0.6.2 Release Candidate Testing

Time for another pre-release testing of Thrive. So please share your feedback on it in this thread.

The most major things you will see are the new 3D main menu backgrounds (these are a bit performance intensive), as well as the continued prototypes which are now all the way to the end of society stage. There’s also been a ton of small changes, fixes and graphics improvements.

The RC can be downloaded through the launcher or as the beta version on steam or itch. To see the beta version in the Thrive launcher you need to select the option in the launcher options to show them.

Last time no one asked for direct download links so I won’t offer them this time.

We’ll try to fix the most major found problems before the full 0.6.2 release next week.

4 Likes

problem
The “!” appeared by mistake.

I’ve opened an issue for that:

Could you add a function that allows direct access to later stages? Unfortunately, due to my poor collection game skills, I was unable to advance beyond the initial microbe stage.

You mean you didn’t manage to reach the early multicellular prototype, which was already included in a previous release?

There are cheats in the game you can use after enabling them in the options menu.

Game launch and intro videos are now stuttering quite a bit. They looked pretty smooth before.

At one point, another organism was chasing after my species, and moving up to them as if to engulf, but they couldn't because they had cellulose membranes. Here's an image:
[Fossilise screen](https://i.ibb.co/52YnLkQ/Thrive-Fossil-Screenshot-1.jpg)

The tutorial in the editor made the screen go too dark to see what it was referring to. When discussing the ATP bars, they were not visible at all. Don't recall if this was a pre-existing issue.

The Engulf tutorial kept pointing me towards empty space after organs had been swallowed by others.

Cells are overlapping a lot more - when trying to feed or bind, and also in multicell.

It is much harder to engulf or bind with other cells, which might be related to the overlapping issue. It usually takes a lot of pushing on the enemy cell while in engulf mode, before I can swallow it. The pulling cilia make it easier to engulf, but the issue is still clearly there. It also isn't only when near the limit for ingested material that this happens.

Auto save failed when going out of editor (after reloading the in-editor autosave):
error report
Error Saving - Saving failed! An exception happened exception: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Tar.TarException: Entry closed at '6014976' before the '6015842' bytes specified in the header were written

at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Tar.TarOutputStream.CloseEntryAsync (System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken, System.Boolean isAsync) [0x0010e] in <82d3b1a41c8a4daeb7a8d496582b1183>:0
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Tar.TarOutputStream.FinishAsync (System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken, System.Boolean isAsync) [0x00089] in <82d3b1a41c8a4daeb7a8d496582b1183>:0
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Tar.TarOutputStream.Finish () [0x00012] in <82d3b1a41c8a4daeb7a8d496582b1183>:0
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Tar.TarOutputStream.Dispose (System.Boolean disposing) [0x0000f] in <82d3b1a41c8a4daeb7a8d496582b1183>:0
at System.IO.Stream.Close () [0x00000] in <02071a39c8a34187bdd1f58e4be38764>:0
at System.IO.Stream.Dispose () [0x00000] in <02071a39c8a34187bdd1f58e4be38764>:0
at Save.WriteDataToSaveFile (System.String target, System.String justInfo, System.String serialized, Godot.Image screenshot) [0x000a1] in <81b89da682a443c5ac703a6872d10919>:0
at Save.WriteRawSaveDataToFile (SaveInformation saveInfo, System.String saveContent, Godot.Image screenshot, System.String saveName) [0x0001c] in <81b89da682a443c5ac703a6872d10919>:0
at Save.SaveToFile () [0x0001e] in <81b89da682a443c5ac703a6872d10919>:0
at SaveHelper.PerformSave (InProgressSave inProgress, Save save) [0x00025] in <81b89da682a443c5ac703a6872d10919>:0

This happened at a couple of points.

– Issues in Multicellular Stage –

Changing a cell's name in the cell editor doesn't change the cell name in structure editor. I think it was working before.

Large Iron chunks sometimes disappear right before my eyes.

An enemy cell swallowed a couple of my cells, while I was trying to swallow it, as it was visibly smaller than any of my cells, even though it's base hex size was about 10 higher than any of my cells.

I saw a pair of cells from my own species (which seemed to be the stem cells) appear out of nowhere.

