Fire-Breath & Other Outlandish Feats of Nature

I wouldn’t really call them ‘eating’ bacteria, it was more comparable to photosynthesis.

2 Likes

well i think that if it was concentrated enough it would for lack of a better word “flash-cook” the target. also i can only really see this evolving on some kind of mega radiation saturated planet.

Where did you get that? You can’t “eat” radiation, it’s not food, it’s just strong light. And if you develop rad-resistance in a radiated planet, so would other creatures, rendering your power useless.

1 Like

that makes sense. what do you think about bones made of iron.

That’s gamma radiation, alpha and beta radiation does consist of matter. (As much as elektrons are matter, let’s just say alpha consists of matter (helium cores), while beta radiation is unknown)

2 Likes
1 Like

can something evolve to live in space?

All that we know is that it’s possible to “live” in space in a sort of sleep (tardigrades), but I don’t think this would be implemented in-game as you start on a planet.

1 Like

It would need to be a very small and simple species too, (there are literally microbes larger and more complex than tardigrades,) since there would be less moving parts which can break. (Simply put, a car can break easier than a hunk of solid metal 1 mm^3 )

1 Like

I don’t know if that’s possible. It’s not made of cells, so it’s not a living part of your body. But it might rust if it’s constantly in contact with oxydised blood, which could spread infections. It’s also a thermal conductor, while our real bones are insulants, so it might be a nuisance to animals in very hot or very cold climates.

Please correct me if I’m wrong on any of these points, I’m just claiming these as general knowledge rather than facts.

well i thinking more like the capsules around bone cells being made of iron and again life can conquer any feat no matter how difficult.

There might be creatures with no oxygen in their blood. I agree with you, I’m just nitpicking, sorry. Also, the density of our bones is ~1.7 g/cm³, while iron has the density of 7,874 g/cm³. In my opinion, too heavy to be useful.

There are locations in the body where you can use iron prostheses / braces since there won’t be any contact with oxygen, so having only parts of the skeleton be iron could work.

Let’s flip this over to another question: Could a creature theoretically evolve “biorockets”? Same premise as dragons breathing fire, but instead of using it offensively, you use it defensively to fly out of the predator’s reach.

that could allow animals in space

That’s…not what I meant. It’s clearly a last resort type of thing, and it takes a LOT of rocket fuel to go to space, let alone some random primitive animal fuel. And if they did go to space, they would just die from spacestuff.

2 Likes

There was a documentary called Darwin 4 (I think) and it talked about the possibility of methane-combusting creatures that used this as a form of propulsion. Is it really possible? I have no idea

They used metan as rocket fuel, for jet propulsion(they not burned it). How they used metan before the flying, we not know. Film’s name is “Alien planet”.

1 Like

Hey guys, I have a new question: Is it possible (to some extent), to have a creature have the same regenerative capabilities of the Hydra? Maybe not instantly grow 2 heads, but could it have hyper-rapid mitosis to replace a severed limb, for example? I know the axolotl can already regenerate pretty much anything, so that’s possible, but can it do it in a couple of hours?

EDIT: To clarify, I’m talking about a small to medium sized animal. So no microscopic tardigrades, thank you.

How about to reborning like phoenix? I know about reborn in nature. That’s undead jellyfish. It turns to polyp in danger. Or you want only regeneration, like wolverine(man x)?

2 Likes