[0.5.6.0] ThriveHarmony 2.0 (Obsolete)

~ Announcement: This Mod Is Obsolete! ~

With the latest release of Thrive v0.5.8.1, Thrive now includes Harmony by default and so this mod is obsolete. This mod is now not being worked on anymore.

HarmonyBackground Thrive Harmony v2.0

A library for patching, replacing and decorating .NET and Mono methods during runtime using Harmony by pardeike.

• This is a library that allow mod makers to “patch”/modify the games code using the harmony library

• This mod needs to be loaded before all other mod that uses this library to prevent any errors

• This mod does not have any other changes beside including the dll and code to override the version number label

Download

Download Link or Steam Workshop Link

How to install:

1. Download from the link above, if you are not using the steam version then continue
  2. Find your mods folder, easiest way is by clicking the “Open Folder” button.
  3. unzip the the file in your mods folder
  4. Use the built-in mod loader to load the mod
  5. enjoy :slight_smile:
Changelog

2.0 - 2021-12-01T06:00:00Z:

• Patches now autoload and autounload for mods
  • Fix Alignment of Version Number
  • Main Menu Now Show Current Harmony Version
  • Some other stuff maybe?

1.0 - 2021-11-30T06:00:00Z:

• Initial Version
  • Just included the library and changed the main menu.
For Mod Makers

In order to use Thrive Harmony for your mod, you will need to follow the modding guide for c# code and then install harmony for your project. Just follow the Getting Started instruction found here.

A good guide for using harmony can be found here.

This mod will automagically load and unload your patches for you, you just need to include a public variable called “harmony” with the type “Harmony” for that to happen.

When exporting your mod you only need to upload your own mod dll file, Thrive Harmony already includes the 0Harmony.dll file.

Compatibility

The mod has no known incompatibility with any other mods.

This mod was made for Thrive version 0.5.6.0

This mod internal name is “ThriveHarmony”

This mod modifies the following files:

• ModLoader.cs
  • VersionNumber.cs
10 Likes

This seems super useful, and I think I saw Harmony some time ago when researching moddability and then forgot about it.

I think ultimately having this in the base game could be very useful so I opened an issue to track progress on that: