Unofficial Thrive Forum Game Competition 2

Bottom of the sea (post filler)

Actually it doesn’t have it. On round 9 you got a “3”, so you didn’t get the mutation

Yet you said that I had all the necesaary mutation to go to the surface

This is a mistake of mine. I am sorry. I already corrected it on the sheet

You will need endoplasmatic reticulum first because this is just like a toxin so you don’t have an advantage over the other players (basically skipping mutations).
I did a little research on electric eels since this seems like your reference and decided to make a guide about it. What has a :white_check_mark: you already have.
You have an electrocyte like organele that produces energy and liberates it (you liberate when harmed) (1 vote) :white_check_mark:
This generates an eletric field that can be used to sense when someone enters it (1 vote).
It can be used to cause paralyse (at least 1 vote + having endoplasmatic reticulum). This is what you voted for
You need to be resistant towards it if you want higher levels (at least 1 vote). This works as a toxin, the rulebook has more details.
It can be used to kill (1 vote + being multicellular + paralyse upgrade + eletro resistance).
Multiple of the species can use together for taking larger/more resistance prey (1 vote+developed enough social behaviour).
It can be used to give a signal by having a eletro receptor (1 vote) :white_check_mark:
It can be used to send multiple signals (1 vote per signal+having some type of brain/nervous system developed enough)
If you have good enough sensing to movement you can send small schockwaves. If it hits someone, it will do a little movement and you can sense it! (1 vote+having a high level to movement sense)

I did this list for fun. You can create your own ideas

this:

if it in total, or just info

1 Like

No second vote, just info. This was my explanation of why the effects would be the same as having thermoplasts. If you got to control 2 species in one creature it would be op.

1 Like

Can I get a third species?

1 Like

Yes. Will it be Aurum, a new species or a branch off someone?
Edit: I just ask you don’t do a new producer. There are so many right now a new one wouldn’t survive.

Vacuola > Trilumis

Vote: Their bodies grow in a way that creates a translucid film on the water surface, forcing photosynthetizers below them to adapt to another spectrum of light

VGT: quadra-gamete reproduction (they have 4 gametes they use to reproduce, each gamete needs to fuse with atleast 1 of the other 4, the order in which they fuse doesn’t matter, each individual creates each one of the 4 gametes)

Ciliate > Sofface

Vote: low pressure resistance

VGT: tube used for digestion derivated from a fold in the bouyancy bladder, it has 3 openings: 2 mouths and 1 anus at the opposite end of the mouths

Ciliate branch-off: Thermastalis

Vote: high temperature resistance

VGT: specialized cells for reproduction (convergent of Sofface’s)

1 Like

You can have a hole used for digestion like a jellyfish (food enters and go out from it). More than this would require more upgrades into the “digestion skill tree”

It doesn’t have digestion, it’s just a tube where it makes food enter so that it doesn’t escape, the anus is for non–organic particles

So it is a hole for “grappling”?

no, it’s a hole for storing

Sticky threads —> change that to getting a Golgi apparatus

I’ll probably go with the stun blast eventually

I would argue that a endoplasmic reticulum wouldn’t be necessary. I obviously already generate electricity to send out electrical pings. My vote was to simply make a contact current where it danced on the surface of my cell. Not as good as venom or other toxins because I don’t shoot it

Ok… Because it doesn’t have digestion I can make something like:
A big entrance hole for things to enter.
A smaller hole small particles (like sand) go out.
What do you think?

wait no, change it to it being a hole for digestion in which food goes throught it and then exists the other side like you said

also @Pac_Mine I want to have 2 openings, not 1

@Pac_Mine what are requirements for producer to go to surface?

@TwilightWings21 I disagree, in fact I should probably have asked you to have golgi first to send eletric signals…
Your idea would be like a poison (wich requires ER too).
The capacity of shooting the toxin/venom requires golgi if you want to secret it or other ways to give to people.
I prefer to work this using the toxin rules to balance it.
So if you want to use it as defense or attack, you need to follow the toxins rules, have ER to “eletric dance” and some organele (like golgi) to “eletric burst”. If you want to use it for other things you don’t need.

@fralegend015 If you get digestion it is just one hole. In real life, evolution took millions of years to have an exit only hole.
Ok, it can be two holes, like some sponjes that have multiple. But it won’t necessaraly be an advantage over having just one.