Am I too casual of a player, or is THRIVE really damn hard?

(tccasanova) #1

I have been trying to play it for hours and have not split once (not counting the split in the tutorial)

(ፕቿክፕልርረቿ ረዐዪዕ) #2

in this version the game is vary hard and annoying to play I recommend Nein99’s mode it makes it easier or just wait for 0.4.0 it should make the game more immersive and fun

(tccasanova) #3

I have that mode and still… I guess i’m just bad

(Necromancer of posts) #4

Youre not alone :smile:

(tjwhale) #5

Don’t worry it’s just broken. We are working hard on fixing it for the next release :slight_smile:

(Askyw) #6

The current game is all about luck. Sometimes the gods bless you with enough nutrients to survive but most of the time they won’t.

(Untrustedlife) #7

I suggest watching a let’s play from a more veteran player like Kinesis he has 6 episodes on YouTube, maybe it will help you, to reproduce you need glucose and ammonia.

(tccasanova) #8

Yes I watched those videos but it seems that not only does he have skill, but he also has a lot of luck.

(Untrustedlife) #9

Well, in 0.4.0 it will be much easier (and fun), so it won’t be like that for long.

(tccasanova) #10

Thank god, I wanna play this on YouTube but I don’t want the video to be like 90% me dying

(The Third Duke of Silly) #11

With those bacterial toxies, I beg to differ.

(Untrustedlife) #12

Are you talking about the cute little tri-toxy bacteria?

I think they are huggable
…so very huggable.
Like a warm comfy death hug.

(The Third Duke of Silly) #13

Please don’t hug the toxic little-

You get the idea.

("Belgium isotope" "Achievement hunter" "King of badcalls") #14
Actually, it hasn’t been difficult for me yet. I died five times and it was only when I just started playing. However, as I was progressing, I was starting to understand the game mechanics and I couldn’t die anymore (especially when using quick save to avoid death, lol). But someday, I couldn’t progress anymore, because my game started to crash quite often. I feel sad about it, because I went very far and I was very big. To conclude, it wasn’t difficult for me (yeah, judging me for using quick save, huh?).

(𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑱𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝑬𝒎𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝑺𝒆𝒂𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒅) #15

I can’t even get Thrive to work, so it must be a VERY hard game : P

(OrganismOverlord) #16

I haven’t even played it yet, so it must be difficult.

If you haven’t played it, why are you here? (Just kidding, I’m sure most of us are waiting for when the game isn’t like a super early prototype)

(OrganismOverlord) #18

I know, i’ll be waiting for its full release. Then I get to make reptilians and bomb the hell out of the galaxy.

That would be very far into the future, maximum optimism would be several years. Until then, at least we can enjoy microbes.

(OrganismOverlord) #20

Thats what I meant. The full release of Thrive itself. From Microbe to Space.