What is Protoplasm?

If we want players to switch to AI species more smoothly, perhaps what players and AI can do should be as consistent as possible. Players and AI should not have their own privileges in designing results, players should only have autonomous purposes compared to AI.

1 Like

Which version of the game has fossils with no errors in the process and active protoplasm that can come from mutation?

1 Like

I can’t remember when protoplasm was added originally, but it has been in every release since then, including the latest 0.6.7.1

Edit: ah, I just remembered that it was removed. I dug up the commit:

So if I read the tags right, 0.6.4 should still have protoplasm enabled. So 0.6.4.1. and older.

1 Like

But how to use this file no protoplasm on game?

I think protoplasm was just cytoplasm for auto evo.

2 Likes

It was also apparently buffed in comparison with regular cytoplasm.

1 Like

This is the answer. Protoplasm is an organelle that the player cannot place in the editor, but in the past auto-evo was able to add it when randomly mutating AI species.

2 Likes

I know, but, can you give an organism file with multiple protoplasm? The game crashes when I this, petrify the view in the early version.

So the game always crashes when you fossilize a species with at least 2 protoplasm? Someone might be able to take a look and see what’s up if you can provide a save file for example that can be loaded where you can immediately then trigger the problem.

1 Like

Protoplasm’s removed though so it is not necessary I think (?)

I mean there should be nothing in the game that means that protoplasm specifically would crash the game if there’s 2 of them. So finding the root cause of the problem likely would reveal a bug in some underlying system that isn’t really related to protoplasm specifically at all.

3 Likes

One won’t lead to crash? If so, who, then, has a file of a fossil when he played Thrive that has protoplasm and the fossil contains protoplasm?

I’m not understanding. Have you actually tried trying to play the version I recommended and looking for a species with protoplasm and then fossilizing it? I was under the impression that you had done that but that crashes the game.

1 Like

Are you asking someone to give you a Thrive file with a species with protoplasm?

2 Likes

Yeah, sure, just a question, is that possible?

If someone spends the time to go looking, saves a fossil, and uploads it somewhere for downloading.

2 Likes