0.5.8 Release Candidate Testing

Are you playing from the launcher or from the downloaded file?

The launcher.

You need to play from the downloaded file

Ok, but how do i do that.

You download the release candidate from the link, extract it and run the game file (named Thrive in my computer) inside it.

1 Like

Ok! how do you reccomend extracting it, im assuming i have to use another program to do that

You can download 7zip

I canā€™t use the pilus when Iā€™m a multicellular organism for some reason.

I did it! im proud of myself now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All bugs I experienced:

1. Nitrogen-fixing plastid overrides the evolve barā€™s ammonia collection (Collected ammonia goes straight to storage, and not sure about nitrogenase.) I also got plastid ammonia sent to both my storage and evolve bar.
  2. A little bit above my cell gas was disappearing like something was collecting it, but nothing was. It followed me like I had a hitbox up there, but none of it went into my storage. All cells of my species had the same issue. (see image)

Things that arenā€™t bugs:

1. How do I delete cells in my body plan? I donā€™t want to remove the cell type as a whole, just move or delete them from that specific position.
  2. My daughter cell spawned as a full organism but I didnā€™t : (

Thatā€™s because you are the daughter organism and that is the adult organism

2 Likes

Try hovering on the cell and press del

Is it intentional that you canā€™t enter the multicellular prototype in freebuild mode?

In multicellular or normal editor? That was the important part to confirm.

Seems that only multicellular crashes. I just tested it.

Thanks for the bug reports. Iā€™ll try to fix some of these and open issues about the rest for the future.

Thereā€™s no patch specific music playing. Even putting some of the multicellular tracks in the game was a bonus, and the reason why they canā€™t be patch specific is that thereā€™s only 1 general finished multicellular theme and 2 for different regions. So there wouldnā€™t be any music variability.

From a quick test by me, the mods should still be compatible. Could you provide the game logs? The full error should be contained there.

Also I didnā€™t have any issues with a mod that I tested on a different computer downloaded through the Steam workshop and enabled on the steam beta branch. If you donā€™t use Steam, do you have the latest versions of the mods?

Itā€™s a soft limit that increases penalties if the limit is reached which should reduce further species counts from growning.

Itā€™s been like that for a long time now, not a new change.

You are not multicellular yet, right? Organelles grow in size as they get ready for dividing. Thatā€™s been a feature for yers as well.

@Buckly changed that as a balancing change.

Does it work in a normal colony? There shouldnā€™t be anything special regarding that in a multicellular colonyā€¦

Iā€™m 99% sure it will happen even without that organelle. Multicellular organisms only grow one cell at a time so if you have much more ammonia than phosphate you can saturate the growth with ammonia so that it doesnā€™t get used anymore until you get more phosphate.

Budding is the reproduction method where a single cell is ejected to grow into a new colony. Thatā€™s the only multicellular reproduction method currently available.

Deleting is not implemented. If it accidentally works, Iā€™d be a bit surprisedā€¦

Yes. My idea is that freebuild is a mode where advancing stages is not allowed.

In the editor with negative ATP? So you mean the cell editor within the multicellular editor with negative ATP, causes the issue?

3 Likes

Just a quality of life thing that could be fixed, but i think that multicellular organisms shouldnt be effected by ice shards in the ice area. It makes it way harder to navigate and annoying.

Why wouldnt they be affected? They should just get tools to deal with ice shards.

Evolve some cell wall armor with little armor cells.

3 Likes

Yes. (specifically, having less ATP generation than osmoregulation cost. Having less than required for movement doesnā€™t cause a crash.)

Iā€™m an idiot. My storage was increasing because my colony cells were generating their own ammonia.

Although I see your point of view on this, i feel like its pretty annoying when you have a really large multicellular organism and it gets hung up on a piece of ice a nanometer in length that you cant even SEE.

in the multicellular editor