Whats up with the forum app icon?

Screenshot_20220921-174843_One UI Home
Why?

2 Likes

I think it because the favicon for the site is really small (64x64)

Whait theres an app i whas just going on google all the time

On my android tablet the install as an app works just fine with showing a big icon. Let me guess this is some Apple specific thing? I haven’t configured an Apple icon for the forum because I didn’t have a suitable sized icon file so I’ve left that option blank.

i get it on android. No idea about the cause, it works fine everywhere thats not mobile.

Ahah what-
Does a forum like have an application of its own stop?

you can make a shortcut thing from chrome on android and PC through some eldritch ritual. edit: its not that eldritch until chrome isnt your main browser and on PC

1 Like

Discourse has an automatic feature where it offers to install itself as an app on your (Android) device when you browse the website.

Lol I also have this issue, over time it gets smaller and smaller, as you open the app over and over a fix for it is just uninstalling and reinstalling I found tho if it bothers you enough, but it’s only a visual bug as far as I can tell

1 Like

Lol, the app tracks how many “uses” of it you have left.

1 Like

Im doing it on android, so its definitely not apple specific, but yeah, I also noticed that every time I opened it, it got smaller, what would cause this?

on pc its fine for my for now