Easter Eggs

New microbe stage disco mode song confirmed?

2 Likes

Space stage.
So you can find a highly radiated planet and when you land (if you have radiation protection) on it you’ll find skeletons of odd yet cute creatures that would never survive in the real world and orbs that can store matter.
I might of confused you but this is a easter egg of pokemon if the pokemon world had gotten into a nuclear war.

1 Like

Tribal-Space: Find or create a Golden Gauntlet adorned with gemstones. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

2 Likes

This is why the internet was created

1 Like

Space- Find a planet entirely populated with crustacean-like fauna.

Because the Final Fantasy VII remake is never coming out.

crab rave

:neutral_face:

:smirk:

2 Likes

Space - Find some water world with huge ass creatures on it. Then make a wiki on it or something.

Space - Find a Disc Planet caried by four giant elephants staying on the back of an even more giant turtle.

This is referring to Terry Pratchetts Disc World.

Space

There 2 idea for this easter egg:

1.There Is A random chance when you find earth that it is flat
2. You Randomly Find A Flat Planet
Flat Earth Society

NECRO 28 days later
1 Like

You have it all wrong, it should be Flat Mars.

6 Likes

Whoops, there seems to be another space stage easter egg forum.

1. SPACE: Grox planet (ONLY 1), but they aren’t mechanical and are actually quite friendly.

2. Microbial: If you put a secret code or something, you start as a germ cell fighting in the human body.

3. Aware: When you reach the aware stage, your brain expands and makes you fall over.

1 Like

For the 2nd easter egg, wouldn’t this be an expert mode of sorts? The human body’s immune system is actually quite good at killing germs if the person is healthy and all.

It sort of depends. Either the skin blocks you off entirely, or, if you’re lucky and enter from a wound or something, Either the white blood cells try to wrap around you or surround you in antibodies (assuming they have the right type to neutralise you). If these two methods fail, at this point, the human body is yours to take. It’s either ridiculously easy or ridiculously difficult. That’s why I suggested a code or maybe a post-end “new game+” kind of thing.

Not anything specific just put a jojo reference on there if none of the dev team has ever watched jojo add me on as a jojo and WH40k consultant

oh and warhammer 40k references in the way that lets say your species got gyro jet gun tech you can progress it in the tech tree to make bolters and power armour is a must so you can stock it full of references

like Hazardous Environment Suits -(HEV suits from half life used for explorer or scientist characters minimum protection from combat but maximum protection against environmental radiation and other things of the sort
Spartan armour- (Mjolnir armour from the halo games used for elite soldiers with regenerating energy and possibly more halo references in the way they act)
Heavy armour - (would basically be warhammer armour a possible upgrade could be similar in style to Dreadnought suits but maybe not)
and basically anything in the world that has power armour in it can be referenced

Other easter eggs for different stages
Cellular -
Banana land - a rare 0.000000000000000001% chance for the banana biome to occur for 5 seconds the duration and percentage is to avoid accusations of it being a bug perhaps a popup saying you’ve found the banana biome to throw people off that path
Aware - a crashed and heavily eroded ship can be found somewhere (note the ship will completely deteriorate over the course of many stages if you decide to stay nearby it preferable disappearing completely by early society stage so that you cannot mess up gameplay flow by salvaging space tech )
For society awakening and basically most of the early on planet things i cannot think of ideas to reference or make as easter eggs

1 Like

I would rather keep Thrive JoJo-free, as they don’t really have anything in common, so most people playing would probably not even get the reference.

Also, what the :belgium: is a banana biome? Please explain I legitimately want to know.

2 Likes

Are you belgiuming kidding me m8

That is something only us Thrive dev veterans know of its a glitch that caused the background to turn into yellow and black stripes (referred to as a banana biome)

1 Like

Only true Thrive fans will understand.

1 Like

Mate it’s from around 2 updates back. (Then again, most people still around now are from 0.3.4 or later, so eh)

1 Like

Sorry I’ve only been around for a month so I don’t know this sort of stuff.

1 Like

I used the word veteran because you were clearly new and i wanted to fuck with your knowledge of background events by making it seem as though the banana biome is from days long past

Hexagonal cells are from those days long past however

1 Like