Chimarion - A speculative evolution communty project about chimeras

Hello to you all!

Some know, some don’t, but I think it’s really time to share it with you all here:

More than a month ago I started a community project and it was quite hidden from view until recently and I think it’s time to share it with you especially.
And what is this project about?
Let’s say this is the alternate version of this forum game:

But the idea behind it is much older than that:
It all started with this infamous painting:
The Herpelenurora: (Herpetogaster X Gelenoptron X Utaurora)

From him, published more than a year and a half before, things started to move that led to the birth of two things: the forum game mentioned earlier, and the community project I will talk about today.

This project is literally: the evolution of chimeric creatures on another planet.
At length… I recommend that you go to this website that I built for the project:

This project has been around for a month, as said, and people have already submitted their “pioneers” to the project.
In his original idea he was supposed to start on January 5th.
But then an offer came from me to open a chat in a certain place and it kind of blew up (at least at the level I’m familiar with) and there was a desire to add more chimeras to the list, but the closing time had already passed by the time it opened.
But that’s why, after talking about others, it seems that I’m going to open the submission for another week or so from now.
So let’s say this:
I think you also have the opportunity to submit chimeras to the project before Bow really starts officially (which was supposed to be, but no one submitted until then that it was supposed to start, so it’s still fine in terms of definition)
There was a painting I posted the day before, so that was for this project and I plan to complete it very soon.

So… how does the submission work?

Here are points posted elsewhere, I just copied them here:

Original opening

This document is a top secret intended only for the inner circle of [[censored]]. A distributor to foreign sources will be severely punished in [[censored]]. you have been warned.

To anyone who sees this document,

Are you bored by those inferior creatures of the earth’s inhabitants? Fossils and living genetic reconstructions of dinosaurs not satisfying you anymore? Janna-2b’s alien zoo displays not getting your enthusiasm?
Have you dreamed of creating the perfect creature according to your imagination? Braver than a badger, stronger than a T. Rex and more charismatic than a panda?
Look no further! You can find all this at:

Chimarion!

A secret terraform world that belongs to the inner circle of [[Censored]] (don’t tell it to anyone but yourselves and the recipients of this invitation/document) that is clean and sterile of all the nonsense the universe offers and offers your perfect place to create your chimera!

You heard me right! C.H.I.M.E.R.A!

A hybrid creature made up of different creatures, named after the Greek mythological creature, with a lion’s head, a goat’s head, a snake’s head and in some sources also a dragon’s head.
But here, since we have the genetic engineering capabilities, advanced knowledge, genetic reconstruction and, of course, optimal growing conditions for each type of creature (and of course a number of secret technologies that we try to hide from the system), the dream of creating your perfect creature and existing and known creatures is a dream that comes true!

Almost.

Due to some technical factors, limitations and prevention of unintended results from genetic play, we can only guarantee creatures for which we have genetic information, in order to prevent such problems. But even with these limitations, we can guarantee that the selection is so vast that you can create the creature of your dreams!

You dream the creature of your dreams, we create it for you and then move it to a safe place where it can live in freedom without interference (if ethics are ignored of course) on our planet Chimarion!

If you are interested in creating the creature of your dreams, here follow the following instructions:

1. You can choose up to 4 earth creatures (living or extinct), with a minimum of 2, to create your chimera.
  2. From each creature you have chosen, you can specify which features you want to “lend” to your chimera. For example: the ability to digest grass of a cow or the strong skull of Dunkleosteus or anything you can think of. The limit is only an imagination and the creature you borrow it of course.
  3. If you are interested, you are able to choose which behavior it will take form, depending on the creatures you have chosen for your chimera
  4. After you finish, you send what you have created to us and we will make the creature of your dreams come true

Of course we have some special limitations, for obvious reasons above, but we will list them here:

• We do not accept chimeras that contain ape samples. We don’t want to breed a chimera that has human traits, it’s already reaching a limit that we don’t want to enter
  • We do not accept samples from single-celled prokaryotic organisms, as they are too genetically different from a multi-celled eukaryotic organism.
  • You are not limited to one chimera, but we prefer not to create too many, our amount of resources is limited.

