Thrive System Requirements Testing

As you may know, we don’t know what kind of hardware is needed to run the game. At least not in detail. GLES 3 capable graphics card is recommended, with a fast enough CPU. But even GLES 2 intel integrated graphics seem to usually work. For the Steam release we need to provide some kind of system requirements. Us developers don’t have much hardware to test with so I thought I’d ask help from you, the community.

So how this works is that you download a save, press F3 to show the FPS counter, then sit and wait for 10-15 seconds to see what’s like the lowest FPS number (ignore the first second or so as loading a save freezes the game for a little bit) and around where it hovers. For me with the save linked below I got 329 min FPS with a bit over 330 being the value the FPS stayed around after a little bit of waiting. The FPS varies quite a bit between runs, so when I did that again I got like a low of 289 FPS but the FPS did stay around 320 mostly. I think that’s due to the random spawning happening in the game. And then post those numbers along with what GPU and CPU as well as how much RAM you have and also mention your screen resolution you played the game at. I think we’ll be able to come up with some ballpark specs for min and recommended specs for Thrive with those.

I don’t really have a good save to test with, but here’s at least one a little bit into the game: https://dev.revolutionarygamesstudio.com/api/v1/download/23909
Feel free to volunteer one of your saves for testing.

2 Likes

so do you want me to try to buy a monitor and use a toaster-oven as a pc or…

Just use whatever you use to play Thrive.

thrive works completely fine for me, I have 16 GB of ram.

That’s the least useful piece of info about your system… what’s your CPU and GPU?

My cpu is base 2.1GHz, My Graphics card is a AMD Readon TM vega 6 graphics card.
I hope this helps : )
Edit:
AMD Ryzen 3 3300U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx is what cpu I have

Edit 2: From this information we can confirm that thrive doesn’t need as much as this. (I think)

CPU: Intel Celeron N3450 (4) @ 2.200GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 500
RAM: 3.7 GiB
Screen resolution: 1366x768
FPS: 11–15, after two editor sessions without adding anything 10–11

1 Like

Going to release my information later today…

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 at 2133 MHz (I think?)
MBD: ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming
Resolution: 2560 \times 1440

FPS incoming…

Crap, how do I enable FPS?

Everyone on the forums

Highest: 144 FPS
Lowest: 100 FPS (only during loading times)

1 Like

Yes (apparently I can’t reply with just two quotes)

A post was merged into an existing topic: THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn’t Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread