Devblog #18: Thrive is Alive

Thrive's back, baby.

We're beyond excited to announce the release of the culmination of our efforts for the last whoever knows how long, Thrive version 0.4.0.

It's true: we've returned from the dead. We finally have a new engine. And, as you'll learn if you read on, a hell of a lot of other things too...

Read the full Devblog here:

11 Likes

Although you can still post individual bug reports in the bug reports section on the forum, we now have this thread to post in as well.

I hope this game will THRIVE

1 Like

Yesyesyesyes its there

Get rekt scrubs
6 Likes

There Is Multiplayer Here I think???
In The Extra Menu There Is A Multiplayer Prototype

Finally! I’m so proud of the Thrive project, and I can’t wait to see @QuantumCrab 's intro!

YES!! :thrive: :thrive::thrive::thrive::thrive: THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! i’m gonna play soon, an it looks amazing!

YEEAAASSHHHHHH OBOIIIIIIIIIIIYTYYY

theirs a lot to download, but thank you, Thrive dev teem, for this amazing; early Christmas present. :thrive::thrive::thrive::thrive:

I don’t understand why your game hadn’t crashed before you beated the game.

EDIT : My specs

CPU : Intel i3-4330 (2 cores, 4 threads) (even though it’s 2c-4t, it runs most of the games perfectly, except some Unreal Engine games)
GPU : AMD Radeon RX 560 (4GB, GDDR5, not in Crossfire Mode)
RAM : 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz (DDR3 because my motherboard doesn’t support DDR4; I’ve had this computer for around [4, 5] years)
Motherboard : I don’t recall its name
Primary HDD : 465 GB 7200 RPM
Secondary HDD : 6 TB (yeah, Steam was becoming too heavy for my computer, thus I bought this HDD) I don’t recall neither its RPM or its manufacturer.

I’ve only had around 3 crashes, but my PC is rather beefy, so maybe it has something to do with that

The better your PC is the less crashes you get, would explain why us programmers have no crashing.
But don’t worry I think I finally got the physics crash solved, so look out for the small patch coming soon.