What do you think about this new forum?

Yeah I agree that the title doesn’t mean a lot, but I feel like it does add “status”, especially to new people.
For example, if someone were to tell someone new that they shouldn’t double-post or something, they might think something like “Why is this multicellular trying to lecture me, it’s not like he’s been here that much longer than I have” even though it might be one of the vets

Yeah I could agree. With time though people will start to see how important they are, maybe give them a little icon or a image frame to distinct them from others, like a achievement.

Or if you visit their profile you can see when they registered and on how many days they have visited this place.

yeah, but I’m pretty sure not alot of people would check out of pure lazyness :neutral_face:

I think the font is too big, sometimes i’m trying to read a big paragraph and it’s a little hard because the letters are too big and it’s difficult too look at

I find this bigger font (16.5pt vs 12pt on the old forums) and bigger row spacing to be more readable and pleasant to look at.
Have you tried using ctrl± to zoom out using your browser?

is it possible to add different themes like the old forum.

Yes but we haven’t set them up yet. Does anyone have any suggestions?

the original theme from the old forum

I’ve widened the posts a bit. How does it look?

w i d e
It looks somewhat better, like the text now has a bit more breathing room than it did before.

You mean canadaboards as the original theme? :wink:

We could add a couple themes based on the themes of the medium-old forums (space, the one we have now and another one which I forgot)

1 Like

We could have a “nature” theme which uses greens and light blues and more “natural/earthy” colors

1 Like

I’m quite happy about the new

Summary tags

hahah

They are very sleek and make the end of my game rounds look very nice.

To solve the problem of showing veteran status easily and publicly on the forum, I have one idea that would actually solve it but be a pain to set up and another idea that wouldn’t solve this specific problem and might break the forums depending on the code.

First Idea

My first idea is to add another set of titles for the date of whenever people join. The way to do that would be to have a bot automatically make and assign new titles that basically are exact the date the user joined. For all the current pre-existing users, however someone probably has to manually come in and give every user a tag which will represent the exact date they joined. A little add-on to that (but can be separated from that idea) would be to have someone manually make a title for anyone who came here and was a user on the previous forum - it would give some recognition to some of the veterans. Another optional add-on would be giving veterans of the old forums unique titles based on when they joined the old forum - titles such as, “Joined Summer 2016”, or if the people working on the forums really want lots of work, give them the exact dates. All this, however, may not work due to the insane amount of titles needed to be created, and the fact that discourse might not support adding new titles working on a different system than the automatic promotion/manual promotion.

Second Idea

My second idea won’t solve the problem of visibly being able to see a veteran who doesn’t post much - instead, my idea is to try to change the “Date Joined” in the profile manually for anyone coming from the old forum - those people will have the date joined changed in their profile to match the one from the old thrive forums. Of course, this definitely could break the forum’s code, as it probably isn’t built to deal with times/dates occurring before it was created. All this would do is either break the forum, or tell users that look at profiles the date they actually joined Thrive.

Yeah sure, but does Everyone want this ? I mean if the user had joined only a few weeks/months before the “end” of the old forum but they were really active, would they be considered veterans ?

I don’t think either of those things are really possible to be honest. It’s not a big deal anyway - people can just state in their profile that they’re from the old forum if they feel the need to.

1 Like

I have an answer for this topic. Let’s revive this thread, shall we?

In the future game section, there are nearly every stages. Though, it’s lacking the Ascension stage one. Will it be added in the future? Thanks and have fun! (gabeN)

You have angered the crab

In all seriousness though, the reason that there isn’t an ascension category is because that is usually considered a sub stage of the space era. Also, the ascension stage is so unbelievably far away that at this point there is no real point in talking about it. If you do want to create a thread about it however, I think the space category should suffice.

4 Likes