Game performance in multicell is much better. I have noticed no drop in frame rate - I didn't get the fps display up, but there was no jittering. Previously, when I had a creature of more than a dozen cells, and another of my species at full size came into (or nearly into) view, I dropped to roughly 5fps. Much better! :+1:

Textures are no longer displaying correctly in Underwater Macro.

Macro underwater shot
Before, the metaballs looked like in the eidtor, and the iron chunk looked the same as in micro.

Edit: I’m still getting used to formatting posts, and writing it in a text file first messed it up in a way I can’t seem to fix.

Interesting. Eukaryotes have bigger membranes now on purpose to make sure no multihex organelles poke out and that your hitbox isn’t larger than your membrane. Due to this, your hitbox may feel smaller relatively speaking. I guess that also makes overlapping membranes more likely, because the membranes still aren’t completely accurate. It’s tricky to ensure both that no organelles poke out and that membranes overlap as little as possible. I can try to take a look if I can make it a little better, but I can’t promise much.

1 Like

What’s the FPS you get in the main menu? Press F3 to see it. I suspect the much more intensive main menu backgrounds mean that your game is lagging even during the video.

Well I had already opened an issue about that so someone might fix that at some point:

The microbe AI really needs someone to make a bunch of improvements to it. I won’t open an issue as previously having an AI problem issue open for multiple years didn’t help motivate anyone to work on it.

A newer version of the compression library we use has these randomly happening problems.

My plan right now is to wait until Godot 4 and swap to the .NET inbuilt method then:

Do you have a low entity limit? Either it got despawned due to entity limit or it played a dissolve animation when it ran out of compounds and was gone.

Seems like this is a rare problem. I’ve not seen this happen and no one else seems to have it either. I tested in GLES2 mode to confirm that that isn’t the problem either. Maybe your graphics drivers are very outdated or there’s some other specific software/hardware combination problem.

Can someone help verify these? I’m pretty sure that nothing should have changed related to these in the RC, so these problems should already be in 0.6.1:

I was sure there would already be an open issue for this, but I couldn’t find one so I opened one now:

This is caused by:

Meaning that renaming works when you make some other change at the same time.

You’ve indented your paragraphs by 4 spaces, which means code block. If you remove the leading spaces from your post it will fix itself.

I should have specified my hardware. It is not great. I have a laptop with no graphics card and 8Gb RAM.

– Previous Benchamark

(16-3-23 v.0.6.1)
Benchmark results for MicrobeBenchmark v1
Stationary microbes score: 18.51
AI microbes score: 21.98
Spawns until no 60 FPS: 39
Microbe stress average FPS: 54.19
Microbe stress min FPS: 41
Alive microbes: 39
Waiting for microbes to die: 55.98
Microbe deaths minimum FPS: 46
Remaining microbes: 31
Total test duration: 111.2
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz (used tasks: 8)
GPU: Mesa Intel(R) UHD Graphics (CML GT2)

FPS is consistently 5 or 6 in the opening movie and the main menu.

Yes, I had the minimum entity limit on.

Engulf tutorial also pointed me to chunk of marine snow I’d already tried to engulf, but wasn’t big enough for. It only popped up the message when the chunk disappeared.

FPS Still dropped to 5 or less when there were multiple multicelled creatures nearby. It was also at roughly 3 for a long time when I started in a new patch with 1 full-sized creature of my species (21 cells) nearby, and then a while after, the frame rate popped instantly to 30. However, then about 10 of my species spawned in, despite my population count for the area being 1, and there being multiple other species in the patch. FPS went back down to 3.

The Macro texture problem seems to occur every time I get to it.

(Also, it seems this got formatted properly. :raised_hands: )

Well that’s really low.

I’ve now made changes to not render the 3D background while a video is playing (will be in the full 0.6.2 release):

It’s likely then that due to entity limit (or too many chunks existing) that chunk was instantly deleted. This is a pretty hard balancing act to get right between performance and not having things visually pop out of existence. I don’t plan on working on this anytime soon as it’ll be a ton of tweaking and even then the situation might only get a bit better. But anyone else is free to work on this.

Can you provide more details? The tutorial for engulfing stuff I’m pretty sure uses the exact same logic as engulf checks , so it shouldn’t be able to claim you can engulf something you cannot. Could it just be a coincidence that it pointed there?

Each unit of population means trillions of individuals.

