Viewing Other Species

Hi all,

I am new to Thrive and found one thing a little weird during my playthroughs. There is no way of viewing the other species in detail. I believe it would be an EXCELLENT change to make this possible, especially for new players like myself to get ideas about how to structure a successful cell and to learn the way that different species can take over different niches.

It seems like it would be possible to have a ‘view species’ option on the auto-evo results page where it brings it up in a similar way to how you view your own cell in the cell editor

Thanks for listening

4 Likes

That definitely is a feature to be planned, and is one of the reasons a freeze frame feature has been implemented already in the upcoming patch. It would especially be useful once more depth is added to the existing mechanics of Thrive, such as immunology and digestive enzymes. The only thing really is deciding the best GUI for the feature, deciding what amount of info to reveal and what amount of info we make the player have to learn, and obviously, coding in the thing. But rest assured, everyone would love that feature, and so it is really really like to show up eventually.

4 Likes

Here’s the feature about showing images of other species somehow in the auto-evo report:

1 Like

Awesome, glad to hear it!

Perhaps the other species should only be viewable if they’ve been encountered in game. If the player has not encountered a certain species it could simply be shown as ‘unknown’. This could encourage exploration from the players, perhaps even between patches.

1 Like

It should be adjustable in the settings.

1 Like