions, but it wouldn’t be able to haul its body out of the way fast enough to dodge a projectile moving at the speed of any explosively propelled projectile through air. I don’t care if you can move your arms as fast as the shrimp, the bullet would still either lodge itself in your hand, or blow right through and still hit you if it’s trajectory lined up. Fighter jets can fly well over supersonic speeds, and we still equip them with machine guns, which I might add, don’t fire their projectiles any faster than a hand gun. Yet they still manage to hit their targets by leading them. Your evasion of firearms relies entirely on the shooter not having the skill to compensate to hit a moving target, which generally any militarily trained individual given a firearm would have been taught to do.

7. That is not crystalline silicon life, considering crystalline silicon life recently had papers published that debunked its plausibility. Chemical reactions under the temperatures and atmospheric conditions viable for silicon life to survive would be significantly slower, and would also produce significantly less energy than carbon-based chemical reactions, thus the organism would be incredibly slow moving in order to save energy. Humans being able to manufacturethe proteins doesn’t mean organisms made of them would be fast. That’s like saying because I can carve wood I can climb a glass pane.

Have to go to work now. Will elaborate on the bus.

Edit: elaborated.

But you’re not proving me wrong at all with your Google searches. I’m not simply trying to criticize your civ for no reason, I am simply debunking implausible/impossible features because you keep claiming it can just circumvent anything like magic. That’s just not how biology works.

humans have created the conditions of the hydrothermal vents. just not with hydrocarbons that are liquid from 0C-100C as we have not yet discovered a hydrocarbon like that.

if you are infected by a bacterium 99% of your bacteria are still your endosymbiotic bacteria(i am including gut bacteria and microbiome bacteria as endosymbiotic)

silica life forms need the temperatures at which their analogues to the proteins that hold our membranes together are stable. that is likely going to be similar to ours if their structures are “as close to just that molecule with the carbon replaced with silicon” as they can be.

silica based lifeforms would most likely have cells and membranes.

and if they can read and write genes then they will. if they can read genes with their brains then they have a sensory organ that allows them to detect and eliminate malignant genes.

for something that doesn’t process as fast as a computer running windows 10 and have the ability to accelerate unreasonably fast compared to a human

Chaos genus you should read about it. also Slime molds some of them are unicellular for most of their life and only become multiple cells to spread away from unfavorable conditions.

or if they knew it was the copper then they could just use existing genes for excreting waste and modify them to allow excretion of copper.

and with ungodly speed, ungodly acceleration, and computer-like processing speeds why would a bullet be in their circulatory system and not in their stomachs.

yes. i can just handwave them away. it just takes more steps like:
produce endosymbiotic bacteriophages to eliminate the source of any foreign antigens,
produce a lysosome in my blood that only eats a specific protein but eats it very fast,
and find or produce virivores.

well if you knew that it wasn’t possible outside of a pressure cooker then why did you assume i didn’t.

water can be neutralized and gotten rid of. a silica based life form adapted to deal with water in the same room as you would kill you by drying out your lungs simply by lowering the humidity to zero as quickly as possible to minimize damage to it’s body.

the image of some random transparent dude just eating bullets is just hilarious to me and i don’t know why

Because it’s impossible, you wven recognize that subconsciously.

no. even if it’s just buying them and then eating them it is unreasonably funny.

I am not just criticizing you without reason. I am trying to correct wild and implausible or fully impossible claims you are making.