Underwater Civilizations Take 2

I wouldn’t call making bronze simple, which is the metal I was always talking about (copper actually since tin has a lower melting point). I don’t know how civilizations develop I don’t know ancient human history well. I just answered the common excuse given that underwater civilizations can’t work metal. I just proved they could now it’s someone else’s turn to figure out the rest, or give another specific issue for me to answer for underwater civilizations becoming advanced.

Please list the next thing for me to solve.

How will they get the heat? I didn’t see any safe way for them to melt in the link that @hhyyrylainen posted they will go to a volcano to smelt and to hydrothermal vents can u imagine why we don’t do that. :thinking:

Earlier I said they were crustaceans with silicon shells. Also crucibles in the forge can concentrate heat even more without it radiating and making the rooms heat go over the accepted limit for the shell.

I’m done moderating this thread with just the same points popping up each day (about the dangers of the creatures melting themselves).

So I’m going to lock this and a new underwater thread will only be allowed if someone writes a bachelor’s thesis level work explaining how can a fully aquatic civilization acquire advanced technology (without aliens or other type of help) in order to advance to the space stage. Then we can discuss if the points in it are scientifically valid.

8 Likes