Achievements

God, I am bad at witty titles. But we lack a few achievements that require medium effort, so here we go:

Nope, we are going back!
Evolve a fully aquatic creature in the Aware stage after already reaching one fully terrestrial generation (No large bodies of water needed for reproduction, can breathe for an unlimited amount of time without external contact with water etc.) in your evolutionary history.

The Great Crusade
Re-unify your stellar empire after it fractured into atleast four (well, we can turn this up as far as we want, depending on how challenging we want this achievement to be) different empires, which stayed independend for an extended period of time.

Affix bayonets!
Win a battle on a planetary surface during space stage while outnumbering your enemy atleast 5:1 and suffer atleast five times as many casualities among your infantery as your enemy.

And one just for the lulz:

Why did we even bother?
Domesticate a species with lower maximal speed and carrying weight than your species, to be used as mounts

2 Likes

Title suggestion for the first one: Landsick

Survival Of The Fittest: Kill another creature.

Run of the mill:
Play an entire game without getting any achievements

An Eye for an Eye:
Fatally wound a creature after it fatally wounds you

A bit late, eh?:
Become multicellular in the sea while there are already land dwelling creatures

A plan well thought out:
Run out of fossil fuels before your species develops an alternative energy source

I feel like “An Eye for an Eye” would suit this better

3 Likes

Cravings - Kill and eat 50 members of a single species in one game.

Battle scars - Survive and recover from a serious injury.

The bigger they are - Successfully hunt a species many times your size.

Cleanup crew - Only eat by scavenging from corpses as a carnivorous species.

It wasn’t meant to be - Have your species go extinct from a game ending natural disaster.

1 Like

i recommend changing the Battle scars achievement to Zenkai Boost

Oh yes, I am enjoying this idea.
I’ma just contribute my two cents.

The Sun is a Deadly Laser: Die to radiation before the creation of an ozone layer. (Microbe)
Artificial Sunshine: Survive for 10 minutes on bioluminecent light using a chloroplast. (Microbe)

Assimilate: Incorporate a foreign microbe into your colony. (Multicellular)

Gotta Go Fast: Create a species able to exceed 75mph while running. (Aware)
Lizard People: Create a reptilian species named Mark Zuckerberg. (Aware)
Kids These Days: Create a creature with a devolved brain from previous generations. (Aware)

Fire Bad: Go through the Awakened stage without discovering fire. (Awakened)
He Shall Be My Squishy: Domesticate the baby of a dangerous creature. (Awakened+)

Thrill of the Hunt: Personally hunt and kill 60 creatures. (Society)
The Great Crusade: Launch a religious war to take back land your nation used to own. (Society)

Tonight We are Young: Extinct your species by overheating the planet with greenhouse gasses. (Industrial)
One Small Step: Step foot on a moon of your world. (Industrial)
Arms Race: Focus technology developement on weaponry during an armistice. (Industrial)
Not So Primitive: Successfully survive a hostile alien invasion. (Industrial)
They Should Make a Movie About This: Genetically revive an extinct species. (Industrial+)

SciFi is Unrealistic: Receive a disease outbreak originating on a foreign world. (Space)
Death Sticks: Have an illegal drug trade develop in the space stage. (Space)
Galactic Federation: Form a faction with a dozen nations from foreign planets. (Space)
Fish in a Barrel: Succeed in a hostile invasion of an industrial world. (Space)
Phone Home: Strand a member of your species on a foreign world housing sapient life. (Space)
Resistance is Futile: Forcibly augment a foreign sapient species with cybernetics. (Space)
Apple of Eden: Have a society stage species uncover a hidden archive you created. (Space)

5 Likes

Thats a lot of two cents, i’m impressed!

3 Likes

heya here we kinda re did the achievements in discord so im gonna post mine here kay (this comment will be edited once i locate and find my achievement ideas)

Achievement
“Narotiza”
Play through the game as a pitiful worm creature

“Day of the Triffids” - become a plantimal/ carnivorous plant

“Perfectly balanced as all things should be” - Kill off half the species in your game

“The Eternal Doctrine”
Wipe out all sentient life in the galaxy except members of your species - Icon would be a Star Control II Kohr-Ah (this is a star control reference if you don’t get it look up eternal doctrine on ultronomicon )

“literally Hitler” - Nuff said really

“Tiberian sun” Find tiberium on a planet and remenants of a race whom had two warring factions fighting over the substance (very obvious Command and conquer reference)
maybe not actual tiberium but a similar substance

1 Like

On the third one, I liked Brother Roga’s name of the achievement more.
“I call that mercy.” Successfully destroy at least 50% of all species on your planet in any stage of the game.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t that be that you need to destroy at least 50% of all life in your galaxy?

2 Likes

There are so many ways to die!

Ferrovore - complete the microbe stage using only rusticyanin
Die, die again - die within three seconds of respawning
Et tu, Brute? - be killed by a member of your species
Strong, independent daughters - reach the aware stage with exclusively asexual reproduction
Icarus - die from fall damage as a flying creature
Diggy diggy hole - die by burrowing into magma
Mistakes were made - be killed by your own toxins

4 Likes

Alternate to “Diggy Diggy Hole”: Don’t Mine Down

1 Like

I changed it to 50% of all species in the galaxy in the game because half of all life also applies to bacteria and cells and that would take way too long (also plants applies ) so to make sure you don’t spend a lifetime i put half of all species (lets say sentients perhaps ) this achievement is meant to be the half way point to the Eternal Doctrine one which has you wipe out all sentients in the galaxy except your own species or relatives of your species

EDIT: read back the other posts before our recent ones and i have SO many suggestions for alternate names for their achievements and or critiques but a reply isn’t a small self contained area to one single comment and it pops to the bottom like a full message and i don’t want to construct the great wall of Xeno

1 Like

Technically yes, but for the gameplay purposes I personally would keep it on the planet scale. But on the other hand yeah, we need some hard-to-get achievements.

1 Like

Here’s my achievement idea
Dipiction of God

Find one of your old species on other planets depicted by the locals as Gods

Requirements : have 1 space faring civilization
Visit a planet in the early tribal stage
Must been playing with the specie’s that you encountered before
Old space faring civilization must have died or won the game

A also made a icon but it’s bad
But I don’t care I like it!

My next icon (I hope) will be better

2 Likes

Moar achievements

“Kirov Reporting” - create your first Zeppelin Bomber

“Mortal Kombat” - Get a soldier to fist fight with another soldier and win in one of the future stages when hand to hand combat has been mostly phased out

“Fully operational” - Construct a Super weapon

“this ain’t Spore 2” - have a creature die instantaneously from structural instability due to too many legs or not enough proper support from leg structure

“Battleaxe 500K” - create a race similar to a warhammer 40k one (maybe multiple similar factors is how the achievement is dictated or it could just be imperium of man only)

“Impractical, yet functional” - Use only walker vehicles instead of standard Tank threaded vehicles

“Self-Insert” - Find a species with one of the devs names on it

“Halo” - Construct or find a ringworld or other ring like astronomical construct

“Ghandi” - Create galactic peace with all civilisations in your game or galaxy

“Civilized Ghandi” - … Then immediately nuke all of them

“the path of now and forever” - Enslave half of all species in your galaxy

2 Likes

In my opinion, this should be changed to “Actual Ghandi”

1 Like

it could also be referred to as “Civilized Ghandi” as a reference to the OG game its based on

2 Likes