Regarding the performance based on the benchmark, it looks like even the lowest entity limit won’t perform that well on your system.

I think it might be a driver bug or something, we’d need more people with integrated Intel graphics on Linux to confirm.

I think I had 3 or 4 hexes in my cell, and the chunk looked like a Nitrogen-fixing Plastid. I tried engulfing, and got the text that I wasn’t big enough to engulf it. I wandered about the cloud it was in, and moved away, and a couple of seconds after it went off the corner of the screen, I got the engulf tutorial pop-up window, and the line pointing off-screen in the direction of the chunk. I followed the line, and there was just empty space where the chunk was, with the line pointing to the middle of the space. I tried engulfing there, and hovered the mouse around in case there was something else I couldn’t see, but there was nothing. I’m pretty sure there was nothing bigger than me in the patch.

I was not aware of that. It makes sense, numbers-wise. Still, I’d assumed the chances of so many of my species appearing near me should have been pretty low, given the number of other species in the patch (there were more than 10 species, I think). Is that just an issue of the entity limit?

To be honest, as long as the fps is above 10, I’m fine. I spent a long time playing Ark: Survival Evolved, and didn’t have much trouble - aside from the large number of bugs and huge flaws in game design, which they never bothered to fix.

extraneous information

I completed the game, and the first expansion. But the second expansion added so many more entities on screen that it became unplayable. Near the center of the map, the fps would often be 3 or less, and there was so much lag, it would respond to button pressed from nearly a minute ago. And that was after reducing my screen resolution.

As I already linked an issue, the tutorial will keep pointing to a place where an engulfable was if the engulfable despawns and no other suitable engulf targets exist.

If one or two of your hexes duplicated while you were away, that may have been enough to make you big enough to engulf the thing you couldn’t engulf before.

Everytime you reproduce a daughter cell is spawned (or in multicellular a colony). If your entity limit is low, those reproduced copies of you can take up a large fraction of the total possible cells.

I also didn’t realise that the size for engulfing changed in real time - I thought it was determined by the editor session.

And you just edited my post, right? What changes did you make to get that spoiler-type thing working? I still can’t work out how to use a lot of features of this system. Is there a comprehensive guide?

Your cell prepares to reproduce by duplicating all the organelles. This has the effect that your cell’s size grows as you get closer to being able to edit.

I don’t actually know what the problem was. I just added a new “hide details” section and copied the content as well as the title and that worked. I think it may have been incorrect quote characters that were used around the “extraneous information” part causing the markup to break.

Hello, I keep experiencing issues when switching my interface localisation language in the main menu.

