Unusual technologies

That depends massively on your sustaining loop efficiency.

just use fusion or black holes
edit i am anti-dyson sphere, its dumb, make a dyson swarm. you still get everything, plus aimable Nicoll-Dyson beams and Shakadov thrusters.

or nuclear. Fusion + nuclear + space solar power. Pretty much the future here.
IF we dont get fusion working then its gonna be nuclear + space solar power.

Dyson spheres can be used to generate solar power, they can be used as artificial planets, and we can move entire stars. Now tell me their not useful.

Dyson swarms are better cause they actually get to use the power (as opposed to using all of it for a tive support), and take less than a murcury’s worth of mass for more living space.

1 Like

I still find Stellar engines to be really cool, I posted about it a while back

Did you mean stellar engines, rather than Stellaris (the game)?

Yeah, my autocorrect is horrible on my phone
-_-

Soooo i dont see this said anywhere here but one super advanced branch of theoretical techs is metric engineering, like manipulating space-time itself.
For example the warp bubbles from warp drive.
Those warp bubbles can be larger on the inside than on the outside by enclosing more space in it. This can make spacecrafts almost imposssible to detect and would make a terrific weapon.

3 Likes

one thing i thought of (it may be a stupid thought ngl, and ive done no prior research, i just want to write it down here so i dont forget) is what if a civilization used solar wind in order to generate mass amounts of electricity? I heard solar wind is made up of electrically charged particles going at millions of miles an hour soo…

A black hole bomb. A device that explodes the normal way and then creates a black hole.

Before I explain how it works, lets talk about dark matter. Unlike baryonic matter, it doesn’t interact with itself, if it comes across another dark matter particle, it just passes through it. Thats why while galaxies and solar systems collapse into a disc shape spinning in one direction because all the matter going in another direction would collide with the disc and start moving in the same direction (the direction was determined by which direction and which plane had the most matter going that way at the start, even if thats a slight majority), the region with more dark matter is spherical around those solar systems and galaxys, like an oort cloud all the way to the center.

How this bomb works is that its shape doesn’t matter, it looks like a random object. You create it and place inside the space station you want to damage which is in a solar system or another gravity well. It has the ability to interact with dark matter. So suddenly all these dark matter particles, roughly equal from each direction start hitting that object. The object heats and releases photons. It is an explosion but no way to stop the detonation, as if the energy for it is being created out of nothing. If the space station survives this (and starts using it as a power source), they would slowly start to measure the gravity being increased. As dark matter particles start to accumilate around the object, their gravity start to pull other dark matter particles (and there is no outward push like in stars, dark matter particles either orbit the object or bounce on it, getting closer to it) (which is 5 times the baryonic mass in that solar system) and after a point it collapses into a black hole.

How would some species obtain dark matter and transport it before it creates black hole?

Teknologi

Dark matter may not exist, we just got the gravity equation wrong. Gravity has something to do with gluon attraction though, so maybe you can incorporate that?

Make a box out of the material that interacts with dark matter, fill it with dense dark matter and escape from there in hyperspace

Then a black hole bomb can’t be made the way I presented it.

Well your bomb wouldve worked by accretion and usually accretion takes millions of years to make one planet let alone a black hole…sooooo.

1 Like

Imma be honest this kind of stuff is beyond our imagination with how it works and is sci Fi, so theorizing how it will exactly work is beyond us, let alone how they’ll produce it

I personally would like to see the space stage “extend” known laws of physics as little as possible. FTL (and the ascension gate) is about the only really fictitious technology I think we really need to make an interesting stage. So all other technologies that seem to be against known physics would be optional to be put into the game in my opinion.

2 Likes

There would be an unrealistic technology switch before the game starts or something, and if not, then there will just be mods.

What about a reversal gate, when an object passes through it, one of these happens:

1. It becomes antimatter
  2. It becomes negative mass (instantly explodes)
  3. It becomes its mirror image
  4. Time reverses inside it (like the reverse all velocities button in universe sandbox)

Here is an unrelated idea. What about a weapon to turn a star into a black hole from afar?

Problem: How to make a black hole
Solution: Build a particle accelerator and collide particles to create micro black holes
Problem: How to send the black hole
Solution: Put the particle accelerator in space. The particles collide at an angle (like a letter Y) and exit the machine, the space is already a vacuum so no problem at having an open exit
Problem: The black holes decay at an instant
Solution: But they move at relativistic speeds so that lasts longer. Also place matter on the trajectory of the black hole so it grows as it goes
Problem: Even if the black holes reach the target star, there is no stopping mechanism, it would go right through the star and keep moving even after that
Solution: Send not one, but three black holes orbiting each other. The orbit is not stable,[1] so eventually one of the black holes will be ejected and two will keep orbiting each other. Send them so that the ejected black hole will be ejected back to the senders direction and stay stationary with respect to the star, consuming it.
Question: The implications for the fermi paradox
Answer: When the arecibo message reaches its destination 25.000 years in the future, the aliens there will send us black holes to turn our star and planets into black holes so that we wouldn’t have resources to resist their invasion fleet.
Problem: But this is an overpowered weapon. What if two aliens have a war and every star in the galaxy gets turned into a black hole?
Solution: There is no solution
Question: The requirements for building this weapon
Answer: Building a particle accelerator in space, aiming at a star and not missing it, solving the three body problem to send the black holes in the correct orbit around each other
Question: How much does any of this makes sense
Answer: I have no idea. You, dear reader, should give the feedback

1. there is no easy solution to the three body problem ↩︎

2 Likes