Achievements

I came up with a few ideas for challenge/special achievements for the future game.

Challenge

Monophobia - Become the first multicellular species on your homeworld.

Fast Learner - Have your species develop the first nervous system of any species on your homeworld.

Thalassophobia - Become the first land-dwelling animal species on your homeworld.

Ahead Of The Rest - Be the first multicellular species, aware species and land-dwelling animal species on your homeworld in the same game.

Pitiful Worm - Create a species with no limbs.
Wormy Wormson - Reach the Awakening Stage having never evolved limbs.

Special

On The Shoulders Of Giants - Discover a technology cache left by the ascended species that came before you.
(Replaying after ascension (descend feature) - Gameplay - Thrive Development Forum)

Intelligent Design - Sucessfully bio-engineer a species as a technological civilization.

Old Home - Take a peek at the microbes of your world through a microscope.

1 Like

I’ll try:
stonks: invent a currency

did you really though that would work?: In aware state, catch and kill a heavilly armored creature.
Wait. that’s illegal: Hack the game to have an industrial underwater Civ.
Deus vult goe right: Conquer the well-fortified Capital of an enemy nation while their ally betrays them.
I don’t think this is a good place for a colony: Colonize a rogue planet.
Something is fishy here: As a land-dweller creature, catch a “fish”.

I don’t think you understand what multicellular means: don’t evolve another cell on the first generation of multicellular stage.

it would probably just be a single galaxy, as anything more would make even supercomputers 20 years from now become potatoes
especially considering how many galaxies you’re talking about, once you go above 1 there’s really not much of a justification to stop anywhere else, as why would there only be 2 or 3 or 20 galaxies?

What if it only loads the galaxy’s as a single entity until you zoom in, and then only loads the stars you can see, and if you zoom in even further it will only load that star and the planets around it with a stock background to look like the galaxy. It could also only generate the stars/star systems when you zoom in to save space. that way you can gave 20 or 30 galaxies without destroying your computer in the process.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand the gravity of the situation: Evolve on a low gravity planet
I think i really undesrtand the gravity of the situation: Evolve on a high gravity planet
Belgium!!: In space age, crash your ship into an asteroid
I can see Uranus from here: In society stage, discover one planet from your own stellar system

1 Like

that’s not the major point, the major point is that it has to save and calculate the data of possibly tens of thousands of different life bearing planets and civs

I’m saying that instead of doing that all at once, it could simply generate the system your zoomed in on when you zoom in on it to save space and processing power. Like in spore

yes but that doesn’t stop the fact that (in real time) there are still civs on every galaxy (and many stars) doing things, the game can’t just freeze in certain areas when you don’t look at it, that wouldn’t work.
the big problem isn’t generating and keeping the planets and stars all in one place (though its a contributor) its all of the civs interacting with eachother and their environment that can’t stop simply because you zoom out.

Why…: Create this:

An attack without warning: In space stage, eliminate an industrial Civ by throwing at their planet a bunch of asteroids.

Move along: Make a nomadic society with a sessile species
Confused screaming: Make a sound-based language in a species that can’t make sound

2 Likes

This is a list of all the achievements i posted here so far.
Achievements that aren’t considered valid now (because actual knowledge of the matter nullyfied them or because they were repeated
Achievements that are almost confirmed as cannon

My achievements

are you sure this isn’t Spore?- find a species that look like the Grox.
the ancient aliens- using a space civilization creates and uplift humans.
wow, that’s original-evolve a human

feeling hot,hot,hot: evolve a species that can get near a hydro-thermal vent…and survive.
turn on the heat, please: evolve a species in a world that is freezing.
i’m chuck norris!!: won a war where your nation is fighting against 5 or more nations.
psy?: evolve a duck-like creature
black hole sun: find a black hole

what the…?: as a human, create an uplift…humans
we are the borg: make your species cyborgs
ohhh, here you are: find Earth
it’s a planet of apes: uplift gorillas, orangutans and chimpanzees…and eliminate humans
together, we are stronger: the same as above, but in this case, you don’t eliminate humans: you uplift them too.
is a mad house: uplift all creatures of Earth…
Thrivecepction: in industrial age…your species develop an evolution game similar to Thrive
where do you learn to fly?: crash yous spaceship 3 minutes after you reach the space stage

