General Minecraft Talk

It looks quite rocky to me…
Both do, in fact
The newer one just has the bonus of not being an eyesore

3 Likes

Wrong, neither are an eyesore

the old one is the reason i used to hate the nether, the reason for that is that too much contrast was packed into too small a space

1 Like

I like the old texture

well good on you for winning the genetic lottery on your eyes cause looking at it gives me a migraine

1 Like

The Vote Update is really cool, kinda sad I can’t play it cause I don’t have Java. For those unsure what the Vote Update is, I’ll put a few links. It’s this years April fools snapshot

Official Article:

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/vote-update

Xisuma does a great job of actually explaining what the update is and some of the features

2 Likes

Į̸͝ ̴̡̇w̵̳̚i̶͙̍l̴̋ͅl̵͓̕ ̷̯͑t̶̘͋ę̵͘a̵̼͌ř̵͔ ̸̡͒r̶͊͜ĕ̶̗a̷͙̋l̴͙̓i̸̳̔t̵̢͛ŷ̵̝ ̵͕̈ì̶̘t̶̗̍s̶͔̽ȅ̸̪l̸͔͆f̵̞͠

Are you sure it’s not an April’s Fools? It was posted on March 31st and it could very well be a joke given how complex it would be to program such a feature.

It is this years April fools snapshot, but as the link shows this is an ‘official’ snapshot, not some trick by Xisuma or anything

Have you not seen all the youtubers making videos qbout it? You can even play it yourself.

I have posted a vewy funy video about Minecraft in a special thread located in a very special category called Ṯ̶͒͆h̸̗̟̀̅ē̸̤ ̸̮͎̈̄L̸̠̈o̵͓̬̔͝u̵͉͘ń̸̢̻ǧ̴̠͊e̷̢̍. That thread is where you can post videos only for Ṯ̶̨͒h̴̞̐ͅê̷̥̥ ̶̟̗̽̈L̶̺̐̀o̴̜͌͝ṵ̴͖̋ń̸͙̫g̸͌ͅe̵̘͊͠r̸͔͋͠s̶̯̮̒ to make us feel more s̶͉̏̎p̷̜̞̒͋ĕ̴̜͝c̴̨̀i̷̫͓͑̐à̷̘̱̑ľ̶̞̠͝ ̶̢͍̓ȃ̶͓̭̅n̵̟̯̆̀ḏ̴̏ ̵̮̏m̵͎̲̑͝a̴̟͔̎̈́t̷̡̘̐́ȕ̵̘̹͛r̴̢͒͊e̸̢̥͌.

Has anyone got information if MC legends has end dimension or something?

that’s weird, mine hasn’t changed

1 Like

The Fifth Column members really were asking for it.

EDIT cuz no double post: Bedrock Edition is for heretics.

Do you think Bedrock Edition was designed to eventually ditch Linux if they get rid of Java Edition?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

WARNING!

1 Like

This video was posted two months ago, but I just saw it and its kinda cool

It’s Dream who with a team has crafted a voice mod that live translates other languages, which has amazing possibilities for the future

Edit: @Lipovomit any particular reason for the thumbs down? Or was it just because it was Dream who did it

1 Like

A sad day for minecraft modding.

For some reason I’ve seen people losing their minds about minecraft being hacked and not about what the actual problem is: compromised mods. I saw some people worrying / panicking even though it wasn’t clear that they even used mods at all.

1 Like

Speaking about Minecraft, how can we search for any potential security flaw within the Java language (or any other language)? Would it be possible to set up an artificial intelligence to find every possible malware and security flaw so that we can be better protected?

I think the case here is really that Java is just a general purpose programming language, it is not sandboxed, it can do whatever it wants on your computer. So the problem here is that people trust mods to be safe to install and run, even though they are just as vulnerable to being malicious as any random program you might download and install off the internet.

Though on Linux now with Flatpak applications becoming pretty common, those are sandboxed by default and don’t have access to your files (though there are flatpaks that are configured by default to have access to all your files). For example if the Thrive launcher on Linux was compromised to download malware, that malware would be completely isolated inside the sandbox just for the Thrive launcher so it couldn’t read or mess with any other files on your computer.

2 Likes