Downtime notices

Once I get the new main website server up, I’m going to be moving other services to new servers as well. So expect random downtime today for various things.

Edit: I’m now done with moving all the services other than the email. I’ll post an announcement about that shortly as that move might impact email deliverability.

Edit 2: mail server is done as well. So now all the hosted services have been moved to new servers.

1 Like

I’ll be installing server updates again. Expect around 15 minutes of downtime starting in about 5 minutes.

Edit: done

I’ll install server updates again in about 20 minutes. Should take the usual less than 15 minutes of downtime.

I need to install a bigger discourse update. I’ll start installing it in about 5 minutes. Should result in about 20-30 minutes of downtime at most.

Installing server updates in 10 minutes.

Edit: done.

Installing updates again, in 5 minutes this time.

Installing updates again, in about 10 minutes.

Installing server updates in 5 minutes.

69th post in downtime notices in right now.

1 Like

There’s a bigger discourse update that needs installing. This will result in more downtime than other maintenance. So expect about 30-ish minutes. I’ll start updating the devforum now and once that is done the community forums.

Edit: had some issues with the discourse update randomly failing, seems like I couldn’t do anything with that except just try multiple times until it eventually worked. All should be fine now.

2 Likes

Installing updates again, starting very soon.

hhyyrylainen, its not good to necro post or double post.
(jk)

3 Likes

Installing server updates in 5 minutes.

Installing server updates in a few minutes.

1 Like

I’ll install the markdown footnote plugin, site will be down for about 20 minutes while discourse rebuilds.

Installing server updates again in 8 minutes.

Installing updates again in 5 minutes.

Edit: finally done. I updated the main website’s server which is running a wordpress site. That did not like the update to PHP 8, so I had to scramble around to try to install an older php version and then get it configured. I didn’t like WordPress in the first place (due to exactly these kind of update issues), and now I like it even slightly less.

Installing regular updates this time, so there shouldn’t be an issue this time. Starting in about 10 minutes with the updates and it shouldn’t take more than 15 or so minutes.

1 Like

A bit earlier than one month later, but I’m installing updates again. Should be pretty quick.

Will install server updates basically starting now.

3 Likes