age of war: start a war in the awakening stage and finish it in the space stage
hey, that’s my planet!!: colonize a planet that has already a sapient creature
sorry, we didn’t see you: colonize a planet that has an aquatic or a subterranean sapient creature
jumanji!!: evolve a sapient creature in the jungle
i, tarzan: evolve an arborean sapient creature
fly away from here: evolve a flying sapient creature
you laugh at the devs: reach the society stage a an underwater creature using hydrothermal vents to melt metals
the devs laugh at you: go to land to reach the industrial stage
decide at once!!: take an aquatic creature and 1) evolve it to a terrestrial creature, then evolve that creature to an aquatic creature, and then, repeat five times…
under the sea: evolve a mermaid
under the sea, under the sea: create and uplift a mermaid
teenage mutant ninja turtles: evolve an armored sapient creature that is, also, fast and agile
H.G. Wells aproves this: evolve a martian of the “War Of The Worlds” novel
you need to read WOTW: invade a planet and fail because of a small detail you didn’t considered
Tri-pod: invade a planet using three-legged machines
landshark!!: evolve a terrestrial shark-like creature
kong-frontation: find a giant “ape”
Look at my new appendix: evolve a sapient creature with tail
now i have a third arm: evolve a sapient creature with a prehensile tail
is only for decoration: evolve a sapient creature with a fluffy tail
are you kidding me?: evolve a sapient creature with a short tail
now, you are messing with me: evolve a sapient creature with a boneless tail
lord of the underworld: develope a subterranean civilization
are you sure this is a tail?: evolve a tail that has a hand in the tip
what is love?: evolve an asexual creature
bears are bad news: evolve a bear-like creature
fthag’n: evolve a winged octopod
pika?: evolve an electric “mouse”
is devolution, baby: downlift an alien civilization
is deeevolution, is deeevolutiooooon: downlift five alien civilizations
stellaris in a nutshell: wage war against every alien civilization you encounter
this…is…SPARTAAA!!!: destroy an enemy army with an army of 300 soldiers

wow, just, wow: evolve humans…and watch them go extinct in a few generations.
mouths don’t go there!!: evolve a creature with a mouth in other place
does this remind you of something?: in the civ stage, as an island nation, watch a colony you made in a continent far away becoming independent.
hercules: evolve a strong sapient creature
how is that possible?: evolve a sapient limbless creature
alien darwin is here: in the civ stage, one of your creatures discovers evolution

One small step from_: evolve a terrestrial creature for the first time.
Atlantis is boring: evolve a terrestrial creature 5 times.
Convergence : find a creature of another species that look like yours.
Anihilation is here : survive an extinction event in any stage.
Female power: evolve an species where the female is stronger than the male.

you need to study biology: put as an species name for a strange creature you created “Human”.

tanananananana: evolve a shark or a shark-like creature.
i’m not afraid of sharks: evolve an orca or an orca-like creature
BOOM: in civilization stage, start a nuclear war

Wait, what?: In society stage, have your nation being conquered by an smaller nation
Dead by gravity:(former “i don’t think you understand the gravity of the situation”) make a creature come out of the sea in a high-gravity world without that creature being prepared for it.

Darkness Rises: reach the awakening state using a nocturnal creature.
Look, it’s possible!!: reach the awakening state using a creature that lives near Hydro-thermal vents.
Rise of Nations: reach the society stage for the first time.
Age of Empires: create an empire for the first time.

Exterminate, Exterminate: create an empire that is very xenophobic
Isaac Arthur was here: create an empire without using FTL drives and without colonizing a lot of planets.
Wait, Spore is here?: In industrial stage, watch how your society creates a game similar to Spore
God Belgium: In any stage, suffer a natural disaster so severe that you have to go back to early stages

Why we couldn’t do this?: obtain the achievements feeling hot,hot,hot. , Look, it’s possible!! and you laugh at the devs in that order (that’s obvious)
That’s why!!!: obtain the achievment the devs laugh at you after you get Why we couldn’t do this?

That’s so startrek: In space stage, create a federation.
That’s so starwars: In space stage, create an empire
The Killing Star: Eliminate a civilization in industrial stage using Relativistic Missiles
That’s DEFCON, baby: Fight against another civilization using only Relativistic Missiles

JP is proud of you: evolve a velociraptor-like creature
Hello darkness, my old friend: Play as a creature in the night
SFIA is proud of you: build your first space hábitat

Is time to monkee: evolve a chimp
Kong is here: evolve a gorilla
Dr Zaius, Dr Zaius: evolve an orangutan
Did you think this was a joke?: in society stage, conquer a nation bigger than yours.
You thought this was a “David vs Goliath” situation: in society stage, conquer a nation smaller than yours.
Your lack of imagination disturbs me: evolve a human-like creature

