Weird noise

When i play the game i hear this weird electrical (ticking ,sparking) noise. I hear this noise especially when the music is playing. This makes the game pretty unplayable because this noise is very noticeable and loud. I dont have this problem with other games, so this is probably not my headset. Maybe someone can help me with this. btw tried reinstalling game, does’nt work.

You could play the game without noise, or it could be the headset because I don’t have this problem. It could be the way it’s programmed or something, there might be a bug when playing to a headset.

1 Like

Thanks ill try it out.

Seeing as this is the first time we have heard of this problem, I would have to say that this problem has something to do with your computer. What type of pc do you have?

2 Likes

If the sound you’re describing is what I think it is, I’ve had this problem before with other games. For me it was caused by electrical interference from the graphics card. While I could have added an isolator wire to the PC’s internal’s, the interference only affected the front headphone jack so I’ve been plugging mine into the rear port ever since and it’s been fine.

Obviously this is a special case of your problem. For all I know your headrest is wireless or you don’t have a dedicated graphics card.

Either way, I recommend testing with other high graphical intensity games (for reference, the sound was most prominent for me in KSP and Cities: Skylines). If there’s no problem with games like these then it’s Thrive and we’ll have to look into it.

Please post your PC’s specs.

1 Like

i7 6700
Gtx 1060 (evga)
32gb ram
GA-Z170XP-SLI

i dont have a wireless headset

And i have tried Civ6 Hearts of iron 4 and rainbow six siege. And all worked fine.

If you look in your (path to it is here: https://github.com/Revolutionary-Games/Thrive-Launcher/issues/19) ThriveLog.txt you should see which audio device is used:

[INFO] Detected audio devices: 
[INFO] > Sisäinen äänentoisto Analoginen tilaääni 5.1
[INFO] > Scarlett 2i2 USB Analoginen stereo
[INFO] End of devices
[INFO] SoundDevice: Initializing sound with device: Sisäinen äänentoisto Analoginen tilaääni 5.1

You can edit EngineConf.conf to set the AudioDevice to be other than the default.

Thanks but…
I did what you said but still, i am hearing the same noise.

I am also experiencing this buzzing sound.
It seems to be caused by the music only.
(when music is silent, game sounds don’t cause this)

No other game does this.

Could you test to see if this is still the case with 0.4.2, which will be released today?

I got the same problem, electric fluddering noise. Haven’t found any way fix this when I googled or searched here. I tried different graphics settings and inputs, nothing change, same electrical noise. I got 0.5.6.1. Vodouch mentioned shutting of music, and I got the same results as that user

So you hear glitched sound constantly? Does it help if you mute the master / music + ambience volumes in the options menu?

We are using entirely different engine with a different sound system in all releases after 0.5.0, so it’s unlikely to be an issue caused by the same thing.

If this is what I think this is, it could be sound overflow (idk what the true term is) but it’s when one noise is playing multiple times at once and the speakers are more likely to bug out. As well as this, the binding noise is really loud so when you have 25 cells all playing the same sound this happens.

Well that’s Godot engine’s thing to handle, they promise hundreds of audio players can exist at once, and their sound bus system does mixing. I’m still convinced that this is a bug, and for me personally after the first few Godot engine updates we did, I have not heard this for like a year at this point (in the earliest Godot versions of Thrive I would also occasionally hear the sound glitch). 4.0 promises that they have fully solved the sound glitching by reworking their audio player system internally.