1. Game crashes after these steps: change my localisation, open the gallery, close it, switch my localisation language back.
Thrive has crashed at 2023-04-26T17:00:11.7551057Z (crash happened immediately before creating this report)
Exit code: 0
Description: Crash is an unhandled exception
==== START OF LAUNCHER OUTPUT ====
Playing Steam Version
Thrive is starting. Log output (due to buffering this is likely not in real time):
Thrive was not detected as having started correctly. Will attempt to start Thrive again, attempt number: 2
Thrive is starting. Log output (due to buffering this is likely not in real time):
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 1779200
SteamInternal_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID: *MY STEAM ID* [API loaded no]
Note: error lines may not match up when they happened in relation to normal output due to buffering.
Error lines are any lines received from the game's stderr output stream.
ERROR: Unknown species type to preview: null
ERROR: Tooltip group with name 'artGallery' not found
ERROR: Failed to find tooltip group: artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_cell.jpeg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_cell-gang-clean.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_cells2.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_even-more-cells.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_floordanceparty.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_flagellum-concepts.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_membrane.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_gameplay2.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_floor.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_been-grinding-for-da-view.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_early-evolution-aquatic.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-scene.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_tree-creature.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_disturbance.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_lizard.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_BG_Menu01.png in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_BG_Menu02.png in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_BG_Menu03.png in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_ocean.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_romp.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_shining-planet.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_tribe-gang.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Iceshard1.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Iron3.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Iron4.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Iron5.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_IronRock1.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_IronRock2.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_BindingAgent.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Chemoplast.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Chemoreceptor.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_ChemoSynthesizingProteins.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Chloroplast.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Chromatophore.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Cilia.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Cytoplasm.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Flagellum.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Metabolosome.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Mitochondrion.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Nitrogenase.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_NitrogenFixingPlastid.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Nucleus.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Oxytoxy.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_OxytoxyProteins.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Pilus.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Rusticyanin.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_SignalingAgent.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Vacuole.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_extinct2.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_main-menu-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_main-menu-theme-2.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_main-menu-theme-jazz.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-theme-3.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-theme-4.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-theme-5.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-theme-6.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-theme-7.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-editor-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-editor-theme-2.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-editor-theme-3.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-editor-theme-4.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-editor-theme-5.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-theme-2.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-theme-3.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-theme-4.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-theme-5.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-theme-6.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-editor-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_aware-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_awakening-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_society-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_society-theme-2.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_industrial-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_space-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_space-theme-2.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_abyss.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_cell.jpeg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_cell-gang-clean.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_cells2.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_even-more-cells.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_floordanceparty.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_flagellum-concepts.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_membrane.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_gameplay2.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_floor.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_been-grinding-for-da-view.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_early-evolution-aquatic.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-scene.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_tree-creature.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_disturbance.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_lizard.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_BG_Menu01.png in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_BG_Menu02.png in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_BG_Menu03.png in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_ocean.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_romp.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_shining-planet.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_tribe-gang.jpg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Iceshard1.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Iron3.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Iron4.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Iron5.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_IronRock1.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_IronRock2.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_BindingAgent.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Chemoplast.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Chemoreceptor.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_ChemoSynthesizingProteins.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Chloroplast.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Chromatophore.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Cilia.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Cytoplasm.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Flagellum.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Metabolosome.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Mitochondrion.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Nitrogenase.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_NitrogenFixingPlastid.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Nucleus.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Oxytoxy.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_OxytoxyProteins.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Pilus.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Rusticyanin.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_SignalingAgent.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_Vacuole.tscn in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_extinct2.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Active audio player counter is being decremented to below zero
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_main-menu-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_main-menu-theme-2.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_main-menu-theme-jazz.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-theme-3.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-theme-4.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-theme-5.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-theme-6.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-theme-7.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-editor-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-editor-theme-2.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-editor-theme-3.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-editor-theme-4.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_microbe-editor-theme-5.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-theme-2.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-theme-3.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-theme-4.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-theme-5.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-theme-6.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_multicellular-editor-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_aware-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_awakening-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_society-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_society-theme-2.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_industrial-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_space-theme-1.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: Couldn't find tooltip with node name: galleryCard_space-theme-2.ogg in group artGallery
ERROR: 
ERROR: Unhandled Exception:
ERROR: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key '@ConceptArt@1110' was not present in the dictionary.
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) [0x0001e] in <c84d94161bca414384015e66544862cf>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at SimulationParameters.GetGallery (System.String name) [0x00000] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at GalleryViewer.OnGallerySelected (Godot.Button button) [0x0001b] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at (wrapper managed-to-native) Godot.NativeCalls.godot_icall_1_16(intptr,intptr,bool)
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at Godot.BaseButton.SetPressed (System.Boolean pressed) [0x0000b] in <19daba5d5ae94c7483bcc78b7907d0ef>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at Godot.BaseButton.set_Pressed (System.Boolean value) [0x00000] in <19daba5d5ae94c7483bcc78b7907d0ef>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at GalleryViewer.InitializeGallery () [0x002a0] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at GalleryViewer._Notification (System.Int32 what) [0x00017] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at (wrapper managed-to-native) Godot.NativeCalls.godot_icall_1_54(intptr,intptr,string)
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at Godot.TranslationServer.SetLocale (System.String locale) [0x00000] in <19daba5d5ae94c7483bcc78b7907d0ef>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at Settings.ApplyLanguageSettings () [0x0003c] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at OptionsMenu.OnLanguageSettingSelected (System.Int32 item) [0x0002b] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 
Godot Engine v3.5.stable.mono.thrive.d2ad79a40 - https://godotengine.org
OpenGL ES 3.0 Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Async. shader compilation: OFF

