Devblog #18: Thrive is Alive

(system) #1

Thrive's back, baby.

We're beyond excited to announce the release of the culmination of our efforts for the last whoever knows how long, Thrive version 0.4.0.

It's true: we've returned from the dead. We finally have a new engine. And, as you'll learn if you read on, a hell of a lot of other things too...

Read the full Devblog here:

(Oliveriver) #2

Although you can still post individual bug reports in the bug reports section on the forum, we now have this thread to post in as well.

(Radical Revolutionary) #3

I hope this game will THRIVE

(Dyson Sphere Freak) #4

Yesyesyesyes its there

(He who abuses the search function) #5

Get rekt scrubs

(Skeletons send shivers down your spine.) #6

(Evolution4Weak) #7

There Is Multiplayer Here I think???
In The Extra Menu There Is A Multiplayer Prototype

("Belgium isotope" "Achievement hunter" "King of badcalls" "File handler" "Github complainer") #8

Finally! I’m so proud of the Thrive project, and I can’t wait to see @QuantumCrab 's intro!

(🔥😈🔥The Lord Of Bored🎄🎄🎄) #9

YES!! :thrive: :thrive::thrive::thrive::thrive: THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! THRIVE!! i’m gonna play soon, an it looks amazing!

(*Dab*) #10

YEEAAASSHHHHHH OBOIIIIIIIIIIIYTYYY

(🔥😈🔥The Lord Of Bored🎄🎄🎄) #11

theirs a lot to download, but thank you, Thrive dev teem, for this amazing; early Christmas present. :thrive::thrive::thrive::thrive:

("Belgium isotope" "Achievement hunter" "King of badcalls" "File handler" "Github complainer") #12

I don’t understand why your game hadn’t crashed before you beated the game.

EDIT : My specs

CPU : Intel i3-4330 (2 cores, 4 threads) (even though it’s 2c-4t, it runs most of the games perfectly, except some Unreal Engine games)
GPU : AMD Radeon RX 560 (4GB, GDDR5, not in Crossfire Mode)
RAM : 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz (DDR3 because my motherboard doesn’t support DDR4; I’ve had this computer for around [4, 5] years)
Motherboard : I don’t recall its name
Primary HDD : 465 GB 7200 RPM
Secondary HDD : 6 TB (yeah, Steam was becoming too heavy for my computer, thus I bought this HDD) I don’t recall neither its RPM or its manufacturer.

(He who abuses the search function) #13

I’ve only had around 3 crashes, but my PC is rather beefy, so maybe it has something to do with that

The better your PC is the less crashes you get, would explain why us programmers have no crashing.
But don’t worry I think I finally got the physics crash solved, so look out for the small patch coming soon.