Once all the criteria are in your submission, all that’s left to do is wait for your dream creature to be created and grow large enough and we’ll bring them to you.

You dream, we create, Team Chimerion

“Have you seen this document?”

“Yes, I’ve seen more than enough to see how much playing gods gets them. We don’t know how many Chimeras this team has created or even the location of this planet, ‘Chimerion’, and their ability to destroy evidence is unbelievably amazing. They beat us.”

“So what are we going to do with all this?”

“Unfortunately, let’s just pray that these disgusting creatures created for fun don’t suffer too much”

And what it means, that life… finds a way. What they don’t know and we here know is one thing - every creature we know that has genes changes over time, and these chimeras, abandoned on the planet Chimarion, are subject to the effects of evolution and nature. And this is the essence of this foreign project that arose from a strange idea of one story for another forum game that was lost in time (because I lost the information) and I thought to myself after seeing the things here, I should not try to do this as a community project.
This idea came to me about a year ago at least with another painting that those who know me know about. At first I thought of it as a forum game (which already exists elsewhere and is currently quite successful) but when I saw things here, I think that this version is more suitable for the strange and somewhat dark nature that this idea brings and hence this project was created.

It will be interesting to see how it grows and I will try to invest in it too if something missing (most likely plants of fungi chimera).

I suppose there is an excess demand for large herbivores, insect-like, chimeric plants and mushrooms (everyone has to be a chimera to be accepted, as written in the spoiler) but basically there shouldn’t be a limit on how many you serve or what things will be seen.

I will write everything down, but of course, after the time window closes, it will not be possible to submit more chimeras, but instead, submit their developments during a certain time window.

Right now: the first period, between the beginning of the “Great Abandonment” and 5 million years after, will be called “Neovestigia” (first steps in Latin)
The planet currently looks like this (still a work in progress):

Supercontinent “Parapingronsia”

The conditions are very similar to the present Earth before the “Great Abandonment”

But other than that… well, everything is on the site right now.

That’s all I want to share with you. I just hope that everything will be fine and that the future of the project will be bright.

edit: just to be sure: theos two are spread and don’t have any connection except to the chimera meaning

6 Likes

so, just to be clear, are unicellular eukaryotes allowed? since the limitations only say we can’tuse unicellular prokaryotes if i read it right.

2 Likes

Can I submit through here?

2 Likes

Technically, most fungi are mostly single-celled throughout their lives until reproduction, so I’d say I personally prefer it to stay in the multi-celled realm
But that doesn’t mean you can’t use it, for the same reason I gave, but it pretty much has to be multicellular, not his origin

Yes, you can do this

4 Likes

Capiticrimena Gelidvultusa

• Carnotaurus
    • bipedality
    • horns (?)
    • tail
    • leg musculature
  • Muskox
    • long fur, protecting from coldness
    • viviparity
  • Cat
    • eye placement
    • retractable claws
    • longer front legs (would make Carnotaurus’ arms longer)
    • parent instincts
    • milk

If possible, omnivorous diet, otherwise I’ll choose carnivore.

It would live in colder areas, more likely southern, feeding on anything it finds and is edible (omnivorous), or preying on creatures of size up to its own (carnivorous).

Reaching averagely 2 meters in height, it would reproduce sexually, and after gestation period of 10 months, it would give birth to 0.2 meter tall juvenile, which it would take care of for 8 months feeding it with its milk for the first 3 months (after 3 months juveniles feed on what adult individual feeds on), after which it leaves the now averagely 1.75 meters tall offspring on its own.

Edit: Don’t make it a real creature, I want to sleep :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Septentrionalium Ventus, The North Wind

Poison Dart Frog:
1-Head
2-Poison skin

Mountain Goat:
1-Climbing Legs
2-Thick Fur, to protect against the elements.
3-Goat body

Bat
1-Large Ears for echolocation
2-Large Wings for flight
3-Retractable claws

Mayfly
1-1 day lifespan

The North Wind lives in the cold, mountainous north. Here they swoop down and grapple prey with their large claws, flying high up into the air and then dropping their prey, killing them instantly. They then lay their eggs in their prey’s blood. After a few hours, they die, and their young hatch and feed on the corpses of the creatures. They then grow exponentially, until reaching the size of a cow, when the the cycle repeats.

