Ancient civilization ascension gate

I came up with a few solutions for that

• Ascension senate: Ascended species have to follow some guidelines
  • Ascension from worship: Ascended species enslave non ascended species, there may be slave revolts
  • Mmo universe: Ascended species go to another universe, they can’t come back
  • Uteen ascension: Ascended species are just very strong space stage civs, also god tools are nerfed

Which would mean the player wouldn’t have unlimited power. Even our oldest ascension stage wiki pages describe a different thing. So this goes against even the earliest ascension stage plans.

Impossible as the ascended species can just immediately turn any species completely into dust they don’t like, and they are not going to be so stupid to allow anyone to even have a partially built ascension gate.

This would remove the ascension stage entirely from the game…

This also doesn’t fulfil the goal of the original plan for what the ascension stage is.

This is the endgame where you can zoom about the galaxy as a metaphysical being, shaping and observing what you wish. It’s been a long journey and you deserve it.

allowing you to change anything you want. From creating whole solar systems to smallest bacteria, from destroying whole civilizations to possessing one of its members, all possible.

Before I reply to anything here again, I’m going to have to insist that everyone here reads (or re-reads) that ascension stage wiki page.

Obviously, you wouldn’t want inferior and subpar beings to taint ascension, would you?

If there is no nerfing, the only way that ancient ascended species can exist is if they don’t mind you ascending as well.

Which is exactly my point, and the reason why I’m against that entire concept.

You mean “eugenics”?

Physical bodies may be irrelevent when ascended. You only need your mind to wield immense power, right?

the brain is still a physical thing

It can exist inside a computer, or whatever hardware the ascendeds use

wow I am late to this thread, lol.

Edit: Also if anyone wants to know more about how my concept would handle ancient civilizations I’m willing to discuss my concept in depth

Are they omnipotent? If yes, why would they allow the player to ascend? How do different ascended civs interact with each other?

In my concept, the ascended civilizations are never interacted with (perhaps they become a new “player” in a different universe or something), but the ruins they leave behind provide clues to how the ascension gate functions (and some even hint to the gate being something that isn’t beneficial) along with information about that civilization.

hh says

I guess the players may want to be able to edit their old universe

I just included that as like a, “you can think of it this way” as in actuality, in my concept the species becomes omnipotent and higher dimensional and can no longer interact with their non ascended peers or other lower dimensional beings

Do you mean civilizations that collapsed right during the game in the space stage?

Either that or before the player gets to space. Basically any space empires that for some reason cannot continue their tech development towards ascension could potentially be one the player could find relics from. This is not an important feature in my opinion so I won’t push for this kind of thing to be added, but I’ll allow it and not try to debate anyone else on the team down from adding/designing this kind of feature.

1 Like

that honestly sounds like a good compromise, plus with part of my concept involving the player being forced to protect and defend their own ascension gate during construction, civilizations that fell before completing their gates could be due to them being destroyed by other civilizations

Or perhaps ascended civs are somehow invincible so that if another species ascends, they can’t even hope to destroy their civ since they are both indestructible.

In general, do not forget that Thrive is an open source game, plus the game already has modding, so you can even add underwater civilizations using mods. Therefore, probably everything that is discussed on the forums regarding some future content, but which the developers do not implement for whatever reason, will be added using modding or something like that.

1 Like

Just stop them before they ascend…

1 Like