Downtime notices

I’ll be installing updates on this server starting in 15 minutes or so.

I’ll be installing some updates that require a bit of downtime starting now.
Edit: done

May I, a mere plebling, enquire as to what the updates did?

I updated from discourse v2.3.0.beta9 to v2.3.0.beta11. I don’t know what that update included.

2 Likes

Installing updates, that require rebuilding discourse image, starting in a few minutes. Should take around 20 or so minutes.

I’ll be installing a bigger update on this server soon (and probably messing with some settings). So expect downtime up to an hour and probably also smaller glitches for some time after that.

Edit: the major update is now complete. I need to mess with the config still so I may have to do some reboots.

1 Like

I’m going to install a bigger discourse update on the server and do some other maintenance, starting soon. Probably takes less than an hour.

Edit: it’s done now.

3 Likes

Installing updates starting now.

1 Like

Installing server updates in a couple of minutes. I’ll need to sometime soon do some updating to discourse due to the new geoip license stuff.

Installing updates soon. Should be done in 30 minutes or so.

Originally posted this in the wrong thread, whoops.

Trying to fix discourse with a rebuild after the formatting toolbar broke now.

and the formatting toolbar is now working again.
3 Likes

Installing updates in a couple of minutes.

On Wednesday 29.4. at 05:30 am UTC+2 some maintenance will be done which will cause downtime of around 15 minutes on the forums.

I’ll install a bigger update on this server starting in about an hour, at 16:00 UTC, it should take about an hour, assuming nothing breaks with it.

Edit: should be done now. And hopefully the world didn’t explode.

1 Like

I installed a bigger update today which seems to have broken the development feeds.
I asked for help on the discourse forums:

Edit: a few more site updates coming, as I need to test things without one plugin.
Things should be back to normal in 30 minutes.

Edit: so currently (until the reaction plugin gets an update) the choice is between having it (though it might still not work correctly), and having the development feeds broken. Or having everything else except the post reactions working.

The retort plugin got an update and is now installed again.

3 Likes

I’ll install some updates starting in 2 hours, should result in less than an hour of downtime.

Edit: starting now

1 Like

I’ll try setting up CDN / S3 image storage for this and the dev forum, starting in an hour. Depending on how badly I mess things up, it could maybe take up to an hour for the site to be back online.

Edit: done. Posts rebake is still running so some posts might be broken for some time, and server performance might be impacted.

I’ll test some experimental discourse changes made by me on here. Expect the site to be down a lot for the next hour or two.

1 Like

Installing a forked and fixed version of babble starting now.

Edit: done and it seems to be working without breaking the search.

2 Likes