Mono: Log file is: 'C:/Users/1/AppData/Roaming/Thrive/mono/mono_logs/2023-04-26_19.57.26_14000.log'
This is Thrive version: 0.6.2.0-rc1 (see below for exact build info)
Unhandled exception logger attached
Startup C# locale is: uk-UA Godot locale is: uk_UA
user:// directory is: C:/Users/1/AppData/Roaming/Thrive
Game logs are written to: C:/Users/1/AppData/Roaming/Thrive\logs latest log is 'log.txt'
Doing delayed apply for some settings
ERROR: ------------ Begin of Unhandled Exception Log ------------
Set audio output device to: �������� (Borofone BW08 Stereo)
Set C# locale to: en Godot locale is: en
Starting Steam load
Steam load finished
Game is owned by current Steam user
Our app id is: 1779200
SimulationParameters are good
This version of Thrive was built at Saturday, 22 April 2023 11:12:26 from commit 1e122d038cab28381013c84506cdf59852a7ce49 on branch master
ERROR: The following exception prevented the game from running:
ERROR: 
Beginning Thrive news feed fetch
TaskExecutor started with parallel job count: 8
Detected store name from launch parameters: 
Launcher tells us that we are store version: steam
Launcher told us store name: steam
We were opened through the Thrive Launcher
Launcher opening us is hidden
Thrive Launcher started us, launcher hidden: True
Loading mod Nodes into the scene tree
Jukebox now playing from: Menu
Jukebox: starting track: res://assets/sounds/main-menu-theme-1.ogg position: 0
Startup successful, removing startup info file
------------ Thrive Startup Succeeded ------------
Set C# locale to: uk Godot locale is: uk
Jukebox now playing from: ArtGallery
Initializing gallery viewer
Jukebox: starting track: res://assets/sounds/main-menu-theme-jazz.ogg position: 0
Jukebox: starting track: res://assets/sounds/main-menu-theme-1.ogg position: 34,13914
Initializing gallery viewer
ERROR: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key '@ConceptArt@1110' was not present in the dictionary.
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) [0x0001e] in <c84d94161bca414384015e66544862cf>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at SimulationParameters.GetGallery (System.String name) [0x00000] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at GalleryViewer.OnGallerySelected (Godot.Button button) [0x0001b] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at (wrapper managed-to-native) Godot.NativeCalls.godot_icall_1_16(intptr,intptr,bool)
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at Godot.BaseButton.SetPressed (System.Boolean pressed) [0x0000b] in <19daba5d5ae94c7483bcc78b7907d0ef>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at Godot.BaseButton.set_Pressed (System.Boolean value) [0x00000] in <19daba5d5ae94c7483bcc78b7907d0ef>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at GalleryViewer.InitializeGallery () [0x002a0] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at GalleryViewer._Notification (System.Int32 what) [0x00017] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at (wrapper managed-to-native) Godot.NativeCalls.godot_icall_1_54(intptr,intptr,string)
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at Godot.TranslationServer.SetLocale (System.String locale) [0x00000] in <19daba5d5ae94c7483bcc78b7907d0ef>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at Settings.ApplyLanguageSettings () [0x0003c] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR:   at OptionsMenu.OnLanguageSettingSelected (System.Int32 item) [0x0002b] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 
ERROR: 
ERROR: Please provide us with this log, thank you.
ERROR: ------------  End of Unhandled Exception Log  ------------
ERROR: 
ERROR: Unhandled Exception:
ERROR: 
ERROR: 
ERROR: 
ERROR: 
ERROR: 
ERROR: 
ERROR: 
ERROR: 
ERROR: 
ERROR: 
ERROR: 
ERROR: 
ERROR: src\steamnetworkingsockets\clientlib\steamnetworkingsockets_lowlevel.cpp (3243) : Trying to close low level socket support, but we still have sockets open!
src\steamnetworkingsockets\clientlib\steamnetworkingsockets_lowlevel.cpp (3243) : Trying to close low level socket support, but we still have sockets open!
Child process exited with code 1
ERROR: Restarting Thrive due to detected startup failure
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 1779200
SteamInternal_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  *MY STEAM ID* [API loaded no]
Godot Engine v3.5.stable.mono.thrive.d2ad79a40 - https://godotengine.org
OpenGL ES 3.0 Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Async. shader compilation: OFF

