Future Thrive? (fan art)

Umm… I know its really blank.

10 Likes

looks good, I like that you used bioluminescence (if that’s what the circles around those bacteria is). It might look better if the pencil lines in the background weren’t as visible.

V2 is on the way. I’ll dull the pencil lines, add a bit more cells, make the bioluminescence look good, and post it.

awesome, it look great mate! keep up the work.

You should get it, it’s usually the entire series for only 2 bucks usually around the Steam sales

I played portal 2 on the xbox 360, but never the first game.

V2 of my original fan art so far.

4 Likes

I merged the update thread into this thread. Please post updates in a single thread instead of making a bunch of threads.

Something I threw together real quick.

Picture

A bioluminescent prokaryote with chromatophores

Summary

Edited

Summary

3 Likes

You should care. :smiling_imp:
Edit your bloody posts.

Seriously, stop with the necroposts, doubleposts, tripleposts, and all that other shit.

2 Likes

This is ScOuT (Scanning Outdoor Tracer) and it is very polite. Say “Howdy, ScOuT!”

I got a lot of inspiration for the design from every Valve game ever.
Also, you can notice that the Thrive logo in the upper right corner is empty, that’s because I wanted to create some sort of a “badge” saying “your civ tamed technology”, but I was not satisfied with the execution of my design.
But the idea went something like

this

Hope you like it, Cya!

3 Likes

That’s amazing, I like Portal robots too.

1 Like

Thank you, disembodied space potato!

1 Like

I’ve been really busy being dead, you know, after you murdered me!

2 Likes

This design is quite impressive, and thou hast earnt mine respect!
The shading, the proportions, the everything!
Also, that signature is really spicy…

1 Like

This is a bit of a late reply, But it looks absolutely awesome! keep up the work.

Thank you all so much! I am speechless!

I tried.
Edit:

1 Like

Okay so this is the WIP menu screen animation that could maybe get into the game? I don’t know, it looks pretty nice right now, the lights are a bit bright but that’s because I could only make a quick render.

5 Likes