Downtime notices

Once I get the new main website server up, I’m going to be moving other services to new servers as well. So expect random downtime today for various things.

Edit: I’m now done with moving all the services other than the email. I’ll post an announcement about that shortly as that move might impact email deliverability.

Edit 2: mail server is done as well. So now all the hosted services have been moved to new servers.

1 Like

I’ll be installing server updates again. Expect around 15 minutes of downtime starting in about 5 minutes.

Edit: done

I’ll install server updates again in about 20 minutes. Should take the usual less than 15 minutes of downtime.

I need to install a bigger discourse update. I’ll start installing it in about 5 minutes. Should result in about 20-30 minutes of downtime at most.

Installing server updates in 10 minutes.

Edit: done.

Installing updates again, in 5 minutes this time.

Installing updates again, in about 10 minutes.

Installing server updates in 5 minutes.

69th post in downtime notices in right now.

1 Like

There’s a bigger discourse update that needs installing. This will result in more downtime than other maintenance. So expect about 30-ish minutes. I’ll start updating the devforum now and once that is done the community forums.

Edit: had some issues with the discourse update randomly failing, seems like I couldn’t do anything with that except just try multiple times until it eventually worked. All should be fine now.

2 Likes

Installing updates again, starting very soon.

hhyyrylainen, its not good to necro post or double post.
(jk)

3 Likes

Installing server updates in 5 minutes.

Installing server updates in a few minutes.

1 Like

I’ll install the markdown footnote plugin, site will be down for about 20 minutes while discourse rebuilds.

Installing server updates again in 8 minutes.