Downtime notices

Does this mean the shoutbox should be working again now?

1 Like

Yes. And the shoutbox IS working again.

Looks like the shoutbox fix was merged to their official repo.
I’ll do a site rebuild starting in a few minutes. Should cause about 30 minutes of downtime.

Edit: done

3 Likes

I’ll run server updates starting in a few minutes. Should result in just a couple of minutes downtime while the server restarts after installing the updates.

1 Like

I’ll try to resolve a storage issue starting in 15ish minutes. I’ll need to run app rebuild so expect up to 30 minutes of downtime. I’m going to do the same operation for the dev forum starting now.

edit: done

3 Likes

I’ll install some bigger server updates starting in 20 minutes. Should result in about a max of 1 hour of downtime.

Edit: should be done now.

Edit 2: it’s actually done now, had to do one more restart to get email working again.

3 Likes

I’m going to change the email server this forum uses. That requires a site rebuild causing some downtime. So starting in 15 minutes, there’s going to be about 15 minutes of downtime (if I get it right the first time).

Edit: messed up a bit, but it should be fine now.

1 Like

I’ll install server updates in 10 minutes.

Edit: first part complete, had a little bit of an issue with docker not starting after server updates.
I’ll need to do one more bit of downtime for the forum starting in about 10-15 minutes and lasting about 20 minutes.

Edit: finally done.

1 Like

I’ll install some bigger updates starting in 20 minutes. Should take 30-45 minutes max.
I’ll also finally uninstall the shoutbox plugin which has been (partly) broken for months. If it ever starts to be maintained again, I can add it back in.

1 Like

Installing server updates on all servers. In 5 minutes. Should take less than 10 minutes.

1 Like

You’re such a hard worker, man. You’re apparently taking this entire thing on your shoulders. The Thrive community has a lot to thank you.

Installing updates in a few minutes. Should take less than 10 minutes.

I’ll install bigger server updates starting in a couple of minutes. It should take less than an hour, unless something decides to explode with the update.

Edit: things might be fine now, I’m still checking to make sure that all services are up.

1 Like

Installing normal server updates this time. Should cause downtime of just a few minutes. I’ll start in a few minutes.

2 Likes

I was going to install a normal discourse update, but that failed, and it seems a site rebuild is probably the fix. So I’ll start that in a bit, should result in a max of 30 minutes of downtime.

Installing server updates in 10 minutes.

I’ll install server updates on all of our servers starting in 10 minutes. Should take less than 30 minutes.

Installing server updates in 15 minutes.

2 Likes

Installing server updates in 10 minutes.

Thank you mister (or misses) hhyyrylainen!

(I’m surprised I was able to type that ou- I mean what?)

1 Like