Abovewater Civs

So, after everyone came to a common agreement that underwater civs will be able to smeltle the meltle with ------------------, Ive made this topic to discuss a new option for the player that has never been discussed before! Above water civilizations.

Now, I was thinking that these above water civs could easily smeltl the melte with volcanos, but as you know, many problems arise in above water civs, such as the following:

1. oxygen and other flammable gasses. If theres too much oxygen or flammable gasses in the atmosphere, the whole planet would burn once an above land civ somehow managed to make fire!

2. How would they even discover this, would they just “BY ACCIDENT” drop a shiny thing they are attached to into a volcano?

3. Even if they COULD smeltl the meltl, then how would they invent space travel with all the atmosphere preventing them from getting to space!

Disclaimer

dont murder me please, this is a jo-

12 Likes

Otter, you need to read up on humans. They are a fascinating example of evolution making the impossible possible

They are also slowly destroying your planet

2 Likes

How will they achieve mid to late space stage if they destroy the planet though.

4 Likes

They have time to fix it, it’s not too late. They haven’t completely destroyed it.

… yet, at least.

1 Like

Cant wait to atleast be able to play as an underwater civ though

2 Likes

True

seriously

Tho seriously, even if I can only make it to Stone Age as an entirely underwater Civ it would still really cool to play as.

And there are still some ideas that have yet to be disproven with more than a ‘that’s unlikely.’

1 Like

I wonder what hhyyrylainen will think about this idea of above water civs of mine.

1 Like

I for one think it is very possible, especially as we see that happening on Earth, so it will definitely be added to the game at some point.

4 Likes

Okay, hear me out: above water civs are impossible. Launching a rocket from the ground is brutal, literally melting the ground beneath it. You’d need thousands of gallons a second of water to prevent anyone within miles from getting hearing damage. The oxygen in the air would rust any iron or steel used in rocketry, gravity reliant skeletons don’t work in space, above water civs are attested on earth, but they will never surpass an early industrial lifestyle. The only civ with reliable space travel is low- and zero-g civs. I recommend the Shepard moons of gas giants.

5 Likes

Actually sound propagates better in water

1 Like

Yeah it’s more to cool stuff off and dampen the sound, it’d still propagate quite a lot.

Ok guys, here me out.

What if the above water civs traded with the UNDERWATER civs in order to get space travel tech?

3 Likes

That’s basically the “but what if they get uplifted” argument.

2 Likes

if anything, I could see species becoming hyper intelligent while in the water, but limited in how far they could advance due to lack of fire, smelting and other necessary advancements.

1 Like

So can everyone else except the underwater civ fanatics.

5 Likes

Don’t forget electricity…

1 Like

Ah yes. Electrocute everyone to death because they are living underwater

I mean you can take it the Tool Breeder route and they breed creatures to be the stuff

Don’t- …that. Just don’t.

Or you just can grow some of the tools using corals or their alien equivalents. Granted, those tools wouldn’t be as sofisticated as metal tools, but is something.
Still, i still couldn’t see them reaching the industrial stage.