4 Likes

Plicatilis Vulgaris (Flexible-Common) - The Adaptableling

1# Dinoponera (Ant):
a) Social Structure
b) Body Plan
c) Stinger + Venom
d) Legs

2# Moss:
a) Photosynthesis
b) Cellulose Cell Wall + Armour
c) Wide Climate/Condition Tolerance

3# Dragonfly:
a) Wings
b) Dragonfly Compound Eye
c) Jaws

4# Axolotl:
a) Regeneration
b) Gills

DESCRIPTION:
Plicatilis Vulgaris is a highly generalist carnivore-photosynthesizing chimera, being able to live both abovewater and underwater (in freshwater areas) aswell as being able to fly, making it able to live in much of the “Parapingronsia” supercontinent. It’s roughly 5 centimetre in length when fully grown. Thanks to it’s moss-derived photosynthesizing tissue, it can supplement itself with a large amount of sugar/energy. It lives in colonies of 50-100 individuals, which fight for the role of a reproducer. It’s generally able to eat most organic things that aren’t plants.

2 Likes
Current list of filled niches

Tropical/Subtropical Trees

Beach Trees

Floating Plants

Shallow-water Sea Plants

Plant-assisting Fungus

Grass

Small Floating/swimming Filter-feeders

Large Sea Predator

Sea (and maybe land??) coral

Large herding filter-feeder

Eusocial insects

Large terrestrial predator

freshwater zooplankton

Saltwater zooplankton

Deep sea baitfish

Large tropical insectivore

Amphibious detrivore/omnivore

Terrestrial plains herding herbivore

Eusocial pollinator

Ferns

Pseudo-hive insects

Giant birds

Small terrestrial predator

Seabirds

Water birds

Terrestrial pursuit predator

Jungle bird

Gliding Terrestrial Cliff-Hunters

All Terrain Tropical Ambush Hunter

Large Cold-Climate Omnivore

Cold Mountain Flying Carnivore

Small All Terrain Colony carnivore

Environments that need creatures

All Temperate, Subpolar, and Polar biomes

All Mountain biomes

All Aquatic biomes

All Cave Biomes

All Desert Biomes

All other biomes could use expanding, but not as desperately as those listed above

Just some lists based on currently submitted creatures that I know

3 Likes

Contrarea Harenaortuma

• Cactus
    • spikes/spines capable of collecting water from atmosphere
    • flower and sexual reproduction via pollen
  • Fly
    • wings
  • Marram Grass
    • pioneer species capabilities
    • strong, complex roots
    • above-ground stolons

It would be a plant inhabitating desertous and barren areas, it would collect moisture from atmospheres with the use of its spikes located almost all over its surface. It develops stolons, stretching just above the ground to prevevent being covered by sand, and also for stability, along with the complex and strong root system underneath.

It reproduces sexually - it depends on smaller creatures that it attracts with its flower on top of it. Pollen is then carried away by these smaller creatures and possibly fertilize another individual.

Resulting zygote is then developing encasing and wing structure. After period of averagely 1 day, it disconnects from the parent organism and flies away on its wings. Eventually it will hit the ground, and out of encasing a new organism will arise.

It can develop on barren sands and thus is pioneer species.

1 Like

name: informem soledentis (shapeless sun eater)

#1 sugarcane
a: chloroplasts and chloroplast concentration
b: cellulose
c: leaf structure, but adapted to using blood with cells in it
d: the production chains for all necessary nutrients

#2: sea sponge
a: cell de-specialization
b: motile body cells
c: phagocytes lining the entirety of the digestive tract
d: regenerative capabilities
e: reproduction via budding

#3: blainville’s beaked whale
a: bone density of 86.7%
b: cancer resistance
c: teeth
d: ribs(why do amphibians not have ribs???)
e: electroreceptors
f: thick skin(but only in saltwater and air)
g: a set of lungs
h: 4 chambered heart

