Thrive Civilization Game (Part 3 Reboot)

and i am simply defending my claims with the google search engine and only trusting reliable sources

If the DM doesn’t read your lore, that means it’s non-canon and invalid. I used to play D&D with people that tried this kind of stunt. They then realized what you put on your character sheet is just a suggestion subject to the DM’s storytelling sensibilities.

1 Like

this entire argument hinges on me being a biped. i could be a hexapod that uses all of my limbs for movement and only the front pair for manipulation. so if the entire reason you think i couldn’t dodge a bullet hinges on me being a biped then your argument against me being able to dodge a bullet is as crumbled as an oreo after a trip through the blender

if you didn’t explain it in a way that seemed like you were talking about crystalline silicon life i likely wouldn’t have thought that.

i am not entirely proving you wrong but i am proving a lot of your counters to my points wrong

You arent, you didnt even show what came from these google searches that disproved it.

Also, this feels of “I want to say all, but that would be too unrealistic so let’s use the next biggest number”.

Topic locked. This is taking up a huge portion of the chat and im having trouble finding everyone’s votes

1 Like

there should be a game chat for this

Do you like the stories at the end of my votes?

• Yes I like the stories
  • No

0 voters

If you read that argument in full, you would notice I mentioned mantis shrimps and cheetahs, which most definitely are not bipeds. Someone’s in a hurry to maintain that Bollywood/Hannah-Barbera physics are how things work.

You also haven’t proven a single thing I have said wrong, at all. None of them.

Absolutely, love the lore. I’ll see if there is some way for me to incorporate it

2 Likes

If there is substantial interest’ I will create another discord. I keep deleting the app though lol

I think it is easier to do it on the forum

Any discussion not on topic will receive one warning before being flagged and penalized.

Lore and discussion of game rules is valid.
Attack on characters and decisions is not, as DM i will make decisions regarding what is and is not valid for the purposes if the game

1 Like

i have with a few of the points to prove a point. like you saying that copper sulfide is not able to be processed by carbon based life and then i stated a way it could be metabolized by carbon based life. specifically that it turns into copper oxide and sulfur oxide. if you produce hemocyanin you don’t gotta worry about the copper sulfide and to neutralize the sulfur oxide just add in some sulfur bicarbonate. this already excludes most organisms from being able to use it and only an organism with the ability to synthesize sulfur bicarbonate would be safe from the sulfur dioxide so it is extremely unlikely for that to happen and the resistance would most likely be a side effect of a more important metabolic pathway and there are not that many (that i know of) metabolic pathways that produce large amounts of sulfur bicarbonate to use either of the elements in it

sounds neat
and because i forgot to specify, every member of my species is an octopod that uses the front and back limbs for movement and uses the middle libs based on their current traits with no added traits being for manipulation

I don’t have a discord…

I will consider alternatives. I’m not a big fan of discord, any ideas lmk

1 Like

You could just do a group pm on the forums

I didn’t know that was a thing lol

3 Likes

Either that or just create a OC thread like the thrive odyssey or you could do a group PM like… the thrive odyssey.

Hi when is the next round?

I’m currently working on the RPG game, hoping to get that one out today and this one out by friday

5 Likes