Thrive Odyssey Research and Enrichment Center

There is no clear evidence, but some clues indicate that it could be possible. Since that we don’t know which one is the common ancestor, I have to assume it is this one for now. For the sake of future games.
1 Like

that doesnt make sense

some clues arent enough
and ourano isnt even in africa

1 Like

Which one would be more likely?

2 Likes

between naka and ourano?
other than those two this could be one:

1 Like

So, I know that I’m deviating a little from the main subject here, but I just want to add that I think the reason everyone is so technologically advanced very early on is because I’m using the wrong system to determine the number of rolls. Villages are too easy to make, so one can start raking in 10 global actions near round 50, making jobs obsolete and colonising Mars in the 15th century.

What would be a better global action assigning system?

1 Like

I think the process of getting global action should evolve as the game goes on
maybe it can be milestone based

so getting global action 2 would be getting a 2nd vilage

getting global action 3 would be getting iron tools

something like that

3 Likes

maybe something more like global actions for happiness, crime, economy, etcetera

how about this:
multiple important stuff give you global actions, like maxing out happiness and crime
getting important tech like iron, bronze, and physics
and building landmarks
but not from villages

1 Like
Well, if things go too far, we can still stop the game, research and improve future games in this thread, and then restart the game in the main thread.
2 Likes

*double post

Hypothetical family tree (base)

• Nakalipithecus nakayamai (Common Ancestor, 9.9–9.8 mya)
    • Chororapithecus abyssinicus (Gorilla Ancestor, 8 mya)
    • Sahelanthropus tchadensis (Chimp–Human Ancestor, 7–6 mya. West-Central Africa {Chad})
      • Orrorin tugenensis (Last Chimp–Human Ancestor, 6.2–5.8 mya, Eastern Africa {Tugen Hills, central Kenya})
        • Pan incognito (Chimp Ancestor, Unknown date)
        • Australopithecus anamensis (Human ancestor, 4.2–3.8 mya, Eastern Africa {Lake Turkana, Kenya and Middle Awash, Ethiopia})
          • Australopithecus afarensis (Human ancestor, 3.9–2.9 mya, Eastern Africa {Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania})
            • Homo habilis (Human ancestor, 2.4–1.4 mya, Eastern & Southern Africa)
              • Homo rudolfensis (Human ancestor, 1.9–1.8 mya, Eastern Africa {northern Kenya, possibly northern Tanzania and Malawi})
              • Homo erectus (Human ancestor, 1.89mya–110kya, [Northern, Eastern and Southern] Africa, Western Asia {Dmanisi, Republic of Georgia}, Eastern Asia {China and Indonesia})
                • Homo heidelbergensis (Last Common Human Ancestor, 700–200 kya, [Eastern, Southern] Africa, Europe, Asia {China})
                  • Homo neanderthalensis (400–40 kya, Europe and Southwestern to Central Asia)
                  • Homo sapiens (300 kya–Today, Evolved in Africa, now worldwide)

Don’t know where to place

Homo floresiensis

2 Likes

Just so you know, half of your post disappears

That’s just because of the format on mobile, it’s fine on desktop.

Time to get a PC, right Oofer? hehe

So my idea on how this work:

Traits are like a archetype+ in that they are like a archetype but they have more impact.

So like while a archetype may improve a diceroll, a trait can allow you to do something others can’t

Traits should be permanent and can’t change in the civ stage (except with a few thing like gene editing).

When we evolve we each get a different trait associated with our actions during that time and move to the next species

When we move on to a different stage our trait morph to fit that stage like our archetypes did

I do think there should be negative traits

you should also be able to have multiple traits

I feel like this stage should be short and fast

like 10-15 turns max

and the progression should be quick

2 Likes

Like my leader ability to give a free action in the first stage?

Yeah something like that but it should be substantial to differentiate it from the archetypes

Yeah, I felt the first stage was a good set up for the civ stage, it wouldn’t have been fun to drag it out.

Also, @blackjacksike I do have a computer, I am just on my phone more often

propaganda time
Don’t forget kids! PC is superior!

Something else that can be done to slow us down a little is to make the people demand stuffs. You can’t colonize Mars in the 15th century if your people are demanding you to build toilets everywhere:D

3 Likes
I think that the lack of accuracy in our “simulation” is due to the lack of rules. I also think that future games would be more accurate if they would rely on facts, equations, etc. For instance, we could use the population ecology notions for the first part of the first chapter.
I almost forgot to mention that the following equation is to calculate a population size of a next generation.
N_{t+1} = N_t + B_t + I_t - D_t - E_t
Term Definition
N_{t+1} Population size after generation t.
N_t Population size during generation t.
B_t Sum (\Sigma) of births between generations t and t+1 (raw birth rate).
I_t Sum (\Sigma) of immigrants between generations t and t+1 (raw immigration rate).
D_t Sum (\Sigma) of deaths between generations t and t+1 (raw death rate).
E_t Sum (\Sigma) of emigrants between generations t and t+1 (raw emigration rate).
The bonus/malus of players would be applied to their respective equations.
2 Likes