#4: unisexual ambystoma salamander
a: kleptogenesis
b: skeleton
c: blood
d: regeneration of complex systems
e: gills, but with circulation control
f: another set of lungs
g: lungs are able to breathe air and water without problems
h: the rest of the body plan

description: informem soledentis is an amphibious, solitary carnivore and filter feeder that does not respirate through its skin unless in fresh water, allowing it to survive in any saltiness of water as long as it can fill its lungs with air, or ,if the salt content of the water is below 1%, water. it has two sets of lungs when mature or 2 sets of gills and one set of lungs as an eft, with one set of gills external and the other internal, and the external one able to cut its circulation down or off if the water or air is toxic. it has a weak shapeshifting ability and hundreds of leaves up to 1 cm in length and 1 mm in width coating its body, with the outer cells of the leaves using cellulose to protect the leaves from damage, and all the leaves have the veins, arteries, and capillaries arranged to make sure none of the cells start doing photorespiration by taking all the oxygen out of them before it gets too concentrated.

unlike most amphibians, informem soledentis has ribs to protect its organs, and its bones use a combination of the normal bone materials and a lot of cellulose fibers to have high compressive and tensile strength, making the bones extremely hard to break, especially with something small enough to actually grab them.

all through its digestive tract informem soledentis has cells to eat food particles and/or bacteria, with enough space between them to allow their native gut bacteria to not go extinct, but little enough space between them that instead of being able to become overpopulated the bacteria get farmed.

informem soledentis reproduces through parthenogenesis, sexual reproduction with another species of amphibian, or budding, with parthenogenesis and sexual reproduction occuring in their normal area, and budding happening in pores in the large intestine, through which mature members of this species produce hundreds of offspring.

when produced through budding informem soledentis will begin their life cycle by being pushed out of the pores they develop in, at which point they are roughly spherical in shape and have several root hair like structures they use to anchor themselves to their mother’s fecal matter so they can exit their intestines. depending on where they are excreted they will either develop a skin, gill hairs, and structures specialized for maximizing salt removed from their cytoplasm while minimizing water loss, or get wrinkly to maximize surface area to photosynthesize and filter feed with. in either state it will grow with a target size of 1 cm, at which point it will start differentiating its internal cells and developing into a juvenile informem soledentis specimen. this is their primary method of reproduction due to there not being that many salamander species’ around

3 Likes

So I know apes aren’t allowed. Are monkeys?

only apes.
monkeys (lemurs, new worlds and baboons and something around them) are ok

4 Likes

Time for some WILD animal
Auritus Unfamiliaris (Big-Ears Unfamiliar)

1# Hare:
a) Hearing (Ears)
b) Jumping Legs
c) Ability to eat plant-matter (Rabbit-like Teeth)
d) Rapid Reproducer
e) Temperate Zone Survival
f) Digging

2# Falcon:
a) Wings + Flying Styles
b) Beak
c) Claws on Feet/Legs
d) Feathers
e) Falcon Eyes
f) Ability to eat Animals-matter

3# Bombardier Beetle:
a) Chemical Spray
b) Legs (other than jumping legs)

4# Octopus:
a) Color Changing
b) Brain Intelligence

DESCRIPTION:
Auritus Unfamiliaris is a very strange animal which inhabits the temperate zones of the world of Chimarion. It can eat both meat and plant-matter, however when it comes to the plant matter it mostly eats fruits and nuts. The animal preys like a falcon, skydiving, however it releases a hot chemical like the Bombardier Beetle to burn it’s prey and changes it’s colors to be hard-to-see to it’s prey. It’s quite intelligent and the place it calls home is underground tunnel system it digs, where it moves by it’s 2 posterior hare-like legs and 4 more frontal beetle-like legs. It’s rought 65 cm long and tall when fully grown.

2 Likes

I wonder if @doomlightning won’t be overwhelmed by the amount of species’ evolutions to design…

3 Likes

I have run into a problem.

