Easter Eggs

You call yourself a veteran? Only real OGs remember this:

Just kidding, even if I were around at that time, I still wouldn’t be able to play Thrive (old PC) and so, I still wouldn’t get it.

1 Like

Completely irrelevant, but I’d like to point out that the percentage you used is 1 in 10 quintillion. For reference, the earth is 100 quadrillion seconds old, so if tried every second since the beginning of earth, you likely still wouldn’t of got it by now.

4 Likes

This is the easter egg section despite your complaints being valid somewhere can you please point to why you replied to me specifically i can’t find what you’re complainin about
Please try to only post easter eggs here

1 Like

I was referencing this post 54 if this thread;
And was just poking fun at the ridiculous number you used.
Realistically, any easter egg rarer than a 1 in 10,000 chance (0.01% this much) isn’t going to be encountered by most players.
Anyway, I’ll keep this to easter eggs from now on.

1 Like

Oh sorry bout that the reason i made it so low was first Hyperbole second The banana biome was a bug and of course imagine if the number was a higher chance most people would be bugging the devs saying they encountered a bug where the biome was a weird colour i made it such a low chance so that very little people would be bugging the devs about it the final nail in the anti bug devs coffin was to make it so that text telling you this was intentional appeared on screen so you wouldn’t just annoy the devs with un true bug reports

2 Likes

What if there was a small chance of encountering a giant banana somewhere, like space

1 Like

Why not a banana planet?

Because its not funny and random enough!
Slap

3 Likes

Every universe will have one mysterious giant banana aimlessly floating through space. I like it! Will not affect gameplay, people will know it’s not a bug as opposed to just a biome AND it’s just gonna be one of the unanswered questions of the universe. What is the purpose of life? How did we get here? Is the universe ever going to cease to exist? What’s up with that giant banana? The important questions, y’know.

what about the banana people from spore

Ascension stage idea:
Just outside of the galaxy, there should be a bar called the demigod bar, that can only be found in the Ascension stage. The player could enter it in the form of a member of their species, and interact with it

In ascension stage when you find a planet where all animals have bioluminescence the disco mode theme plays whenever you enter it.

1 Like

when you reach ascension option to play entire game in disco mode (hidden in the menu like you have to mouse over a specific pixel to pop up the prompt to do so)
Cell stage - same disco mode as we’ve already seen
multicellular - still nucleus disco balls except your cells that constitute your body are randomly lighting up like party lights also when you get big enough you get an afro on top
aware - afro, sweet shades and your creature dances
awakening - same as aware except you have the option to build a disco club (could be in the final normal game anyways)
society - boogie knights what more do i have to say
industrial- invent machines that do disco dances and also fill the air with disco pollution (rainbow flashing smoke)
Space - space ships and sattelites with disco balls
ascension again - option to set game back to normal or activate the ultimate groove the entire galaxy lights up as everyone simultaneously gets down to the funky music (still have option to set game back to normal but at that point why would you want to)

2 Likes

I think there should be bits of old memes about Thrive’s development here and there throughout the game or at least on your second play through, like smeltal the meltal and “we need more programmers”

1 Like

Some planets should be allowed to develop Darwinian demons, and for them to take over the entire planet. If the player starts on one of those planets, only they, the player, could become a demon (because no-one wants to be crushed under a random tidal-wave of hyper-worms)

another one of my ideas was to reference users on this forum throughout the game like referencing teaking by putting a tea cup in space

1 Like

Is this part of Russell’s Tea Set?

1 Like

Wait that exists?:thinking: Well this is interesting…

Well since that reference is about me imma say this:
Make me a teacup with a crown next to a teapot, that Easter egg references both me and Russell’s teapot

2 Likes

Yes, you are a genius!

Also maybe we could put a giant eye in the middle of the universe to reference hhyyrylainen?:thinking:

2 Likes