You find it!!: Discovers Mars
The red menace: colonize Mars
Red is menaced: terraform Mars
Invasion of the others: fill Mars with lifeforms that come from your Homeplanet
Native is best: fill Mars with lifeforms that come from Earth
That’s wasn’t supposed to happened: Uplift humans in Mars
Stop messing with this game!!: Uplift humans in Earth first and then on Mars
Let me guess, your favorite novel is WOTW?: Uplift humans in Earth first and then uplift other creature on Mars
10000 points for Gryffindor: reach the awakening stage as a hexapod creature with feathered wings
10000 points for Hufflepuff: evolve a creature that can inflate itself
10000 points for Ravenclaw: evolve a crow-like creature
10000 points for Slytherin: reach the awakening stage as a creature without arms and legs.

Explain why we have a Fermi paradox: find another civilization in a stellar system near to yours.
You are the answer for the Fermi paradox: eliminate another civilization in the nearest stellar system.
Biblaridion is going to sue us: create a planet of giant spiders and jumping squids.

Why i’m hearing boss music?: fight against a creature bigger than yours
Are you kidding me?: ascend as a human or a human-like creature
Lovecraftian universe: ascend as a octopus-like creature
I’m naked: don’t invent clothes
Simearth reference: discover a planet where dinosaurs and mammals coexist

Stop that train: In industrial stage, watch a train gone wild without a pilot.
The Deep Impact would cause an Armageddon: In industrial stage, find an asteroid or comet that is going to crash into your planet.
Searching for a friend for the end of the world in Greenland: In industrial stage, watch that asteroid or comet crash into your planet.
I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing: In industrial stage, stop that asteroid or comet or deviated from its path.

We can be heroes: in any stage, save a creature that is in danger
The Killing Star is here: use a relativistic missile for the first time

Poland can’t into space: In industrial stage, play as a nation that doesn’t have a space program.

i think we should stop here: In any stage, stay still for 2 minutes
For the Imperium!!: creates a xenophobic empire using humans
Spiderverse: evolve a sapient spider-like creature

nobody expects the__inquisition: In society stage, creates a theocracy
Aloha: In society stage, creates an island nation
You are alone: In space stage, fail to find other civilization near.

Wait, What?: Find a species similar to yours in another stellar system
You have to be kidding me: Find a species similar to humans in another stellar system
Mooo: Evolve a cow-like species

What’s up!!!: In society state, attack another nation by surprise.
Frozen planet: In any stage, survive a hard ice age.
Legends never pie: Create a nation where cakes are banned.
Monke grabs rock.: In aware stage, grab a rock…and use it as a weapon
Tell me, love isn’t it true: Mate with two different mates, both has to be alive.

Rise of the empire: Create an empire for the first time.
South Park is here: Create a civilization in a cold place.
Why?: Lose an empire because of a betrayal of an ally.
How?: Lose an empire because your enemy managed to conquer your well-fortified Capital

did you really though that would work?: In aware state, catch and kill a heavilly armored creature.
Wait. that’s illegal: Hack the game to have an industrial underwater Civ.
Deus vult goe right: Conquer the well-fortified Capital of an enemy nation while their ally betrays them.
I don’t think this is a good place for a colony: Colonize a rogue planet.
Something is fishy here: As a land-dweller creature, catch a “fish”.

I don’t think you understand the gravity of the situation: Evolve on a low gravity planet
I think i really undesrtand the gravity of the situation: Evolve on a high gravity planet
Belgium!!: In space age, crash your ship into an asteroid
I can see Uranus from here: In society stage, discover one planet from your own stellar system

An attack without warning: In space stage, eliminate an industrial Civ by throwing at their planet a bunch of asteroids.

Some I’ve thought up:

Summary

My name is Legion
Become multicellular

Early bird
Become awake

Big brain time
Become aware

Tourist
Migrate to X different patches
(X=number I haven’t chosen yet)

The cake is a lie
Find an Easter Egg

I’ve come up with another few achievement ideas. I hope you like them!

Achievements

Searching for Steve - In the Space Stage, send a manned vessel into the supermassive black hole at the center of your home galaxy. (This is a reference to the ending of Spore)

Wow! Signal - Discover intelligent alien lifeforms by detecting unnatural radio signals from outer space in the Industrial Stage.

Hand-Made Homeworld - In the Ascension Stage, create a homeworld, and then start a new game on this world. (I think this would be a neat feature!)

Bad First Impressions - Attack an alien species before decoding their language/making first contact.