It is known as the square cube law

Edit: Making a species that’s part Giant Bamboo, and I wanted to keep their ability to grow up to 140 feet long, at least for the females

Not only is that very large, it would also make their wingspan need to be able to go up to a staggering 210 feet, using some very fast and messy math, which is honestly kinda ridiculous

Not sure whether I want to roll with it or just reduce maximum size

Edit 2: Recalculations cus I’m dumb, the wingspan would be closer to like 700 feet, which is absolutely too large, incredibly so

3 Likes

Aaah would love to submit but it’s almost night lol (ig if it’s still open I’ll submit what I can think off)

3 Likes

It’s open til Tuesday next week, at least that was what Doom said last I saw

2 Likes

name: pullulare cancer (sprouting crab)

#1: coconut crab
a: the entire body minus some organs, namely the gills, eyes, and gobelgium, because i’m either replacing them with something better or giving their function to a later stage
b: i’m using this as an early life stage, so the extra space is getting replaced with fat storage
c: chitin

#2: luna moth
a: full male adult form
b: fat as energy storage
c: the cocoon
d: it’s being used as a replacement for both the pollinators and the male parts of the flowers

#3: mudskipper
a: eyes
b: amphibious gills that actively respire
c: bone tissue, which is used in all hard tissues outside of the luna moth form
d: heart
e: blood and blood vessels

#4: english oak
a: the whole tree, minus the acorns and male flowers/ flower parts

description:
pullulare cancer is an oak in its adult form, but unlike an oak it has capillaries, veins, arteries, and several hundred hearts, with each one able to move blood up about 3 feet or down all the way to the roots.
the male flowers are replaced with a cocoon-like flower bud full of blood containing stem cells and a nervous system that develops into an adult male luna moth, but it can still get glucose to turn into energy by inhaling the blood it develops in. due to growing its respiratory system while in a fluid it has muscles arounf the book lungs to exhale the blood and inhale fresh air. because of developing in blood it also has fish blood instead of insect hemolymph
the moth stage also has the same amount of chloroplasts as the leaves, making it last far longer than a normal luna moth

about half an hour after pollination pullulare cancer flowers start to curl up their petals until they close, form a seal that won’t break unless cut, fill the inside of the flower with a fluid similar to egg yolks, make their stems thicker until they can support around 100 pounds before expanding the flower while filling it with the egg yolk-like fluid until there’s 30 lbs of egg yolk before encasing the flower in a thick bark that can only logically be broken in one spot from the inside, after which the cell that was fertilized by the moth stage is put in the yolk, which causes it to start replicating until it forms the seed stage, which is a coconut crab that has mudskipper gills and eyes, fat storage instead of all organs only necessary for long term(over 3 years) survival or reproduction, and a single cellulose walled vertebra shaped starch and protein container is present in the middle of the thorax. inside it is a single cell which has its growth inhibited by the flow of water, can perform both aerobic respiration and lactic fermentation, and is kept one cell by the flow of blood breaking off its daughter cell which just becomes a stem cell and then eventually blood cells, however, when the crab’s heart stops, the cell inside the ‘seed’ in the center of the crab starts multiplying rapidly and making roots to extend throughout its corpse. when the whole corpse is occupied by roots, the seedling will start growing a stem up out of the crab, and then follow the normal growth patterns of an oak, but starting with having a single heart in the ‘vertebra’ it grows from

the crab form acts like a normal coconut crab as long as you don’t pay attention to the strong desire to explore as far away from where it started as possible

what about if you split the wingspan over 20 or more wings? or did you already try that?

3 Likes

Chimeric part that has wings only has one pair of wings, and I actually prefer that look. I’m just gonna have to scale the length down a bit and the wingspan will greatly decrease

Edit: In y’all’s opinion what would be the maximum reasonable wingspan for an organism to have? Completely aerial, photoautotrophic with opportunistic heterotrophy

3 Likes

My chimera:

Name: Timoremedusa Styx ( Fear jelly from the river Styx)

1: Comb jelly

• cilia

• tentacles covered in colloblasts for snagging marine snow and plankton for food.

2: Giant tube worm

• Symbiotic chemotrophic bacteria

• Heat resistance

3: Stygiomedusa (Giant Phantom Jellyfish)

• main body shape

• reproductive strategy

Description

Despite it’s intimidating appearance, Timoremedusa Styx Is a harmless, gentle giant that subsists entirely on a combination of plankton, marine snow, and sugars produced by it’s symbiotic bacteria. Growing to a maximum size of 10 meters in length, they reproduce asexually budding off a miniature version of the adult from within the gastric cavity which will eventually undergo metamorphosis into a planula larva.

3 Likes