Thrive Talk: Alien Invasions

Overall, I think these are great ideas, @Doggit .

I believe that the premise of alien invasions are a relatively new concept in Thrive, yet a an interesting one to explore.

Thank you. I tried to be more “realistic” as possible.
We need to see if its possible adapt these ideas in a game like Thrive.

Absolutely.

Though many ideas have been adapted into the games concepts, alien invasions have been explored for a long time. Including how you would invade other planets, especcially forcing primitive creatures into a form of biomechanical slavery.

So they have already decided whether to introduce the hypothesis of an alien invasion even if we play as a defending race?

Quite possibly.

@blackjacksike and I had discussed it in the beginning of this thread, about your species leading resistance movements against the hostiles.

Rebellions would use tactics such as guerilla warfare and infiltration.

Also, it could be possible to have a scenario like XCOM. For instance, each victory against aliens would push the player to start research on them, which would upgrade human technology.

EDIT : necro! lol

46 posts were split to a new topic: XCOM, since there very clearly needs to be a thread for that

Half a year necro for that, nice. Anyway I feel like I have a solution to drop pods exploding when entering the atmosphere. As far as I know that reason for the fireball is that the heat generated creates plasma in the air so if you had a shield around the drop pod it would survive yes? You would only need a battery for one drops for of energy and the required amount of plasma to slip into the field and you have a shield that absorbs all the plasma. Now all you need to the fuel required to slow the decent towards the end so your troops don’t die of g’s upon sudden halting from Belgium knows what speed.

How about to do alien invasions as easter egg for new players, I don’t want new players to know about it. I want them to burn,when their civilization dying out.
Yes, I’m Troll :japanese_ogre:

Dark souls as an evolution game?

1 Like

chance of alien invasions will be very small and it won’t be in the first game. I’m not bad troll

I don’t know if there’s already a thread about this so here goes. I realize that it has been said that alien encounters before the space stage would be unfair, therefore unlikely. HOWEVER I propose the unoriginal idea of some sort of benevolent or godlike entity or entities. This is what could spawn some kind of religion on the planet, worshiping the newcomers. If these entities ever do decide to leave eventually they will fall into the realm of legend or myth. Obviously this has some real world parallels (minus any god on earth having five eyes). I realize that some people might see this as an attack on their religion which is definitely NOT what I’m doing (Im deeply sorry if that’s what you think I’m doing), Thrive is simply a highly scientific game therefore even the most wild and wonderful things should be treated with the same science. There’s nothing else to really say so I’m gonna leave this here.

scientists have many theories about the gods-aliens, but will you leave safe your possible future enemies. I think no.

1 Like

This is some good stuff, you should watch all of them.

2 Likes