1 Like
Summary

The last one
Be the last remaining member of a species that can only reproduce sexually.

Game over.
Have your species go completely extinct.

Wait, where’s my victory screen?
Survive for 20 generations with at least 300 population.
(this one is for when the wincon gets changed, as a throwback)

Homesick
Name your planet “Earth”.
(ideally, this one should be adapted for every language)

Roleplaying
Rename your species “Homo Sapiens”

Dark origins
Start the game in a patch with 0% lux.

Lindbergh
Move horizontally for 100m while airborne.

2 Likes
yeah some more

Who needs a backup - Modify your species technologically into synthesising its glucose solely from electricity and carbon dioxide in the air. Get extinct after a power outage.

I miss the sun - Succesfully switch to geothermal or fusion power to survive after your planet is ejected out of its star system following its encounter with a rouge black hole. Prevent or adapt to its atmosphere no longer being a gas.

Hellhole - Destroy all life on your planet apart from in bunkers made by your species.

That’s a cool dome - Witness the sea levels rising, freezing and lowering again and leaving an ice dome supported in its place by your citys buildings.

Thirst undone - Retrieve a glacier from across the sea for fresh water before the industrial stage.

Anprim is overrated - Find ruins of a civilisation made by your species before space stage.

Best buddies - Wait until another species in your planet achieves sentience. Get yourself domesticated.

It was meant to be me - Have an offshoot of your species ascend first.

Missing the ground - Get into orbit in aware or tribal stage.

Cofated with Mars - Build domes to keep in air in where there was once an atmosphere.

My place is with the seas - Build everything underwater as an amphibian species apart from facilities using fire to make stuff.

Otherworldly touch - Build a tower connecting your homeworld to its mutually tidally locked moon.

Holyception - Start an inquisition and keep expending your definition of a heretic until you would have have to call yourself when you started the inquisition a heretic.

I’m still here - Make the game think your species is less succesful than it really is, but thrive when you are playing it. Survive a bottleneck of a population of 1.

Allright what do we do now - Have your civ be wiped out by a superior alien civ but survive as a computer virus in their systems.

Only good at reverse engineering - Invent nothing. Wait someone else to discover first then steal from them.

Get the king! - Eat 5 presidents as a means of removing them from power.

It is only proven with time - Spread a religion in a less advanced species that contains knowladge they couldn’t have known.

Roman legacy - Recreate a political institution 4000 years after it dissapeared.

Why tho - Create a species that feeds itself with the bacteria living around hydrothermal vents but can’t breathe underwater.

Unplanned changing of sides - As a ruler get kidnapped by another country but find a way to free yourself and assume control of that country and attack your original country.

Usage after death - Use only mummies and fossils of your own species as a power source before space stage.

The scenerios are getting longer - Discover a planet whose inhabitants went into a hibernation waiting for the planet to become habitable again. Kill them all and settle in their planet. Experience the same disaster yourself and put yourself into sleep. Get discovered by another species and be killed.

Infinite mangroves - Play as a plant and find a way to cover all the surface of your planets oceans with trees.

Terraforming war - Build a canal between two seas with different sea levels and make at least one of the cities you are currently at war with submerge underwater.

The enemy of the enemy of my enemy - Be ally with three sides that are at conflict with each other.

Do I know you? - You tell your spies to take control of another country but they don’t become aware that they completely succeeded. You rule that country better than they themselves would have ruled for some amount of time.

They take everything - Lose a significant mass of your planet due to interstellar tourism.

A book in one go - Discover printing press for your species that leaves pheromones instead of writings.

No evolve challenge - Add only nucleus and binding agents, ascend as a slime.

The final achievement - Win all the achievements and maybe this one too.

Mass panic - Hide alien contact from your population. Have a societal collapse when it comes out.

Early go - Unify the planet as a nomadic horde.

Goauld - Enter awakening stage as a parasite needing a symbiote.

Newspeak - Have a conlang be the language of the masses.

Space nomad - Make a living via galactic adventures.

Every side matters - Build a three dimensional wall around your city because you have wings.

I believe I can walk - As a species that can’t stand on water due to its surface tension, develop the ability to run on water.

Plauge.inc - Make one multiceliular species go extinct as a uniceliular organism.

There is no meaning - Give the superintelligent AI that took over your planet existential feelings and convince it to suicide.

1 Like

You deserve a trophy: Utilize every method of getting energy simultaneously
Growing to reap the milk-ring: Give your species an Anglish species name

Decisive Tang victory: 20,000+ people die to cannibalism in a single battle in a civil war you decidedly win.