Acer Aspire 4752G

Intel Core i5-2450M

Intel HD Graphics 3000 and Nvidia GeForce 610M 1GB

4GB RAM

1366x768 resolutions

512GB Seagate SATA II

Laptop from 2012

Pada Sabtu, 22 Desember 2018, reeper66 discourse@boostslair.com menulis:

i donā€™t no a lot, but i no their is a bug around Intel Graphics Cards.

1 Like

Try forcing thrive to use your nvidia card.

1 Like

I have try it to use Nvidia but still didnā€™t work

Pada Sabtu, 22 Desember 2018, Untrustedlife discourse@boostslair.com menulis:

When I tried that thrive wouldnā€™t run (after I had used my integrated graphics). I think there is an issue where the game tries to reuse cached shaders and doesnā€™t work. I havenā€™t tested yet, but what maybe should work is deleting the thrive folder and then trying again without the cache.

Thatā€™s likely an issue. From the log you posted above I see the game is crashing while trying to initialize opengl.

I assume you have integrated intel graphics? Thereā€™s a few other people with organelles also not rendering and they all have new enough intel hd graphics that the game starts, but doesnā€™t render correctly.

Yeah, Integrated intel graphics but also have nvidia discrete graphics

Yes, I use Nvidia and it works fine now. Itā€™s because Intel HD Graphics 3000 issue

1 Like

I was just watching the podcast, and I think you misread what I said: Instead of ā€œitā€™s quieter than it used to beā€, I meant ā€œI literally canā€™t hear anything except for getting hit by toxins, being able to reproduce, the song you get when you start a new game and the main menu songā€, and I had those error messages I posted. Something like the game OST you can hear in the podcast doesnā€™t exist for me

1 Like

https://pastebin.com/TQhbiQTT

Thrive crashed, so hereā€™s a log output
Things I noticed prior to crashing:

1. List of compounds would not update
  2. Pretty much silent, save for water noises
  3. Reduced rate of stuff happening
1 Like

This should be fixed soon: Fix GUI compound bars freezing Ā· Issue #663 Ā· Revolutionary-Games/Thrive Ā· GitHub

This is a bit more difficult but hopefully will be fixed at some point.

I think this is one of those random physics crashes during gameplay.

From what my non-coder eyes can tell, itā€™s having trouble finding required sound files in the sound folder

I highly doubt that it is missing files, otherwise no sounds would play at all.
Itā€™s likely a problem with exceeding the number of simultaneous playing sounds.

help, i canā€™t download the launcher .
it says: ā€œFailed - Forbiddenā€.

From github? We canā€™t really help you if you canā€™t download files from github.

okā€¦ i got that, but then this happened:

it said this:
Playing Thrive 0.4.0

Hash for file ā€˜Thrive-0.4.0.0-WINDOWS-64bit.7zā€™ is invalid (download corrupted or wrong file was downloaded) please try again
edit: what i rely need is instructions for manual installation.

I think the issue might be your internet connection being unstable and the download gets interrupted.

I think just delete Thrive-0.4.0.0-WINDOWS-64bit.7z file on %appdata%\Thrive Launcher or Revolutionary Games folder then try download again.

thanks! iā€™ll try that

1 Like