Mono: Log file is: 'C:/Users/1/AppData/Roaming/Thrive/mono/mono_logs/2023-04-26_19.58.31_13004.log'
This is Thrive version: 0.6.2.0-rc1 (see below for exact build info)
Unhandled exception logger attached
Startup C# locale is: uk-UA Godot locale is: uk_UA
user:// directory is: C:/Users/1/AppData/Roaming/Thrive
Game logs are written to: C:/Users/1/AppData/Roaming/Thrive\logs latest log is 'log.txt'
Doing delayed apply for some settings
Set audio output device to: �������� (Borofone BW08 Stereo)
Set C# locale to: uk Godot locale is: uk
Starting Steam load
Steam load finished
Game is owned by current Steam user
Our app id is: 1779200
SimulationParameters are good
This version of Thrive was built at Saturday, 22 April 2023 11:12:26 from commit 1e122d038cab28381013c84506cdf59852a7ce49 on branch master
Beginning Thrive news feed fetch
TaskExecutor started with parallel job count: 8
Detected store name from launch parameters: 
Launcher tells us that we are store version: steam
Launcher told us store name: steam
We were opened through the Thrive Launcher
Launcher opening us is hidden
Thrive Launcher started us, launcher hidden: True
Loading mod Nodes into the scene tree
Jukebox: starting track: res://assets/sounds/main-menu-theme-1.ogg position: 0
Startup successful, removing startup info file
------------ Thrive Startup Succeeded ------------
Set C# locale to: tr Godot locale is: tr
User requested program exit, Thrive will close shortly
Shutting down Steam API
Child process exited with code 0
Thrive exited abnormally with an error
ERROR: Thrive has encountered an unhandled exception, please report this to us. In the future there will be support for automatically reporting these crashes.
Crash dumps have been detected but they may be from a previous Thrive run (please check before reporting). To stop being notified about the crash dumps, please open the reporter and clear the crash dumps.
==== END OF LAUNCHER OUTPUT ====

Crash happened due to an unhandled exception:
------------ Begin of Unhandled Exception Log ------------
The following exception prevented the game from running:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key '@ConceptArt@1110' was not present in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) [0x0001e] in <c84d94161bca414384015e66544862cf>:0 

at SimulationParameters.GetGallery (System.String name) [0x00000] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 

at GalleryViewer.OnGallerySelected (Godot.Button button) [0x0001b] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 

at (wrapper managed-to-native) Godot.NativeCalls.godot_icall_1_16(intptr,intptr,bool)

at Godot.BaseButton.SetPressed (System.Boolean pressed) [0x0000b] in <19daba5d5ae94c7483bcc78b7907d0ef>:0 

at Godot.BaseButton.set_Pressed (System.Boolean value) [0x00000] in <19daba5d5ae94c7483bcc78b7907d0ef>:0 

at GalleryViewer.InitializeGallery () [0x002a0] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 

at GalleryViewer._Notification (System.Int32 what) [0x00017] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 

at (wrapper managed-to-native) Godot.NativeCalls.godot_icall_1_54(intptr,intptr,string)

at Godot.TranslationServer.SetLocale (System.String locale) [0x00000] in <19daba5d5ae94c7483bcc78b7907d0ef>:0 

at Settings.ApplyLanguageSettings () [0x0003c] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 

at OptionsMenu.OnLanguageSettingSelected (System.Int32 item) [0x0002b] in <fa631ac87f354fa0943f16e4419a1a1f>:0 

Please provide us with this log, thank you.
------------  End of Unhandled Exception Log  ------------

Video proof

1. After said crash and restarting my game, some random label on the screen will stop updating its localisation after I try changing my localisation language
    Video proof

Thanks for the problem reports.

I can confirm. The steps are actually as simple as opening the art gallery once, then going to change the language. The crash happens due to some reinitialized node name conflicts. I just made a quick fix PR for this:

A previous crash should not be able to impact anything after you’ve restarted the game.

So looking at the video, this is the store logged in user display label, which I can confirm isn’t actually made to react to language change in the code. I’ve opened an issue:

1 Like

That was already reported in this thread. I replied to it like this:

And here’s the issue link again:

Edit: this was a reply to a deleted post by @dan54

1 Like

I very much thank you for your work to identify and fix those bugs.

Playing on previous releases I also thought that some of the UI elements of the changelog bar in the main menu didn’t respond to the localisation change, but to my surprise while playing 0.6.2 beta I have never encountered such an issue at all

With the release out now, all further feedback should go in this thread: